• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

PolyDrug user support

Deca2015

Greenlighter
So, I have used and abused a wide range of drugs but not the typical. I hate Marajuana, and never was hooked on typical opiates (only Stadol, and Nubain). I did have a coke habit for 2 years but everything else has been Research chemicals, Psychedelics and Disassociatives, and a 5 year stint with ADHD drugs. I have always loved LSD, Tryptamines, and Phenethalamines. I am also into working out so Steroids, HGH, insulin, IGF1, and HGHr peptides are also in play at times. Hundreds of different drugs over the years. I love the idea of the shaman so I have played with pretty much every botanical from Kratom to Aminita and dream herbs.

on top of all this I have managed a fairly successful life with a high paying job, loving wife and two wonderful kids. The problem is I am getting older and it seems my ability to manage all this has declined a bit. So following a 3 year mind bending indulgence I have been relatively clean for the last 5 years other than nootropics, and alcohol.

Unfortunately I am a bit of a swapper for the lack of a better term. I trade one vice for another. I have reduced my habit to Tianeptine and Alcohol. Alcohol has not gotten out of hand yet but it is an ugly drug with physical dependence possibilities and I am worried that it is an awful substitute and I could get hooked.

Ultimately I want to be free, and my experiences have shown me more than I can say, and I need to be clean now. I am great at kicking addictions and have done it many times as long as I have a substitute. I feel the need to tell someone about my struggle but I am afraid because of my standing in the community and success in business. I cannot go to AA because I feel the people in my community who visit it are simply Alcoholics and would look down on my and scorn me for my eccentric choice of drugs. I do not need a rehab, just to talk with people who understand and can provide thoughts based on their experience without judgement. As for suggesting a shrink, I am very familiar with the world of medical records and I do not want my crazy use on my record.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!!!

Last edited:
I feel you. Poly drug abuse is always a bitch, and i completely agree with you about wanting to drop alcohol since it can be such a demon drug to abuse, but if i were you, i would look for something ethnobotanical to swap for alcohol. Im sorry that i cant give a perfect suggestion as of what, but just know that youre not alone.

Your story sounds somewhat similar to my own, in that I was also a poly-drug abuser (DOCs over the years: meth, heroin, d-amphetamine, morphine, LSD, tranquilizers & constant marijuana use) and I could stop any drug with ease, as long as I had another drug waiting for me somewhere...I usually deal with addiction to "drugs" generally-speaking, rather than one drug or even one class of drug.

I'd definitely recommend distancing yourself from alcohol, perhaps trading it for something that's not quite as destructive on the body. Alcohol abuse is no bueno

Are there NA meetings in your area? You could try that instead of AA. I don't agree with some of the core concepts of AA/NA but some people find value in it. In addition, this website is a great resource which I've found lots of help from, in that there are many people here who've gone through drug addiction and have achieved sobriety, and can help others do the same.