• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

News Personal trainer dies from accidentally drinking the equivalent of 200 cups of coffee

Wow, poor guy. That is a pretty massive mistake. People have died from 30 cups and less

The visual difference between 300mg and 5g is huge, but I guess if you've never measured a powder before you might not know and trust a crappy scale.

Why do they say 200 cups? Wouldn't that be a lot more than 5g if 80mg per cup? I think their math is off.

Last edited:
Always do your math, and use a scale that can measure a weight 10 times smaller than the weight you will need to measure.
Need to measure 10mg? You need a scale capable of measuring 1mg, need to measure 1mg, get a scale that can measure 0.1mg.
And if that seems silly, just think that it's the same as measuring 100g using a scale that measures 10g.

Seems like this happens from time to time, the packages should perhaps be better labeled for the slower "personal trainer"-type crowd.

When i was 17 i chewed up 8 no doz tablets (the better part of 2 grams) and hopped in my car and drove to the bookstore. By the time i pulled in to that parking spot it kicked in and i felt extremely panicked, heart racing, dizzy, sweating hands were visibly shaking strongly and uncontrollably so I said fuck this I can't go in there. I immediately backed out and boom I hit a car behind driving in the parking lot. I get out and its some black lady (actually quite attractive) and she's freaking out saying she doesn't have insurance and then suddenly gets back in the car and leaves. Of course it was all my fault, I was so disoriented i just backed up without looking. Odd to think that what I took was, based on what happened to this personal trainer guy, 1/5th of a lethal dose of caffeine.

Yeah, they are off by a factor of three to four. Which just goes to show that the therapeutic ratio of caffeine is nothing spectacular.
I am not sure why any personal trainer or someone involved in working in a gym or physical therapy type center would suggest taking caffeine before exercising or taking it in a large amount? Just drink coffee, black or green tea, or yerba mate if you need the caffeine.

I am not sure why any personal trainer or someone involved in working in a gym or physical therapy type center would suggest taking caffeine before exercising or taking it in a large amount? Just drink coffee, black or green tea, or yerba mate if you need the caffeine.
Gulping down the amount of coffee or tea required to get 300mg of caffeine can be problematic, especially when you need to exercise right after.
If you can have it in a single glass it's just more practical.
300mg of caffeine will absolutely drive some performance metrics up.

Gulping down the amount of coffee or tea required to get 300mg of caffeine can be problematic, especially when you need to exercise right after.
If you can have it in a single glass it's just more practical.
300mg of caffeine will absolutely drive some performance metrics up.
Understood. I did drink coffee and black tea before running, but I just made it strong and I drank water after running.

what a horrid way to go. sounds like the guy assumed it was similar to protein powder or amino acid supplement, many of those even come with a 5G scooper
I think your probably right, damn that would hurt

I think your probably right, damn that would hurt
I've seen a friend accidentally take 1.8 grams, he weighed about 74kg and he spent a few hours in the toilet between laying down shivering and sweating cold, dizzy and nauseous with terrible anxiety and a pounding heart, and every now and then he would grab the toilet to kneel in front of it and puke/retch, then go back to laying down in front of it.
He wasn't really able to get up and be stable from how dizzy he was.
Honestly it looked like even at that dose, if he had a heart malformation or something like that he might have died, his HR was above 160 for a couple of hours.
The thing slowly resolved itself and after about 3 hours he dragged himself to bed where he obviously was not able to sleep for a few more hours, but hen crashed hard and was relatively fine the next day.

Okay I'm giving up coffee. I knew that drug was dangerous. <3

Friend of mine had an irregular heartbeat for months after snorting ~1-2g of caffeine the afternoon after we did a bunch of DXM (I told him not to and he ignored me, we were stupid teenagers.)
Caffeine is relatively quite safe, but still far more dangerous mentally and physically than a lot of people seem to think it is.

Stimulant OD has to be a horrible way to go. This is why HR education is important. Normies need to understand caffeine and alcohol are drugs, and follow all the rules that drugs do. They are not safe just because they are socially accepted

I once took ~900mg of caffeine, and had an absolutely horrible experience. A lot like shooting too much coke: an hour of sitting rigidly, gritting my teeth, wicked time dilation, waiting for a heart attack to end the experience. My body was made for opioids, not stimulants. These days 30mg of caffeine can keep me jittery for 12 hours. Not fun.