Please help and console me!

lessthanjimmy

Greenlighter
Hi, back in July I tried SPICE and ever since then I've had bad anxiety. I have no previous drug use and have been to 2 different doctors who've told me a one time use isn't going to permanetly damage my brain or organs, which was what I was originally fearing. I've always been healthy so it was/is a big fear. It's gotten better but I'm still not back to my old carefree self.

Do you think the method of which we smoked it had anything to do with it? We smoked it via a gravity bong(mind you I had NO previous drug knowlegde). Although I only took one hit.

I've read stories online of other peoples bad experiences and mine wasn't nearly as bad. I mostly felt guilty, didn't like the high feeling, my tongue was going numb, and I vomited quite a bit.

The 2 good things that did come out of this experience is I now have a drug phobia and am closer to God(I hope)

I know I must sound/be pretty wimpy but if ya'll could just reassure me that a one time use isn't going to harm me, it would be much appreciated. I'm a 21 year old male.

It sounds like you just had a bad experience and feel guilty about the fact that you used a drug. It is just about impossible that you have done any sort of damage to yourself from using something one time.

Maybe you can examine the reasons you feel guilty about your use. I'm also curious how you feel this experience brought you close to god, as you put it.

If you want to work through the underlying issues that are causing the anxiety, I would recommend a therapist or psychologist rather than a doctor. Whether or not the drug is what triggered it doesn't really matter now. Just take care of yourself and get whatever help you need to help deal with the anxiety.

Hi, back in July I tried SPICE and ever since then I've had bad anxiety. I have no previous drug use and have been to 2 different doctors who've told me a one time use isn't going to permanetly damage my brain or organs, which was what I was originally fearing. I've always been healthy so it was/is a big fear. It's gotten better but I'm still not back to my old carefree self.

Do you think the method of which we smoked it had anything to do with it? We smoked it via a gravity bong(mind you I had NO previous drug knowlegde). Although I only took one hit.

I've read stories online of other peoples bad experiences and mine wasn't nearly as bad. I mostly felt guilty, didn't like the high feeling, my tongue was going numb, and I vomited quite a bit.

The 2 good things that did come out of this experience is I now have a drug phobia and am closer to God(I hope)

I know I must sound/be pretty wimpy but if ya'll could just reassure me that a one time use isn't going to harm me, it would be much appreciated. I'm a 21 year old male.

I think it is probably psychosomatic, or your anxiety is caused by something else.

lessthanjimmy, you are going to be perfectly fine. You have not done yourself any permanent brain or body damage. What might've happened is that the spice might've uncovered some pre-existing anxiety issues in you, but with time these will pass. If you think you need to talk through the thoughts and feelings of guilt you're having post-spice, you should consider seeking out some counselling.
Take care <3

I've used Spice about 10 times in the past 2 months using a gravity bong and pipe, and have experienced no lasting side effects or health problems. If you avoid future use, there is no reason to fear permanent harm. You simply got too high on a substance that is relatively new and carries unknown risks, but you survived which is the bottom line. You are young and resilient and will bounce back just fine. Many people have experienced similar "bad trips" that set off anxiety and other mental problems, but they're just that--mental.

Just remind yourself that the only problem is the anxiety, which is irrational and non-constructive. Maybe reading about anxiety disorders would help legitimize the anxiety you're feeling as its own legitimate condition not related to any actual physical condition. Practice deep breathing, yoga and other relaxation techniques when you feel the anxiety building and avoid researching Spice-related side effects altogether. Stay away from weed and other psychedelic-type drugs until you're comfortable with your own psyche and consider talking to a professional if symptoms continue interfering with daily functioning.

PM me if you'd like to talk. I love getting PMs! :D

thanks for your responses everyone. it makes me feel a bit better. I've been seeing a counseler for 2 months but it really isn't helping. I was a college student when I smoked it so perhaps I was under stress although I didn't know it at the time.

A lot of people have anxiety issues that are drawn out by bad drug experiences. Sounds like you had a bad trip. The first time I tried Spice, I hallucinated like crazy and got very paranoid and anxious.. and that was definitely not my first drug experience. >_> Maybe the best thing for you to do would be to try it again, just a small amount in a comfortable place where you feel most comfortable. Sometimes facing our fears head-on like so are the only way to eliminate feeling stuck in an anxious headspace. I've had some really awful acid trips before, and going back and re-visiting the feeling in order to work through it and change it helped a lot, even when I swore up and down I would never drop dose again.

Keep your head up man!

How did the Spice make you feel after smoking it?

First off, I have no idea what a gravity bong is(maybe a bong that wont work in space?) but I've used some pretty effective bongs in the past, including several "Tokemasters"(later renamed "Tobaccomaster", then "Original TM"), and a 'sawhandle' "Apogee". I'd bet there is no bong made today that is more effective than those two...........;)But I digress

The point is, a good water pipe will give you a much greater high than a simple bowl or joint, so even though you only took one hit(you said), it could've gotten you pretty high.

***How did you feel after you smoked the hit, did you get really stoned? Did you enjoy the high from the Spice, or was it a bad, uncomfortable, anxious high?

Some people react differently to THC and so they would also react differently to synthetic cannabinoids as well, so maybe its not the drug for you, so I'd not try it again...........

lessthanjimmy, you are going to be perfectly fine. You have not done yourself any permanent brain or body damage. What might've happened is that the spice might've uncovered some pre-existing anxiety issues in you, but with time these will pass. If you think you need to talk through the thoughts and feelings of guilt you're having post-spice, you should consider seeking out some counselling.
Take care <3

This.