• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

PMA/PMMA? mCPP? Piperazines? Mandelin & mCPP results.

sadaddaspie

Greenlighter
Tested some white powdery "molly" with marquis reagent and got no reaction at all - uh oh!

Next I did the EZTest's mCPP test because I suspected piperazines long before I was able to test it at all. It turned yellow, suggesting mCPP or TfMPP or something.

At first, I didn't want to waste any more reagents on this stuff. It didn't react to Marquis so it doesn't have any MDMA or anything else I want in it and it turned yellow with the mCPP test which I suspected was likely to begin with so I figured why bother, this stuff isn't good... but then I remembered why I ordered these in the first place. Yeah, all the people dying in the news. Even though I was already decidedly against using any more of this stuff or giving it to anyone, I was curious. I wanted to see how it would react to the Mandelin reagent in case it happened to have PMA/PMMA. I tested it and it turned reddish brown. Wow. PMA? PMMA?

Please let me stress I am NOT asking whether or not this stuff is safe to consume. I'm not going to. It's not what I want, regardless of what it is, and it could very well be something quite nasty. I repeat, I'm not going to take any of it and I'm not asking if you think it would be safe to. What I am wondering is this: Do PMA or PMMA react to the mCPP test? If so, how? Do they not react to Marquis at all? What can I do to further test this stuff to determine whether or not it's likely to be PMA/PMMA? If it is, I really want to know.

Wasn't someone from dancesafe or MAPS asking for a sample of suspected PMMA recently? Would they be interested in this? It's a white powder, not a pressed pill, and like I said, it turns yellow with the mCPP test.

Yeah the Mandelin makes it look like PMA/PMMA but I was just wondering if anyone knows how PMA/PMMA react to the mCPP test since with that it turns yellow. Some harm reduction org was asking for a sample of suspected PMMA, I can't remember which organization, and I don't know if this reaction alone is enough reason for it to be adequately suspect for them to want it. I imagine a lot of people get a reaction like this and if they wanted it they would have it by now. Plus they wanted PMMA specifically, not PMA, and I don't know if there's any way to tell the difference or determine that it's more likely to be one than the other.

I know it could be PMMA but for both to satisfy my own curiosity and to help with harm reduction, I'd like to find out what I've got here if possible so if anyone knows how I could further narrow it down or get a better more accurate idea, please let me know.

Orange brown to mandelin is ketamine. Mandelin does not test for PMA. This is false info.

EZ test mCPP tests for ANY alkaloid substance. It should only be used to confirm that the pill has an active alkaloid chemical in it after getting a negative reaction to the other reagents, you can confirm that the pill does have chemicals in it and is not non-active.

I have heard from many credible people on this forum that EZ test mCPP will react to MDMA and ketamine the same as it does piperazine.

Orange brown to mandelin is ketamine. Mandelin does not test for PMA. This is false info.

EZ test mCPP tests for ANY alkaloid substance. It should only be used to confirm that the pill has an active alkaloid chemical in it after getting a negative reaction to the other reagents, you can confirm that the pill does have chemicals in it and is not non-active.

I have heard from many credible people on this forum that EZ test mCPP will react to MDMA and ketamine the same as it does piperazine.

I was just going by info directly off extest website showing it does test pma/pmma, and results similar to ketamine, just darker, as in the link I posted. I would use another regent that tests for ketamine just to confirm. But I dont do ketamine anyway so either result would be a bunk pill for me

thanks for the info... if mandelin doesn't test for PMA, I feel so mislead... if EZTest didn't advertise that it tests for PMA, I wouldn't have bought it.

^ if you search this forum you can find a few instances where others have been mislead. AFAIK mandelin gives no reaction at all to straight PMA/PMMA. I believe the mCPP will react to just about any drug. So if you get a negative marquis mandelin mecke you can use it to see if the pill has SOME kind of drug at all or just a complete dud.

I know EZ test advertises it tests for mCPP but they don't say that the positive could also be MDMA or ketamine (makes it essentially worthless)

I have heard from those who tried the reagent when it came out that it tested everything as mCPP so I decided not to get one.

Mandelin/mecke/marquis/simons/robadope - amazing. just be careful as they tend to occasionally ship out kits with two simon's, one labeled as a robadope and no actual robadope :?

oh yeah I suppose I should have mentioned I know it's psychoactive and not a complete dud because myself and others have taken it, sometimes in quite generous amounts. I really wasn't surprised that it tested positive with mCPP after not reacting to Marquis because the effects were all those desired of MDMA but far less pronounced and just not as good, which is what I've heard the combination of BZP+TfMPP can be like. All that really surprised me was the PMA looking reaction of Mandelin (under the assumption that the color shown by PMA in the instructions was really indicative of PMA)

Mandelin/mecke/marquis/simons/robadope - amazing. just be careful as they tend to occasionally ship out kits with two simon's, one labeled as a robadope and no actual robadope :?

interesting... I ordered from eztest.com and hand picked each reagent. Neither simons or robadope was even an option so I got neither, and nothing that came to me was labeled simons or robadope. Neither one is even being sold on that website but I see now there are many sites selling EZTest brand reagents, I just assumed that one wasn't a reseller though.

interesting... I ordered from eztest.com and hand picked each reagent. Neither simons or robadope was even an option so I got neither, and nothing that came to me was labeled simons or robadope. Neither one is even being sold on that website but I see now there are many sites selling EZTest brand reagents, I just assumed that one wasn't a reseller though.
I have seen one personally and a few I suspected back when they did carry them in the dropper bottles. haven't ordered a kit recently though

Tested some white powdery "molly" with marquis reagent and got no reaction at all - uh oh!

Next I did the EZTest's mCPP test because I suspected piperazines long before I was able to test it at all. It turned yellow, suggesting mCPP or TfMPP or something.

At first, I didn't want to waste any more reagents on this stuff. It didn't react to Marquis so it doesn't have any MDMA or anything else I want in it and it turned yellow with the mCPP test which I suspected was likely to begin with so I figured why bother, this stuff isn't good... but then I remembered why I ordered these in the first place. Yeah, all the people dying in the news. Even though I was already decidedly against using any more of this stuff or giving it to anyone, I was curious. I wanted to see how it would react to the Mandelin reagent in case it happened to have PMA/PMMA. I tested it and it turned reddish brown. Wow. PMA? PMMA?

Please let me stress I am NOT asking whether or not this stuff is safe to consume. I'm not going to. It's not what I want, regardless of what it is, and it could very well be something quite nasty. I repeat, I'm not going to take any of it and I'm not asking if you think it would be safe to. What I am wondering is this: Do PMA or PMMA react to the mCPP test? If so, how? Do they not react to Marquis at all? What can I do to further test this stuff to determine whether or not it's likely to be PMA/PMMA? If it is, I really want to know.

Wasn't someone from dancesafe or MAPS asking for a sample of suspected PMMA recently? Would they be interested in this? It's a white powder, not a pressed pill, and like I said, it turns yellow with the mCPP test.

YES YES YES. We'd like several things with this substance:

1 - Clear pictures of reagent test kit results, with labels
2 - Close-up pictures of the crystals, if possible
3 - Description of smell, taste and appearance of the powder
4 - a sample sent into ecstasydata.org, along with a note indicating all the above so we can publish the information there.

Please PM me with contact information and we can email or talk on the phone. If it would be too difficult to do any of the above steps or you simply don't want to deal, you can send me a sample privately and have me send it into the lab with the required info and analysis.

Nathan
DanceSafe

Please PM me with contact information and we can email or talk on the phone. If it would be too difficult to do any of the above steps or you simply don't want to deal, you can send me a sample privately and have me send it into the lab with the required info and analysis.

Nathan
DanceSafe

Tried to send you a PM but your inbox is full, and mine is now too. Rather than attempt to wrangle the PM/inbox limits just email me at nathan -at- dancesafe -dot- org or use the 'contact the board' function from our website and we'll work something out.

SWIM have also tested a friends pill one not to long ago and on mecke - no reaction. marquis - no reaction mandelin - rusty orange/brown.

I immediately thought pmma but after reading some pots above what could this be?

^ sounds like ketamine or MXE perhaps (can someone confirm I heard once MXE tests to mandelin like ketamine but I may be misinformed?

Also noted: It would be strange to find a pure ketamine pill. Most of the ones with ketamine seem to have other drugs in them also, so it could be piperazine or PMA+ketamine (you wouldn't see the PMA result as there is none, despite the possible presence)

If there is MDMA though, it's very unlikely to be mixed with any non-reactive chemicals aside from caffeine maybe.