• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Phenibut/2g + kava/200mg + maca/1g) - observer - They dont remember, but dear god...

asupersadcat

Greenlighter
This is a first hand report from the person watching the person using, and it occurs to me I don't really need to worry about self-incrimination because all of these were purchased legally (the maca came from target). Why is the person who tried this drink not writing a report? Well, they can't sit up right now so typing would be kind of a chore and they don't seem to even remember half of it anyways.

so between 9 and 10pm my friend drank apple cider with 2g of phenibut hcl, 200mg of kava, and 1g of maca mixed in. (side note: kava and phenibut taste horrible, but the cider completely masked the taste. Way better than trying to use the tea)

For the first couple of hours, they seemed happy and fairly normal if perhaps a bit more talkative, then around midnight the phenibut kicked in and hit them like a truck. They were confused and didnt know where they were or what was going on. When touched, they said they felt like the hand was still touching them when it was removed and in the process of getting them to a chair they claimed I had "thousands of hands" and asked how I was doing it.

A little bit after that they began complaining about a headache and muscle pain, and shortly after they started complaining they lost all lucidity whatsoever. They spent the next hour screaming in pain and hallucinating that they were in a hospital and would tried to use the pain medication button that hospitals have. After I got a bucket that they promply threw up in, they fell asleep. That repeated every 2ish hours for nine-ish hours total (so they had three episodes of screaming in pain, hallucinations, vomiting, and confusion) before they were actually conscious enough to talk to. They were still in quite a bit of pain, and were very thirsty, but couldnt drink water without throwing up at first. They were incredibly dizzy and nauseous whenever I attempted to move them or have them sit up (at their request, it seemed like a bad idea to me, but then I thought 2g of phenibut was silly to begin with). And then they fell asleep again.

This pretty much continued for the rest of the day, with them waking up, throwing up, getting a small amount of water in them, and then falling asleep. They were slightly more cognizant and alert each time, and said they felt better.

It wasn't until the following morning that they were actually able to walk under their own power, and even then they stumbled a few times.

The moral of the story kids: When someone says "a 600mg dose for someone your weight would be pretty heavy" dont ignore them and take 2g.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_phenibut
substancecode_gabapentinoids
substancecode_gabaergics
substancecode_pipermethysticum
substancecode_kava
substancecode_ethnobotanicals
_combo_
explevel_experienced
exptype_negative
exptype_healthissues
exptype_bodyload
exptype_difficult
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that's a really strange reaction to phenibut, I've taken too much and it just made me really sloppy and uncontrollably sleepy. And by too much I mean like 3 or 4 grams, having never taken it before. I believe you, just saying, that seems pretty unusual.

Might not have just been the Phenibut; combining kava and maca, which is a supplement used to combat sexual dysfunction and might be uncomfortable in its own right by itself, with Phenibut doesn't exactly sound like a balanced experience. Phenibut and kava together can be a pleasurable ride, provided that the doses for both are adjusted; if not, the potential for vomiting and delirium is increased, leading to the kind of time you just described.

Be careful with your combos.

I got a similar reaction when mixing phenibut with stims, concluded that phenibut should not be combined at all (and if then max. 500mg). In general also poor circulation due to a longer period of a lack of physical activity played a role. Why did you mix phenibut and kava (both gabergic agonists?) ? And maca sucks balls. Even made me sick when using it on its own.

their line of thinking was something along the lines of "kava and maca will help lead into the phenibut" and keep them more aware instead of asleep.

I've never tried any of the three, so I wouldnt have any clue personally.

Some other replies suggested it might not have been the phenibut, personally, I have no idea. That was simply the only one that the dose they took was much higher than what was recommended for their weight.

Some other replies suggested it might not have been the phenibut, personally, I have no idea. That was simply the only one that the dose they took was much higher than what was recommended for their weight.

It might have been the Phenibut; two grams can be a significant dose for those not used to the effects. However, add the kava and maca on top of it and I can't imagine any combination of those three substances that would be pleasurable.