• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Police ignorance/state laws/my boys career ended due to a dime bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rambo!12

Bluelighter
Society and the laws set in place enforcing drug use are causing more problems than they are solving. These cops wonder why they aren’t respected. They are somehow dumbfounded at the fact that nobody wants to even look their direction. I will tell you why, since you obviously have forgotten how to do your job. You put that badge on and you feel powerful, the knight in shining armour, the defender of the innocent. You turn those sirens on flying down main street, with a shotgun to your right, your partner next to you, got a hand gun in your holster, a tasser in another, maglight, baton, freshly washed uniform, radio, and handcuffs who can’t wait to get another “BAD” guy. Don’t get me wrong, I respect the work you do,(rarely) but your quickly losing it with the rest of the population.

I get it, I would feel the same, an overwhelming feeling, and addrenaline rush that can’t be matched by any drug. Thats all fine and dandy, you can’t change that, it is human nature, you feel good, you feel in control. What you are capable of changing is your involvement in your community and more specifically communication with the population. You walk around like you should be fed respect on a silver spoon because you got a badge. Let me give you a little advice, it doesn’t work like that. I guess nobody taught you or you simply ignore the first life lesson I ever learned. Respect is one thing everyone has to EARN, no matter their job title, money status, age, race, sexual preferance, or religious orientation. Respect, is the highest of honors one can receive from a population of individuals. One of the few things left on earth that can’t be truely bought. It is worth more than money, more than fame, and more than a job title.

If you are the King of a powerful Kingdom, yet your people have no respect for you, you are nothing more than a peasant. You may eat like a King, have the luxuries of a ruler, get any woman you desire, and send thousands to their deaths just because you can. Yet, you feel depressed, you are not satisfied, angry, and drunk with power. This is because your people have no true respect for you. They despise you an you know this so you force them to obey you. If history has taught us something it is that if you force respect, the people will revolt and it is happening. Unfortunately is with the black lives matter bullshit. I want to start one against sending young and even old men to prison for years of imprisonment just for simple posession.........its fucking bullshit. If we are a true democracy we should able to vote who we send to jail as a population, not a random selected jury, who probly doesn't know their dick from their forehead. After all its our fuckin money they are spending to feed and give them room and board/all the higher ups skim off the top. How bout we arrest those faggots.

On the other hand, you have a poor man, who gives all of himself to raise his family, his blood, sweat, unconditional love, patience, forgiveness that knows no bounds, yet still wears a smile on his face each and every day despite working 18 hour days. He wears this smile when things are going well, but still wears the same one when money is running low or things are going bad because he takes away their pain, while giving his family what little happiness he has left. Despite taking care of his family he is there for his neighbors and community. He fixes their leaking sink, pays their months rent if they are behind, is patient with all, and whenever he can offer a hand, he would give them both.

As a peace officer, you should strive to be the poor man, too many are acting like a king. If you have earned respect, you have done your job and you are making the world a better place. Gaining respect is not easy. You pledged to make your county or city, even your country safer, and millions trust you to do that. I understand you are constantly put under scrutiny and I know it must be tough, especially with the Black Lives Matter campaign. Which, is total *cough* horseshit *cought*, but it has brought up other issues. You know that saying, “with great power, comes great responsibility?” Well due to this movement, it seems you are losing your power, yet you still have a great responsibility. The badge you wear used to mean something and now it is meaning less and less. We need you, but in the right ways. Be our protectors against evil, yet your greed takes over. Your lust for power needs to end. Kids in jail for a gram of coke for 5 years is just gonna make them angrier. Putting people in jail for posession is ridiculous. Do not get my wrong, I am not against the police, but I am damn sure you have been going about it the wrong way for a long time. They need help, not 5 years in prison, for having a drug….it makes no sense. I am absolutely positive that someone in every officers immediate family or friends do some sort of drug. I am completely positive more than half of uniformed officers have smoked bud in my state, California, yet they arrest kids for doing the same. Im sure they do all the fuckin blow they seize too. Obama admitted to smoking weed in college on live television….didn’t see him in jail, did you? And no at the time he did not have a med card.

Your officers have been operating out of fear. People see lights in their rearview mirror and they automatically get scared. No matter who they are, from kingpins to the straight A bookworm. Let me say this again, they fear you. Some even feel their community gang protects them from YOU. You should not be feared, the shepherd should be appreciated by the flock you are protecting them from the wolves. Instead, people are afraid you are the wolf disguised as the shepherd.

Gain their trust, just be friendly with the people. Not that fake shit you always do, just be yourself. Changing how you talk, depending what race you pull over is gonna just piss them off and you know that. I have seen multiple videos of police officers speaking to a man regularly at first and then he starts talking in slang and copying the defendants tone. I understand you are trying to act like them to get them comfortable, but you are not even close...just stop. Be yourself, don’t raise your voice, approach them in a friendly manner. Its that simple. Yet, time an time again, you are pricks from the start. Almost like you are instigating the fight, wanting him to run. Its pathetic and a reason I dropped out of criminal justice. I have found that drug dealers for the most part are more honest and respectable than most cops.

If someone waves to as a police officer, just wave back. Simple things like that go a long way. You have no idea what little memories trigger peoples latter behavior. Especially little kids. You wave to a child in the car, guess what side hes gonna pick next time he plays cops and robbers?

If you see a man that is high, don’t approach him with a stern voice dumping questions on him. Something like, “Hey, my man, my name is so and so, how you doing today?” Don't approach im like an authority figure...I see too many videos and from experiences of officers walking up and without saying much more than a, “Hey, come here,” in a stern voice. Is that approachable wording? Does that make me like this guy or want to talk to him at all? Immediately cuffing someone, asking to search their car even though you have no probable cause to scare them into saying okay, high fiving your fellow officer because you found a little bit of blow, do you think that guy is going to like the police after his experience. NO.

While you are on duty, just walk into a highschool, high five kids on the street, and let them talk to you about anything. Literally anything. If they want to talk about your past life, answer them truthfully. For example, “have you ever gotten arrested officer?” If you have, be honest. Thats what you want all the civilians to be right, honest? It helps them relate to you and gives them that motivation that even though they got in trouble, they can still pull it together and do something great. Drive around the projects, shake their hands, introduce yourself, and just be friendly. You might think this sounds crazy, but if everytime you go into bad areas with your lights on, sirens blazing, guns drawn, and one more of their friends off to jail every time you come, what do you think their conception of you is going to be? Make it known you are their to help them, shoot a ball around with them, have your department pitch in and buy a hoop for the neighborhood, offer to help fix things on your time off in rough neighborhoods. You are there to help so help. It goes more than just roaming streets. Get to know the population you are serving. I know the pressure police go through and things they need to deal with. These situations will lessen if you reach them before bad things happen, like you will see in the following paragraph.

The law and state informs us that drugs are bad and ruin lives. I am not going to disagree, its done quite a bit of damage to mine. However, you arrest an 18 year old kid for a couple grams of pot and he is sentenced for 5 years. Catch another jay walking, with a dime bag of coke does the same time. Don’t you think thats gonna ruin his life a little more than a 2 grams of herb or a couple lines of coke? You honestly think this is going to stop them from doing drugs….ITS GONNA MAKE THEM SAY, “FUCK IT” AND DO MORE. More importantly the dealers users are expendable. Theres always gonna be someone who want coke. Just like there is always gonna be someone who sells it.

I honestly don’t think this system can get worse. Oh yeah it can as I see you high five your partner and go home thinking you made the world a better place cause you found a kid with some pot. Congrats, god damn, I am so glad I pay taxes for 5 years of bed and breakfast for a kid who had a little pot. Oh and that innocent 18 year old kid, whose biggest crime was jay walking with a dime bag, well he’s now 23 6ft under. Why? Well, did you ever check up on him officer? Or do you just lock people up and forget they existed? Well, Il tell ya, he spent all 5 years in prison and just got released last year. He was an honor student, top rated player in a highschool in Ohio, with a full scholarship to play at a variety of division 1 Universities of his choice. But, a dime bag of yay took that from him. If you feel bad now Officer fuckface, thats far from the saddest part. He met people who he would have never associated, hes joined a click to survive prison, done terrible things he would never have done, his conscioness is gone, he is angry at the world, lost all sence of belonging, and lost the best years of his life for a couple grams of pot. Not only did he lose the best years, He was shot and killed losing many more years of life in a gang related shooting after he was released. You turned the all american kid into another statistic. Isn’t it funny how you think you are keeping us safe?

I am with you, but I do believe the black lives matter movement is necessary. It is important that when any group feels targeted they stand up and demand to be heard.

This is better suited for a blog.

I can add one thing: One of the problems with police officers is the idea that they are looking for bad guys. If all you have in your toolbox is a hammer eventually everything looks like a nail. The idea should be I am looking for people to help.

I just skimmed this, since it's a long read and I have little time rn, but this seems more suited to a blog post, or to be put into another section of the forum. This is something that I do like discussing tho. First, respect means 2 things: treating someone like authority and treating someone like a person. Sometimes authority says "respect me or I won't respect you", which sounds good but its "treat me like authority or I won't treat you like a person", which isn't ok. On the other side, being a cop is fucking scary. I did some scenarios run by a cop using airsoft, and its stressful and scary, I was a little lax and got shot multiple times. If it was for real, I would have died. And for cops it's always real. That's why they need to be Stern when approaching someone intoxicated, they need to remain in control because they're lives are on the line every single day. Also, in alot of places in the US getting caught with pot won't get you sent to jail, where I am it's a little fine, if the cop even cares. Around me, if you comply cops are willing to overlook some minor offenses.

I'm sorry, but I need to say BLM is crap, black people aren't targeted by cops. Multiple studies have found that white people are more likely to be shot than black people by amount of arrests. Blacks are more likely to have force used against them, but less likely to have it be lethal. There is a problem with blacks committing crime, which is what needs to be fixed, we need something in our system to help people get out of the loop of poverty, which we don't have right now.

I'm sorry, but I need to say BLM is crap, black people aren't targeted by cops. Multiple studies have found that white people are more likely to be shot than black people by amount of arrests. Blacks are more likely to have force used against them, but less likely to have it be lethal. There is a problem with blacks committing crime, which is what needs to be fixed, we need something in our system to help people get out of the loop of poverty, which we don't have right now.

This is truthful. The problem isn't just being shot. When a black person is confronted with police they are more likely to be arrested, and way more likely to have longer prison sentences.

When it comes to police shootings look at the percentage of the population that each race is, and look at what percentage violent aggression from cops makes up.

This is truthful. The problem isn't just being shot. When a black person is confronted with police they are more likely to be arrested, and way more likely to have longer prison sentences.

When it comes to police shootings look at the percentage of the population that each race is, and look at what percentage violent aggression from cops makes up.

Blacks are more likely to be arrested, but I think that that probably stems from the fact that blacks commit significantly more violent crime, so cops are scared. As for the longer sentences, I think there is some discrimination, which needs to be gotten rid of. As for the second part, I don't understand what you mean, are you saying we should look at population instead of crime committed for my statistics? If you are, I don't think that's a good guide for that.

I believe there is discussion of Black Lives Matter in CE&P and this is really a blog. Im going to close for now but may move as its not suited for BDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.