• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Poll: DXM use good or bad for spiritual growth?

greenlight2848

Ex-Bluelighter
I would like to get different opinions and perspectives on this topic from various views and experiences. Some people might take DXM too much or in the wrong mind set or attitude and regard it as bad because they have had bad experiences with it. Others might have been in a good setting and mindset and have had great experiences with it and I've read reports of how it helped them better themselves.

The main topic and focus on this is would you say that taking DXM is good or bad for your spiritual growth and evolution as a person just in general pretty much. I have had amazing experiences with it and some weird and mindset seems to play a role in this and kind of your intention and what you are thinking. The mind can come up with all types if things and ideas that you can never really say for sure is true, so when you get these ideas it is best to just realize you are tripping and your mind is powerful and you can imagine all types if concepts and theories but you can't say if they are 100% true. An example of what I mean is I've read a report where someone thought the police were monitoring and watching him through his tv. Just because he came up with that idea, does that make it true? No. Can he prove it isn't true? No. But I doubt that is true. The point is, their is so much we just don't know. This type of thing could be good or bad.

I've had really amazing times on DXM where their was nothing bad about it and felt it helped me progress as a person, and realized things that were obvious that I should be more aware of, and had made me feel love and compassion for others, as well as understanding. I've also had trips where I felt some kind of sense of being psychotic and an having a disturbing feel, but usually when I've got this (not all times, only a couple and at dosed where i would take a dose, then an hour later does like another 200 mg or something), or dosed too close together, such as two days in a row and then again on the same day after coming down or while coming down.

I've had amazing and wonderful experiences on it by my point is sometimes I feel their is some kind of disturbing feel to it. Like during the peak I get insights on my life and they are very positive and I am having such a wonderful time just watching and "flying" around these closed eyed visuals and visions, such as floating through a tunnel or just seeing shapes and patterns, so awesome how it goes with the music. Sometimes after the peak as I just start to come down if I don't listen to music or feel like my mind kind of wanders it gets to where i feel like i have to move around or do something.

Well any way. Their is something but I can't put my finger on it that feels disturbing like maybe it is a trick and after the insights your spiritual growth might be diminished? It could just be all in my head and the only reason it was disturbing was because I thought if it that way, and your mindset creates the vibe if the trip, you think negatively or bad thoughts it has a bad vibe. Usually if I don't think bad thoughts or try to make it good or bad it is just neutral, and usually have positive insights and is good. Maybe it is just because If I'm sitting their and it is hard to focus and the room looks like it is moving back and forth somewhat on high doses and it feels like i cant control my vision and their is a huge loss of clarity of vision. When I close my eyes and listen to music it isn't like this only when I open them. This is usually doses above 300 mg.

This whole foggy loss of clarity of vision thing is actually what triggered me thinking it was bad for spiritual growth, to be honest with you. It's a non clarity type of thing, such as when you take LSD everything is do crisp and clear, but still moving. I honestly believe it was because I just came up with that concept while tripping and the room spinning that made it that way, it's just because I thought if it that way simply put. I'm not saying this is true but I came up with the idea that demons could be possessing my body, and the vibe of DXM has something to do with satan (the robo gels are red pills) but that was only because my mind began to wonder and i just thought that up. I've also felt heavenly on it as well and felt close to God do it has something to do with God as well. It's best not too overthink or think too hard about concepts though. If an idea pops up that you think someone is outside of your door you can get paranoid, and it becomes real. If you realise it is all in your mind then you (or me) calm down. I calmed down and then realized that isn't true an then felt fine, if i thought that instead, angels (as opposed to demons) were communicating with me, then it would be so, and change the vibe of the trip. Maybe if you are negative and in a low vibe state all the time, that will reflect in your experience and if you are positive and not hating and negative, it can somewhat show in your trip. Just set and setting and mindset is most important, as well as attitude and intentions.

I usually only take DXM once a month and might cut back to every other month. So good or bad for spiritual growth or just growing as a person (which could just be the same thing)? I feel It can be good or bad depending on if you abuse it and take it on the right conditions and right mindset, or it could be neutral. Most of the time I feel it is either good or neutral, but in times where i took it like 3 days in a row it felt bad, but not something you can't easily recover from.

And I don't take it because I have to or to help depression, but mainly just because at high doses listening to music with eyes closed is so awesome, and mainly do it just for the experience and because i dig it, and kind if like how people just go to Carowinds to ride rides, because it is fun. I also like to meditate on it for spiritual purposes and their is something like a shamanic type feel about it as well. Maybe only the disturbing feel came when i took it to close together or one time when i re dosing after coming down or just thought how blurry it was or something. I honestly believe it's all in your head and mind and at times when it felt too intense or disturbing I just calmed down and felt fine afterwards. Also when dosing too close together and I was thinking too much I felt like a psycho, but just calmed down and then felt fine afterwards and enjoyed the rest of the trip. I have also felt mad or insane a couple times, but nothing too bad and in a joking manne.well anyway I usually have a great time meditating on it while listening to music but if it's a high dose and is really long after the peak when I start to come down, I feel it is best to keep listening to music or get up and move around or something.

I would like to see different views from different trippers with experience and get your personal take and conclusion on it. My personal conclusion is it can be good or bad just depends. If you are responsible, it can be good or neutral. My favorite thing to experience while tripping is meditating and closing eyes and listening to music, like meditation music and flute music and things like that. I usually also get insights about my life during and feel love and compassion while watching these intricate patterns as i feel somewhat like i am floating, but not out of body. So it is pretty much neutral, it becoming good or bad depends on you and your mindset I suppose. Be responsible about it and don't abuse it. Taking it once a month hasn't caused any problems for me and my day to day life doesn't seem affected by it and I feel I am on the right path in life. I might keep using it, but If I feel it is pointless or just gets old the. i could quit soon. DXM does not compare to LSD or mushrooms in my eyes and is a different experience. I would prefer LSD or mushrooms any day. Oh yeah, I also got the idea that life had a lot to do with karma and all that.

Let me know what you think and you are welcome to post experiences, good, bad, or neutral. Thanks

Last edited:
I wouldn't say its a pro or con to personal spiritual growth. I used it for many years and learned that psychedelics and dissociatives are what you make of them. I started with dissos and they opened me up to other ways of existing. When I moved on to psychedelics, I learned more. Was it because of my disso experiences that made me see them as good educators, or were they educational on their own? I don't know. Currently, I try to avoid dissos. They have taught me a lot and I have used them much more than psychedelics. But psychedelics have also taught me a lot.

My point is, it doesn't matter what drug you take. If you are receptive enough, you will learn something. Relying on them for growth is not helpful because you are the one that decides which way you can grow. If you think something is hurting you, cut it out and figure out why you need these things to grow. If not, use them in a way that helps you. Help yourself and you will be growing.

It isn't inherently good or bad for anything. It depends on the relationship you have with it.

"Relying on them for growth is not helpful because you are the one that decides which way you can grow. "

I agree with you on that one. I don't look at it as relying on them for growth, they are just tools. It is you who makes you grow, with or without the drugs. You shouldn't NEED them to grow spiritually or just as a person. But if you feel like taking them, and it works then do it. You can still take drugs like that and not grow at all. But they can give you some insights but that is up to you an the drugs wont do it for you, only you can. They can be tools and can give you insights and you can learn from them but it's up to you. I know what you mean.

I agree that it isn't good or bad, but you can make it good or bad I suppose.

Last edited:
Also, I don't feel like I need DXM to grow. I don't feel like I need it at all and I feel like it isn't hurting me or stopping me from growing. I just wanted to see what people thought on this and I agree with it not being inherently good or bad. I started this post not in regards to relying on the drug for growth, but if the experience and exploration of DXM is good or bad for your growth just in general. It's mainly about if it is possibly something to consider stopping and not doing it anymore if you want to be the best that you can be, or to continue using if it is effecting you positively but if it isn't good or bad then it won't hold you back then it won't hurt to take it.

If I feel intuitively that it is hurting me then I will stop but I don't feel it is.
I might keep taking it every month or two if i feel like it, if I feel like i don't want to take it anymore then I wont.

Psychedelics in my opinion are far better though.

Last edited:
I've tried DXM twice. This was toward the end of my initial weed smoking days, which consisted of just over a year of intense use following my first experience getting stoned; a binge which took a significant toll on my cognitive abilities, and caused an anxiety and general feeling of not being right, for quite some time.

The first time I did it, I drank half a bottle of cough syrup. The second time I did it, the following weekend, I drank the other half, with seriously diminished effects. The second time isn't really worth elaborating on, other than just mentioning that I did consume DXM, and it did have an effect.

I really enjoyed that first experience. I can remember my closed eye visuals being sort of like these retro 3D objects. Kind of like if tryptamine visuals were rendered by some software 1000 years in the future, these were rendered in the 80's/90's. But when I opened my eyes it really wasn't really any different from visuals I've experienced on other psychedelics. Beautiful kind of jungle-esque green fractals. The experience was half way between a psychedelic and a dissociative.

Whilst I found DXM to be a very beautiful experience, and didn't experience any nausea or other side effects, the next few weeks were pretty bizzare.

I entered an odd period of depersonalisation/derealisation, and generally felt kind of delusional. I can remember walking home drunk one night and feeling slightly dissociated, thinking I was Jesus, for no other reason than, you know, I just thought I was.

I also entered a period of significantly weird and percievable (and predictable) synchronistic events. I'd be walking through the local shopping centre and I'd suddenly realise that I was about to see somebody I knew, and then I'd turn around the corner and bump into my best friends mother. There was a very particular feeling that accompanied these thoughts/events, and the success rate was was 100%. I even developed a system of putting an object in my pocket, just to check/test that I wasn't somehow tricking myself. Just to clarify, I've never suffered from any kind of psychosis.

Anyway, like I say, this was towards the end of a year long, incredibly intense weed smoking binge, which had a significant effect on my mind, so I feel that this all kind of exemplified those effects. Either way, for about two weeks my life was pretty weird and bizzare, and it was definitely triggered by the DXM.

So the point I'm getting to is that, first of all, I can see why people call DXM dirty/toxic/heavy on the mind. No other drug has had such strange and long lasting residual effects on me. Life was just weird.

But, although I haven't seen it this way until now, my weed binge ended shortly after this (like, within a matter of weeks). I seriously abused weed and it caused me serious problems for months upon end after stopping.

So I guess that DXM played its role in causing a significant and abrupt end to all of this. I was already a mess, it just heightened all of that. Maybe I'd have continued smoking (causing more damage), if not for the harsh effect that DXM caused/enhanced on my psyche.

Perhaps that was DXM's own weird little way of making me sort my life out, which I did.

So yeah, I guess as with any psychedelic it depends on how you interact with it, and it with you, and how you interperate the message. The psychedelic/spiritual experience is kind of like a strange concurence of weird metaphors.

It's vitally important to be able to rationally interperate them as such, rather than just blindly accept the delusions they sometimes imply.

It isn't inherently good or bad for anything. It depends on the relationship you have with it.

^This. Nothing should be viewed in a black and white way. It never is.

Last edited:
Well I agree that for most users the drug does have some common benefits to all..You learn to be wiser in social situations..and you have more meta, or concentration or that things become clearer to you..and from its social unhibiting effects you can then learn more things about how to interact socially..by telling the truth is one thing..but you get more chutzpah..or more energy which can make social situations more enjoyable...

And then you can progress and learn that on the drug..you are respectful to people and yourself..and then you can honestly grow and explore the answers of existence and self..in a new way can you see yourself..and therein is the good thing needed for you to progress..and that is therein that the effects of a drug can have effects after you have sobered up and taken a new drug..or just have being from getting high and already came down back to base line..

So the question is: Can we still keep the gains weve made while on DXM...well of course we can..and therein we can then say that it is superior and gentle in the ways that it teaches us..but it is a good drug none the less..you can learn about psychic activity and synchronicity..and therein can form a sublime argument..on the wants and needs of culture..and human communication.. and from there we can almost say anything about the drug..that we are disposed to it and some other things that we want or need as well..but in general it is obvious that the questions that you answer on DXM Stay with you after the drug has worn off!

I think DXM is the most powerful spiritual tool possible. If used right, it helps erase your identities which form your perception which shape the narratives that guide your action. DXM lets you ghost out and become anyone.

DXM is a powerful spiritual tool. I say it works by washing out your predispositions allowing you to see information from different market values which tell you a different political story to allow you to more effectively target audiences thereby reaching people with utility they recognize as truth.