Pink Line

tocooperate

Bluelighter
there's a pink line between
love . and . lust
it was a science to see /
but now its all just dust

a little pink line / can't hurt anyone
are we all too hurt / to have some petty fun?

at 72 some things get weird
come on, keep on shining
not a blink not a dare
rodents, rabbits and a box full of hair
its a panic attack / and I'm all out of air

at the seams / i lost myself to God
mortal cage . will i live to hear his song?
dwindling / a silent plea of shame
there were five . ripped and shaken from their graves

she's alarmed / but a flimsy case for sense
who can now . stop the climbing shaking bends?
love aside / there's a place for you and me
but pretty pink . was the line we'd never see

Sometimes I think there is really no line between love and lust--mostly I think this through the lens hindsight looking back at that glorious mess in my own life. Lust I see as the beautiful animal self in me--truth teller, perhaps more than love ever could be.

"love aside/ there's a place for you and me" is a line that embraces my own experiences quite well.

Thanks for this.<3

thanks for reading ❤

I believe that lust is a blinding seduction, for better or worse. It is a double edged sword... but true love cuts one way, we rarely regret our actions good or bad if they're done for a loved one?

Hmm. You mean if the actions are done out of a place of love? Because I do indeed regret some actions done out of the need for love, even though I was in love with the person and those actions could have been perceived as being a part of love (I'm thinking of jealousy). Lust on the other hand seems completely truthful: my body loves the touch of your body, etc. without some of the ego's muddying of the waters.

Could you talk about this poem? There is some specific imagery that I am curious about....the five ripped and shaken from their graves and the pink line itself?

Hmm. You mean if the actions are done out of a place of love? Because I do indeed regret some actions done out of the need for love, even though I was in love with the person and those actions could have been perceived as being a part of love (I'm thinking of jealousy). Lust on the other hand seems completely truthful: my body loves the touch of your body, etc. without some of the ego's muddying of the waters.

Could you talk about this poem? There is some specific imagery that I am curious about....the five ripped and shaken from their graves and the pink line itself?

oop sorry. i fell off the face of the planet for a little while there :)

i would say its more of: any action of performed *for* one's partner, *out of* true love, can either be seen through a lense of social or personal morality. murdering for a lover is wrong from a social perspective, but one's personal morality will always supercede social whether they align or not.

"there were five . ripped and shaken from their graves" : there were five pills that i had "thrown" away but shamefully brought back to life. without the context though, its just puzzling at the best..though many of my songs in the past were very transparent with a clear message, this song was written at a time when i had much more to hide.

im glad you asked. it forced me to place this piece back into context :)