• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

piracetam/noopept for anhedonia and anxiety

tundradesert523

Greenlighter
Im 60 days clean off of suboxone and all other substances. Ive gotten to a point where nothing interests me and i have little motivation to do anything. Im not really depressed im just kind of dragging myself to do things and im not stimulated by anything. I have problems staying focused on what's going on around me and some anxiety when i have to read or speak in front of other. I think the anxiety comes from all this brain fog.

My question is will piracetam or noopept help me with this? I take gabapentin 400mg 4xa day. I dont want to get on any ssri's or anything like that. Are there any other suggestions as to what may help get me lifted out of this dull state of existence?

Congrats for being clean!! That's such an accomplishment and you should be really proud of yourself.
I don't know the meds you're talking about so I hope someone will answer those questions for you.
What I'd suggest, since you're newly clean, is get into the dr for a checkup. We never care for ourselves while using and I always go to the Dr when I get sober for some blood tests. Oftentimes you will find out you're deficient in some vitamins and minerals. (I just found out I'm deficient in Vit D, and that can contribute to my depression, go figure, I never considered that.)
So I'd start first by looking at your diet and see how that can help boosting your mood.
And lastly, I'd suggest some sort of exercise. Yoga, anything. Walking around the block.
I wish you the best of luck and nothing but good vibes. The Blahs of quitting and mind-altering substances is one of the worst parts and a big reason why people go "back out" (to quote 12-step groups). I hope you have a great support system (even here in BL) to help you and I hope you start feeling better soon.

Gabapentin

Im 60 days clean off of suboxone and all other substances. Ive gotten to a point where nothing interests me and i have little motivation to do anything. Im not really depressed im just kind of dragging myself to do things and im not stimulated by anything. I have problems staying focused on what's going on around me and some anxiety when i have to read or speak in front of other. I think the anxiety comes from all this brain fog.

My question is will piracetam or noopept help me with this? I take gabapentin 400mg 4xa day. I dont want to get on any ssri's or anything like that. Are there any other suggestions as to what may help get me lifted out of this dull state of existence?

TundraDesert523 - Last year I was on 900 mgs of gabapentin for 8 months. It can, and in many cases, will cause extreme lethargy, memory issues, focusing issues. I was almost fired from my consulting position because it left me essentially brain dead. I couldn't hold onto thoughts for more than a few seconds. I have very few memories that I can recall during those 8 months. Motivation to accomplish the most simple tasks was non-existent. While going off the medication it left me feeling deeply depressed. Dark depression... I wanted so badly to end my life because of how dark and helpless I was feeling. My emotions ran high and there was non-stop crying.

Magnesium with Calcium reversed the immediate effects, but only enough to keep me stable. I've known others who have committed suicide while on Gabapentin. My recommendation is for you to switch to an alternative medication. Any meds designed to cross signals sent to the brain receptors can have some unintended negative affects. Noopept will most likely help you, but I'm hesitant in recommending that route until the gabapentin has cleared your system.