• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Planned heroin relapse. No lecturers please.

MikeySpikes

Greenlighter
I am stable on bupe, generic 16mg of suboxone sublingual once a day for quite some time. I know I will get high beacuse I have no done the bupe in what will be 24 hours minimum. My question is how can I get back on the suboxone w.o precipitated withdrawals and feel "normal" for work next day? I know of many people out there that use one day than hop right back on the program.
When can I take the 16mg? The sooner the better or wait till the buzz is away from the dope.?

Last edited:
If you've still got a buzz from H then you definitely should experience PWD once you dose 16mg of bupe.

I was extremely tolerant to 300+mg oxy doses but I was instructed by my sub Dr & pharmacist to simply wait 24hrs before dosing my first 2mgs then I waited 30mins they saw I was fine so I was dosed an additional 4mgs. I was worried about PWD cos even though I had waited 26hrs due to a heap of Lyrica I took the night before I felt much better than I should have (power of Lyrica over opi WD), but I was all good. I'm on 20mgs of bupe daily now, trying to manage pain.

As long as there is still bupe in your system you will not experience pwd

So if you skip a day of bupe, then do h or any other opiate, then go back to bupe you won't get pwd

The thing is you really need to be off the bupe for more than a day to really feel the opiate 100%, so it's a catch22. But bupe lasts about 3 days in your system so as long as you switch back before its out of your system you'll be fine. And, taking such a large daily amount of bupe you probably have it built up so much it would last longer than someone who takes a smaller amount over a shorter time span

When you do go back to bupe, to be on the safe side don't just take all 16 mg at once. Take a mg or two and make sure you don't go into pwd. It's better to find out on 1 mg than 16mg

And, if you plan on playing around as such, you might want to start lowering your dose. 16 mg is a big amount to try to break through! Not saying you can't, but your receptors are over saturated at that point, and tolerance will be an issue as well

OP, it's just like any other time that you induct on buprenorphine after using full agonists. The truth is that only you can judge the right time to take the bupe and all we can give you here on the forum is very rough, approximate information.

If you only are using heroin, or any other full opioid agonist, just one time, then precipitated withdrawals should not be too severe if they occur it all, but like you indicated in your post, a "better safe than sorry" mentality is always good. I would recommend using your heroin, wait until the effects have dissipated and then wait until you are experiencing some minor symptoms of withdrawal. At this point, I would suggest not dosing the entire 16mg at once. Based upon experience, I would suggest taking a small dose of bupe, waiting a minute for the onset and if you feel okay, proceed with escalating the dose until you feel okay or have reached your normal maintenance dose.

The only solid advice I can give you is to wait as long as you can bear before taking the bupe. Good luck and try not to turn the one time use into a binge!

^The problem with all of this is that in many clinics you must dose the amount you're given in front of the pharmacist at the clinic assuming you aren't on take homes full time with a once per month visit. All depends on the situation or maintenance arrangements you have agreed to.

I would do as described above assuming you have control of your bupe dosage amount & frequency, use the full agonist wait till it's dissipated completely and then dose 1mg bupe wait 30mins and then titrate up to where you are comfortable.

So my last dose/shot was at around 3. Still nodding suprisingly. I am going to try and take my sub at 12est it is 915 now . ill see how it goes w 1mg. If i am not in pwds ill dose the full amount. I just always understood that as long as there is bupe in your system, and it was there first, there should be no issues.

So my last dose/shot was at around 3. Still nodding suprisingly. I am going to try and take my sub at 12est it is 915 now . ill see how it goes w 1mg. If i am not in pwds ill dose the full amount. I just always understood that as long as there is bupe in your system, and it was there first, there should be no issues.

Exactly. That's what I was telling you in my above post. As long as you still have bupe in your system there will be no pwd.

I think some posters maybe are not understanding you're on maintenance. Or maybe they don't realize you don't need to re-induct.

Still, I would start off at 1 mg to be on safe side, if you can do that.

^this, and everything else this person contributed in the thread

honestly after 24 hrs i'm surprised you were even able to nod