• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Passion Flower after rapid benzo dose reduction.

Echotango

Bluelighter
Am I experiencing withdrawal again after using passion flower? I was on a high dose clonazepam & Flurazepam I went straight down to 0.25mg clonazepam & 5mg nitrazepam. Albeit that was months ago now. I do know its easy to go back into withdrawal.

I barley managed to type this if u need anymore relevant information let me know.

It's an interesting idea.

Passiflora Incarnata (Passionflower) apparently contains amino acids that have demonstrated effects upon Gamma Amino Butyric Acid (GABA) in the body. It's not out of the question to suggest that the effects of Passionflower and its extracts could contribute to a relapse into Benzodiazepine/Alcohol/Barbiturate Withdrawal as these are also substances that exert their influence through GABAergic means.

I would be safe and just not take Passionflower anymore. I'm sure its relatively mild compared to a true Benzodiazepine, but what we know of the Kindling Effect, it wouldn't surprise me for such a phenomenon to occur. I would suggest trying other remedies. If you're into Herbal stuff, there are lots of options out there. I would really encourage you not to take any proprietary blends. These will often contain at least 3 and typically, more different ingredients. I know there are other herbal remedies used as sedative/anxiolytics that seem to work in a similar fashion.

I'm happy to help you with your research. Let us know if there is something you're curious about and we can try to help determine if it's worth trying.

Thanks I've been using passion flower tea for like 2 weeks roughly. I know something is not right with my body just not sure what right now. I got muscle twitches & easily agitated etc.

I'll reply later with some herbal supplements I take & or want to try.

Thanks I've been using passion flower tea for like 2 weeks roughly. I know something is not right with my body just not sure what right now. I got muscle twitches & easily agitated etc.

I'll reply later with some herbal supplements I take & or want to try.

The timeline makes fair sense.

Herbal extracts are often less potent, more subtle in effect and require several days of dosing prior to effects becoming clear. We often discuss drug interactions here at Bluelight. There are numerous reports of people taking drugs noted for their dangerous interactive potential only presenting with symptoms after one week or two of blood levels normalizing.

One of my favorites is the relationship between Fluvoxamine (Luvox) a Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor (SSRI)-type antidepressant and Methadone. Basically, the Fluvoxamine (as is true to a lesser extent with basically all SSRI's) interferes with the body's ability to clear the Methadone. People would be taking the Fluvoxamine for a couple of weeks and more than one presented at the ER with symptoms of Opioid overdose requiring artificial ventilation and/or Naloxone (Narcan).

This probably doesn't mean much to you. I just wanted to throw you an example, as that's what I would want.

Get a script for Clonidine 0.1mg tablets and Gabapentin 300mg capsules X 3 daily

Clonidine 0.1mg is a POTENT anxiolytic/sedative and significantly reduces Norepinephrine in the CNS (which increases BP & HR) …..you will feel calm & relaxed, able to sleep like a baby 30min prior to bed

Gabapentin/Pregabalin or even Phenibut are suitable for daily usage, you won’t feel sleepy but will ease benzo withdrawal symptoms. Phenibut can be ordered online as a Nootropic/natural health supplement

Pregabalin (Lyrica) 150-300mg capsules are a great tool for benzodiazepine tapering / withdrawal symptoms

The doc should give you 10-20 Diazepam 10mg tablets (one in morning, one around 6pm ish) with its long half-life and active metabolites, it will ease withdrawal symptoms, and medically necessary to safely reduce a patients benzodiazepine dependency (which could be problematic and/or dangerous is some situations)

Long acting Diazepam (Valium) is the gold standard in benzodiazepine cessation & gradual dose reductions…often paired with Pregabalin & Clonidine

Gabapentin/Pregabalin or even Phenibut are suitable for daily usage
Another arguable and argued position.
I do agree to some extent but do know they are different classes of drugs and affect different brain receptors.
I am of the opinion/belief/experience that gabapetinoids can aide in cessation of benzodiazepines but we are all a little chemically different though still the same imo.
I would venture to say that the lower dose of benzodiazepine:s) one is at will be directly connected to how effective using gabapetinoids will be. If dose of bnz is low and one is ready to "jump": OK. If one is on 10mg/day (or higher) of a relatively decent bnz I would not trust the gaba family to help much. Just me
peace