Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Pharmacist made me feel like an addict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Because of their mistake and not reading my doctors orders. They assumed I was coming to get my script of 10 k pins/Monthly early my doctor prescribed me 30 to get through this move that I’m about to undergo. That said “they need more doc” what I don’t get is why my doctor would prescribe 30 and the pharmacist not need think of it as a new script The head pharmacist then proceeds to give me the dare program and make me feel like I’m an addict in front of 3 other customers right after I got outta the hospital for insomnia Do I have a right to sue, or Atleast call corporate and file a complaint requesting an apology. She would been offended if I called her a transvestite since it’s a man identifying a female. You can see on my records ive been taking it for a year I understand she/him/it idc about pronouns. I call it how I see it. But I respect those that respect me. It didn’t respect me it was just looking out for the best of me, but didn’t wanna hear my sob stories on the phone as to why the doctor prescribed it. Long story short can I call corporate and be sure that they will be reprimanded, as someone who suffers mental illness I feel that’s mentally shaming me. And they wouldn’t want that for their sexuality or identity. Mental Lives Matter and if I gotta be a martyr for it. Ima stop this practice of a damn 4-6 year pharm tech acting like they know more then my doctor. Anyways I’m off to move I’m sorry for my early post I’m finally leaving the girl I’ll been bitching about for two years so if you see this and fwm please get my number from dm I need some friends right now I have none

You can definitely call and complain, but no, ultimately you can't be sure they will reprimand the pharmacist. They'll likely give you the token "we're sorry if you feel blah blah" and at best retrain the pharmacist.

I don't see you getting anywhere with suing them either.

I recently had to deal with this wicked cunt pharmacist. I had the bright idea to try tapering off of Gabapentin. I just quit Methadone maintenance for the 14th time as of a couple of months ago and in the spirit of independence, I thought I would test the waters to see just how necessary 800mg TID Gabapentin was. I had had a regularly scheduled appointment with my prescriber and I said, "hey, let's try 600mg TID and see how it goes?". So I went to pick up the new prescription, which was technically 3 days early per the state's PMP. I got the 3rd degree and "the look".

I don't know if I'm alone here, but it pisses me off to no end when medical staff refuse to be direct in favor of gossipping between each other, only to not just say "you know you have a history of addiction so we really are bound by our ethics and the law to be extremely careful about prescribing Opioids or what have you". Just say what you are actually thinking. Is it normal for addicts to take hostages when denied their shit. I always regret being honest with the majority of docs. No matter how totally honest I am, they always just assume there is something much worse at play. Meanwhile, I'm already pretty disappointed in the course my life has taken and feel pretty badly to begin with.

Anyway, I'm going to move this over to Drug Culture. Perhaps it would be better suited to the Dark Side? I'm not totally sure, but I understand that stigma is a major barrier to proper implementation of Harm Reduction schemes. I know that the lack of transparency between provider and patient is a major barrier to proper treatment and that the mutualy distrust only breeds further distrust and isolation. I think this topic as a whole is an important one for the health and safety of our people.

I completely understand how you feel. I had been one of those caught up in the oxy craze about 10 years back. I had prescriptions of subutex and Xanax and wow, never have I felt so ashamed of myself. I was told by a pharmacist she would not fill it due to her morals after beating around the bush for a week without the Xanax and was then told “to see a psychologist, get help maybe I need to be put on antidepressants” well my father has cancer. I’m 30, unmarried, recently back with my parents who are both in poor health. I recently had my doctor retire so this month alone I been to 3 doctors refusing to see me because of my history on subutex and my Rx of Xanax yet I haven’t touched opiates in years. I understand their concern but their concern makes me feel like an abnormal person. Just because they can go through their life without medication, doesn’t mean others have to. Honestly I’ve never been so stress free once I get my rx filled, then all the anxiety and fear comes if I know I need my rx filled. It is amazing what I have heard, been accused of, been told medical advice, and also just been given the “look” and just the face of disgust, that shamed me most of all. Yet 10 years ago the same people filled scripts for painkillers no problem.

I recently had to deal with this wicked cunt pharmacist. I had the bright idea to try tapering off of Gabapentin. I just quit Methadone maintenance for the 14th time as of a couple of months ago and in the spirit of independence, I thought I would test the waters to see just how necessary 800mg TID Gabapentin was. I had had a regularly scheduled appointment with my prescriber and I said, "hey, let's try 600mg TID and see how it goes?". So I went to pick up the new prescription, which was technically 3 days early per the state's PMP. I got the 3rd degree and "the look".

I don't know if I'm alone here, but it pisses me off to no end when medical staff refuse to be direct in favor of gossipping between each other, only to not just say "you know you have a history of addiction so we really are bound by our ethics and the law to be extremely careful about prescribing Opioids or what have you". Just say what you are actually thinking. Is it normal for addicts to take hostages when denied their shit.

No but it's by no means unusual for them to get agitated and start screaming abuse or knocking shit over or whatever. I've seen it I don't even know how many times at methadone clinics. Less common at pharmacies but it does happen.

I always regret being honest with the majority of docs. No matter how totally honest I am, they always just assume there is something much worse at play.

Now this I understand. Pretty much universally we all tend to learn that being honest gets us fucked over. Soooo instead we just aren't honest because the likely hood of regretting it is too high yeah.

Just give me my stuff and do your job :cool: I think the pharmacists are becoming more aware of how much addiction is prevalent in society. They feel obligated to try to stop it, when in reality the problem is so much more above them.

Sorry the pharmacist treated you like that, and I'm sorry you're going through a break up. It sucks and I feel you.

Still isn't cool to make a post riddled with this much transphobia. It's disrespectful and honestly against the BLUA. I'm just gonna close this as it's not really appropriate for DC, there are other posts you are able to rant in.

Status
Not open for further replies.