• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Phenibut and DXM - Inexperienced - Bananas in space.

sparki

Greenlighter
This was in my early days of using phenibut, and not being too familiar with the effects. I wasn't aware that a large dose like I took lasts all day and possibly well into the next, so I thought I was safe to dex trip later in the day. The result was a wildly intense panic disko.

I wrote this a while so this is just a copied trip report and not written in a format directed at this forum.

I will start off by giving you a little background information on myself. I am 24 and a male, and weigh about 218 pounds. I have done about every drug in the book except MDMA and shrooms. I recently sobered up though and have been taking nothing except my psyche meds which I have listed and phenibut to supplement my neurontin. I frequently trip on DXM in low doses and I've read about building a tolerance as the liver enzymes which process it get depleted. Seems like this was the case, I had been about 3 weeks without it.

The day of the report: Earlier in the morning I had taken no neurontin and about 6 grams of phenibut HCL, Which on its own can cause closed eye visuals for me. I felt like i'd overdone the phenibut so I decided to do nothing else all day and trip on some DXM later that evening. I bought 1 bottle of Adult Robitussen DM in the double size bottle. Totalling about 475 MG of DXM. I take half the bottle and start watching The Godfather, which is about a 3 hour movie. Nothing much is happening other than the whole movie-on-my-computer experience seeming surreal. I decided to take the rest of my robitussen along with my night time meds: 100mg seroquel, 1mg requip, 25mg atenolol, and 50mg diphenhydramine (benadryl).

Towards the end of the movie I started thinking what i'm going to do after the movie, I'll be bored. The movie is over, and I start feeling incredibly fucked up laying there. I go on 4chan regularly and there is this image of a stupid bannana holding its peel out and smiling with its hands over its crotch, it starts getting injected into my imagination.. This bannana, which I never liked seeing as its annoyingly re-posted on the website on purpose would come to haunt me throughout the trip.

I had an auditory hallucination while an amish buggy went by on the road, the hooves of the horse were supplemented by an eerie sci-fi space ship sound that went along with it. Although afraid I started laughing at the fact that it was the weirdest sounding amish buggy I'd ever heard.

The imaginations start to become closed eye visuals, and i start seeing large open blue-white backgrounds supplementing the bannana as I close my eyes. Everything is feeling much more surreal, and I start feeling like I may need some supervision so I go downstairs to where my mom is sitting watching TV with the dog. She started giving me advice on this girl I've been talking to, and her voice was just piercing to me and very irritating, which I feel bad about as she was being sincere. I said "Dont worry about that it will be okay, I just need you to watch me for a bit I've taken way too much cough medicine"

I explain over the night I'd taken a whole bottle.

Over the course of sitting there I would close my eyes, i imagine part of it was the seroquel making me want to close my eyes, I'd usually be out asleep from all the sleep meds, but DXM makes me feel so surreal it wasn't doing much other than making me want to keep my eyes closed. When I would close my eyes I would see things like I was in outer space, stars with a blue and grey background, the people's republic of china emblem, and the emblem of the Islamic people. And of course, that god awful bananna! I was becoming quite terrified at my current state, and if I didn't remember to breathe long enough I felt like i was going to go unconscious. Which I knew I couldn't do, First of all I didnt know what would happen, and I knew that it would result in my mom calling the ambulance for me to be picked up. I started doing series of heavy robotic timed breaths as they were forced, I didn't have much will to breathe naturally on my own.

I started feeling waves of discomfort that would grow in intensity any time I slipped up and forgot my pattern of breathing. I was having horrible anxiety. My dog could see the look of unease in my eyes and came up to give me attention. I felt like petting the dog and having her lick me was holding me on to reality, it was a very therapeutic effect for me at the time.

I had some auditory hallucinations of my Ipad Alarm going off when it wasn't anywhere near me.

The closed eye visuals started to persist when I had my eyes open, which greatly terrified me. I was seeing stars and snow with my eyes open now. This was about a peak of all the horror for me. I was just staring straight ahead at my dog throughout the 2 hours or so it took for me to start feeling more normal. I was listening to how long it took for the TV shows to end, and thought if I could just fight through it for a couple hours I would be okay. After a few shows I started to come down and feel more normal again, the relief was amazing. My mom asked if I was feeling better, and I said kind of, because I really wasn't. Peoples faces on the TV still looked distorted and unnatural. But I was a hell of a lot better than when I started.

I finally came down enough to feel comfortable enough to go to sleep and not worry about it.

The whole next day I felt pretty fucked up, and I had to take my friend to court which was actually an amusing experience as I was still high feeling. He played the Law and Order theme song in the court room while we waited for the judge.

It is three days later and I still don't feel like I've fully came back yet. I keep having imaginations of various objects lined up in patterns of 3's and 4's. But I'm mostly better now.

[edit] I forgot to include in this that the banana and things i was seeing would repeat by splitting up into hundreds of themselves, then thousands, and hundreds of thousands, and so on. It's a strange effect I have had on DXM because if I close my eyes now and try to imagine hundreds of thousands of things all at once and not looking as if focusing in on parts of a larger picture it's not possible.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_dxm
substancecode_dissociatives
substancecode_phenibut
substancecode_gabapentinoids
substancecode_gabaergics
_combo_
explevel_inexperienced
exptype_negative
exptype_difficult
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator: