• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Phenibut experience - Tapering and withdrawal help?

angelstaar

Greenlighter
Hi guys so I'm pretty new here and this will be a long post, please if you have time and have had experience with Phenibut your help would be appreciated.
So to start off, I first started taking phenibut a month ago and went on about 500 g and eventualy upping to 3g a day within the first week. The effects was it was good and all but
I did have periods of it where I was so irritable. I learnt that what your mood is beforehand taking the drug, is the mood and state of mind on the drug (that was how
it was for me) I experienced times of euphoria when I was in a happy mood. I learnt that it is not like alcohol - how you feel it control you and what I was expecting, but
you control phenibut. Being fooled by thinking it had control over me, I eventually started learning to control it somehow during the experience on the phenibut.
Anyways, all I can say to this day, it has made me a completely different person. After the first 2 weeks of using it, and eventually to this day which is about a month in,
I don't even recall or remember anymore, I started upping the dose towards somewhere between 10-13 g a day, I have no idea EXACTLY how much, but I went so high on it, measuring
the doses with teaspoons.

Awhile ago, about a week I tried to taper off it (boy did that fail) it's safe to say, that I am officially addicted to it. I feel like I can't function without it and
I get the worse depression ever, and did I mention the horrible anxiety and depersonalization? I feel like I have NO control over myself and even writing this post, and
writing how I want is alot of work. When I interact, I completely forget how to, and often question my every move or emotions, and I feel like I don't even know who I am.
I was having trouble with alcohol abuse beforehand, and got semi- addicted. Everytime I saw some I grabbed for it, and eventually my parents locking it away stopped me, as
I was not young enough to purchase it either (I'm 18 now).

I took around 5-6g or so (I don't know the exact but definatley smaller doses) and I felt the anxiety go away at first but now it's back. The tolerance on this stuff
is completely HORRIBLE. I had to up my doses SO much to feel the effects. Right now I am to scared to even leave my room, I'm afraid to talk to my parents (My mum is
a complete bitch and I blame her for me experimenting with this stuff in the first place because she has made my life a living hell) and I don't want to go to school,
I don't want to go out, I DON'T want to go to work. I just want to lie down in my bed, rest and fall asleep forever, or go somewhere else into a place where no one exists.
I'm too afraid to even watch a show or movie right now, because my anxiety is getting bad. When I watch something and can't relate to characters because of the
depersonalization and feeling emotionless, I get more anxious and fustrated.
Right now, I want to know how long will this last? I'm too afraid to even take more phenibut (I'm sick of tapering off, it won't work because I'll just end up having
more in the end) and I am sick of life. I have no desire to do anything. And I feel like I have no control of my emotions and state of mind, like I'm bipolar, I experience
periods of wanting to kill someone or stab someone with a knife, cutting myself again and the next second not wanting to do it anymore, and being happy again - which
is triggered and only lasts for a couple of minutes, and eventually falling back in despair.
I feel messed up, and I don't know what to do. Please guys share your experience on phenibut? And if someone had similar symptoms as me or felt something like this?
It would be appreciated of advice also to help me get through this. Thanks

Edit: And I almost forgot, yesterday I went to the doctors and had a prescription of Effexor recommended from my doctor when I told her about the phenibut (I told
her phenibut had similar withdrawals to a benzo) and also I have tried Effexor to before for only a period of 2 weeks though. Do you reckon this will help me? I know it takes up to 4 weeks
to help, but I just want something (or drug) as and aid or more as a placebo to know I'll be ok. I'm too afraid to go without a med. Thanks guys

Last edited:
sorry for your situation :/ you will get through it. What would be best for you in the short term would probably be some valium, if I was you I would be going to a doctor/s until I got some because that will ease the withdrawal. Also a glass of wine to take the edge off?

I wouldnt start the effexor until this episode is over either. Sounds like the doc didnt take the phenibut seriously or the doses.

I kind of suspected the doc didn't know much about phenibut, either. She told me to stay away from benzos especially for my age which is why I think she put me on effexor instead?

doc is right in the long term ofcourse staying off benzos and that effexor may help depression/anxiety, but none of that will help you in the next few weeks.

did you say you still have some phenibut or are you out? all you can do is taper it if you have some still and get some valium if you can cause valium will make it much easier. It's understandable the doc doesn't want to hand out benzo scripts to young people but it depends if you can get across the phenibut message I guess. Lesson learn't on your behalf though I hope aye :) Do consider the docs advise on affexor and antidepressants though they are much more likely to help you in the medium to longer term, I just meant while you are upside down right now I wouldn't start effexor.

wiki says [henibut has half life of 5 hours so have small doses 2/3 times a day? just dont dose big and be smart tapering the amount as best you can

Oh okay I thought so, have you tried valium before? And how should I taper using it? Like how much is recommended for use to start off with?

the thing is you/doc/me dont know the dose of phenibut or the equivalent in valium (diazepam) so it is impossible to say. Even the smallest doses and only a few tablets would likely help atleast a bit because it lasts a lot longer than phenibut, for like 24hrs. For withdrawal from any benzo usually they use valium, correct me if I am wrong guys. Just one box of the smallest dose (2.5mg?) would be fine I would imagine I doubt you would be scripted more anyway, it is all theoretical if no script anyway and if you do get a script doc will tell you how to take it.

Valium isn't a magic bullet to get into like phenibut though understand lol it will lead down the same path just a short term tool to ease withdrawal. If you can't get a script don't freak out just taper the phenibut, you will have an uncomfortable little time I guess and then start the Effexor. I ain't a doc thats my opinion but perhaps read up on the net on how other people withdrew from phenibut because I have seen peoples posts on it before saying yeh they had a hard time but you will survive

Yeah I have read several posts regarding phenibut withdrawals and they are very much similar to mine which are horrible, the depression, denationalization and all that. I guess I will try Valium when I have the time. Thanks for the suggestion.

Effexor will probably by useless at fighting the withdrawals.. try and get Baclofen.

I highly suggest tapering.. not stopping cold turkey as this could be potentially HIGHLY dangerous.

I too am currently addicted to phenibut.. I've been taking it daily for about 8 - 10 months.. I was dosing around 6gs for a few but am now down to 3 - 4.

You need to measure your doses, seriously. Then SLOWLY taper down. Try taking ~1g when you get up then wait as long as you can before taking another.. Remembering it takes 3 hours to take full affect.

Much love <3

Hi so sorry to hear about your horrifying withdrawals and the negative side effects from the use associated with Phenibut.

In the past, i've been hospitalized mixing a few chemicals one being Phenibut, i developed an instantaneous addiction towards
Phenibut in particular, just dissipated all my worries and suspended all my anxieties.

I experienced intense withdrawal symptoms, one being tremor almost seizure like. I managed to taper it off with Valium due to
the longer half life from the benzo range. It's easy to taper of the Valium but try low doses, it has for me an average 50 hours
half life, unlike other benzos with a fast half life making you take more thus withdrawal length increases and intensifies.

So try 5mg Valium for one week then gradually decrease the dose to 2.5 mg and again half the dose in another week.
I did that and voila worked for me. You'll need a prescription for the Valium

And buy L-theanine which can cross the blood brain barrier, it basically increases GABA and replenishes it, which is what benzos etc etc work on.
Take 300mg before you sleep it greatly enhances the sleeping quality and it's completely natural, found in green tea. You don't need a prescription for this.
It's a supplement.

Also for the depression i'd highly recommend 5htp and L-tyrosine, take 150mg to 300mg of L-tyrosine in the morning or afternoon, it's a supplement that readily
crosses the blood brain barrier increasing and replenishing your dopamine which regulates pleasure. Then take 5htp 100mg at night or before you sleep,
it's also a supplement that also crosses the blood brain barrier increasing and replenishing your serotonin which regulates mood and sleep.

Above is what i did to taper of from phenibut and benzos, within 2 weeks to a month you'll notice withdrawals slowly decreasing and after 2 months i stopped taking
all the supplements except the L-Theanine which i'm still ingesting nightly as a safer and healthier alternative to Benzos and sleeping pills.

Sorry forgot to add, since your on the effexor, it's not wise to take L-tyrosine or 5htp as it could lead to serotonin syndrome, I use to be put on effexor for depression,
to be honest from my experience, it worked at first slowly and quickly building a tolerance and losing it's effect, and the withdrawal symptoms was quite hectic, as it's
derived from opiate.

Difference between Anti depressants and 5htp/L-tyrosine, is that anti depressants such as effexor just decreases the time your neurotransmitter recycles thus leaving
more neurotransmitter in your brain, overtime more and more is needed to achieve the same effect with side effects and withdrawal symptoms increasing. While 5htp/L-tyrosine
increases and replenishes your neurotransmitters, no withdrawal symptoms and everlasting effect after time with the required dosage.

hope this helps.

Last edited:
Hi guys just to keep you updated, I stopped pretty much cold turkey on the phenibut throwing the remainder down the toilet. Yesterday morning I was experiencing extreme depression, one I have never felt in my life, depersonalization and extreme paranoia. I was having major suicidial thoughts and I actually thought I was gonna kill myself. I nearly quit my part time job and was thinking of dropping out of school, I also lashing out at my family and made them cry. This is serious stuff and I couldn't even see it ruining my life. I then had alcohol (Phenibut is similiar to it) to try and 'balance' out my brain chemicals and I saw what I was doing to everyone and quickly went to the doctors, told them what happened with the phenibut and got prescribed Zyprexa. Yesterday was my first dosage and I somewhat felt alot better (Maybe it was the alcohol but I could tell my mood was better) Today I had some, still feel the depression but not as delusional.
This stuff is really serious, and I has been a wake up call for me not ignore these things, drugs can actually ruin peoples live and I was too naive before. The only thing I'm scared of is going back delusional.

A

you silly little muffin, really should have slowly reduced the dose on phenibut, it can be dangerous to cold turkey benzo/alcohol/gabba drugs. I guess you lost control of it but still should have listened to advice?? If you feel seriously messed up more and more and have siezures n that you will need diazepam (valium)

But anyway hope you keep more stable which you should do on zyprexa sounds like the right thing to take if doc says so and you were that messed around. You won't get delusional again and 'mental' while on it I wouldn't think that's what it is for to smooth out irratic thinking. Good you have seen a doc and told them the deal, hope it starts to pan out :)