Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Palexia - Help

charlesjames

Greenlighter
Hi Everyone,

I'm currently prescribed Palexia 200mg SR for chronic back pain due to a herniated disc impacting nerves running down my leg. I recently visited my mother (who lives in NSW, I live in Brisbane) and I did the stupid thing and left my bag of medication behind. Which means I now have a week of no pain relief coming up for the next week, combined with withdrawal symptoms from the Palexia. My GP is a bit of a hard-ass, so I'm not expecting much sympathy (I'm sure she'll replace my BP medication and Effexor, but I doubt the Palexia), and my mother is going to be coming up the next weekend with the bag I left behind. Question is, how do I deal with the withdrawals? Aside from begging my GP and feeling like a drug-seeker, or just saying to everyone here "hey, got some Palexia? I'll buy it off you!". Any tips?

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently prescribed Palexia 200mg SR for chronic back pain due to a herniated disc impacting nerves running down my leg. I recently visited my mother (who lives in NSW, I live in Brisbane) and I did the stupid thing and left my bag of medication behind. Which means I now have a week of no pain relief coming up for the next week, combined with withdrawal symptoms from the Palexia. My GP is a bit of a hard-ass, so I'm not expecting much sympathy (I'm sure she'll replace my BP medication and Effexor, but I doubt the Palexia), and my mother is going to be coming up the next weekend with the bag I left behind. Question is, how do I deal with the withdrawals? Aside from begging my GP and feeling like a drug-seeker, or just saying to everyone here "hey, got some Palexia? I'll buy it off you!". Any tips?

Thanks
So are you shopping here or looking for help with wd's? The end of your post makes it a little unclear .

Please make sure you're clear on whether you're asking for advice or sourcing. As sourcing is not allowed.

I suggest you present to emergency if the withdrawals become unbearable.

You need Loperamide (anti diarrhea med) take twice the recommended dose. It'll take care of some of the stomach and GI problems. Then you need some benzos for sleep, long acting preferably such as diazepam or clonazepam.

If your withdrawal gets overhwelming, try taking lomotil which is OTC in Aus. It is just an opioid and atropine, with the latter at very minimal doses. I haven't taken it for years, but in the past used it get genuinely high. There are negative side effects but in a pinch, a box of lomotil will remove a lot of opioid withdrawal. Be careful though as atropine is very dangerous in high doses (although those doses are significantly higher than you would ever need to go). Of note, actual withdrawal symptoms from lomotil are horrible and similar to methadone. Overusing this medicine is a bad idea.

@ghostandthedarknes @Vagabond696

I have Cruel to be Kind by Nick Lowe stuck in my head.

Evoking my right to freedom of expression and association. Terms and conditions have more rights these days to show doors than humans. Might be preaching to those who feel the pain, ally and might need to source torches, pitchforks and create crop circles in the land of the poppy.

Do we really need to assume people are guilty for their pain and suffering? Disability is not a crime! Jokes are not a crime unless they harm others! Addiction is not a crime! Whatever the social context that brought a human here support seeking should not be a crime.

They're appear to be 'sourcing' empathy, advice, pain relief and maybe some dignity. Perhaps sourcing better medical professionals who treat them humanely. They do not appear unclear. At least with my prescription spectacles. Perhaps I'm simply too neurodivergent for society?

Perhaps there's history of DMs of offers via BL? If so there's technological 'tools' which could address if that's constructed as problematic behaviour. Alternatively, ask no questions tell no lies provided there's no clear evidence of 'prohibited' intent within ones and zeros considering privacy is a human right. Breaching one's access to health seems an arbitrary stigmatised social construction. Whatever the reasons for advice and relieving pain is who knighted us to judge? Would we rather a situation where $700 a kilogram 'zenes' x6 more potent than fentanyl is the simpler policy creation to our pain and suffering?

They said they have chronic back pain due to a herniated disc impacting nerves running down their leg. It is their medicine. It is their Human Right to Health. In some cases withdrawals can be life-threatening. Go and take a Valium mate? Might want to suggest a prescribed one and advocating testing as ya never know what might be in them... If a GP is that shit, sometimes the less judgemental 'health provider' is the most dignified access to ones human right to health.

There's no message on Wickr, Telegram, Signal et al to discuss tips! Why assume the worst? Are we too accustomed to having to hide our pain and suffering? Is support seeking limited to closets on de-listed tools. Perhaps a tension between online and online exists. The advice is more detailed in this tool but the assumed negativity sucks. Is there a comfortable medium?

Sure, some people do all sorts of things for their pain relief. Drove a stranger once who told innovative methods of grabbing x-rays off the internet and shopping around. Instead, one is on BL a clearnet forum asking for tips. They could be on reddit, messaging anyone of the 1000+ adverts for dial an NSO to your door for less than the gap to see a GP. The writing is on the wall people. Imagine if for whatever reason someone presented here, they felt safe to be provided accurate support for the specific situation. That's a novel harm reduction idea.

Hear you Charles that perhaps begging your GP and feeling like a drug-seeker might be so shit one might seek advice on withdrawals. Perhaps result to jokes when the pain is too much that nothing else can soothe it.

I direct y'all attention to resolution 12/24. Adopted in consensus without needing a vote!

@Tronica +1 vote for review whether BL can recognize that accessing (sourcing) medicine is a fundamental element in achieving the highest attainable standard of physical and mental health. That every human is born with the right to access (source) health services without discrimination. Complexities and limitations of sourcing human rights is above a green lighters non existent legal pay grade. However, this general approach does not feel humane. If something is prescribed in a region then surely one can talk about it with some sense of dignity? Why does health assume the worst and reduce us to having to watch people piss in a cup? Fuck being charged by 'The King', time for an Australian Revolution.

It is NOT an individuals crime to seek fulfillment of their rights. It is unjustified for a state to politically persecute or arbitrarily arrest humans, including those privileged to inhabit this land we stole by force from accessing their human rights. It is unjustified that this constitutional monarchy used prohibition of opium to control First Nations people by force. It's a cop out to ignore their natural rights to self-determination and sovereignty whilst we instead make a song and dance about flimsy recognition in the monarchy constitution with a partial ear to the king.

What did those who sacrificed themselves, fighting for equality and justice in World War II die for if we do not have the courage to stand up and claim our rights?

Why we telling people they 'need' to source other scheduled drugs of dependence if sourcing is a stigmatised taboo word? Language like SWIM evolves when it's no longer fit for purpose. I'm not a medical professional, however, it might be worth looking at mentioned drug interactions (moderate risks).

In a pinch without presenting to Emergency Department if one is unsure and would like to seek advice Queensland has Nurses on call 24/7.

13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84)

Registered nurses provide health–related advice over the phone for health information and assessment of symptoms. This includes a comprehensive telephone assessment resulting in a recommendation of a time and place of care. The service also provides immediate, evidence based healthcare information and referral to other health care providers which is targeted to the appropriate level and location of care.

It is confidential and you do not need to provide a name.

Additionally, a person who's rights to source advocacy could try contacting Queensland Pharmacotherapy Advocacy Mediation and Support Service QPAMS.

QPAMS is a peer-based support & information service for people on opioid treatment across QLD or people wanting to access opioid treatments.

How QPAMS can help:
•If you want to know more about accessing Take Away Doses
•If you are transferring interstate or to another area in QLD
•If you need help sorting out issues with your clinic or prescriber
•If you need help sorting out issues with your pharmacy or dosing point
•If you are feeling as though you haven’t been involved in decisions about your treatment
•If you have confidentiality & privacy concerns
•If you are experiencing discrimination or stigma because you are on treatment
•If you are having issues paying your dosing fees or pharmacy debt
•If you have been kicked off the program or suspended
•If you are being rapidly reduced off your treatment because of a behaviour, drug use or other reason
•If you want to know about your rights whilst on treatment
•If you have lost or missed a dose
•If you want to get on the program and don’t know where to start
•If you are having trouble with other medications (eg: benzo’s) whilst you are on treatment
•If you are having issues with drug use whilst on treatment
•If you are pregnant and want to know how treatment affects pregnancy and child birth
•If you are worried you are not being dosed properly
•If you feel as though you have been treated unfairly by people involved in your treatment
•If you are prescribed pain medication as well as methadone or bupe
•If you are having troubles with work or employment whilst on treatment
•If you want to know about reducing or coming off the opioid treatment program
•If you want to make an official /formal complaint and need help
•If you think you clinic or prescriber is not doing the right thing
•If you want help understanding the QLD Opiate Treatment Guidelines
•If you are transferring from one medication to another
•If you need help to find a prescriber or a pharmacy
•If you are finding being on the opioid treatment program challenging
•If you have questions about side effects or long term effects of treatment
•If you have any questions about opioid treatments AT ALL
•You just want to talk about your treatment with someone who understands and is on treatment too!

If you have an issue about your treatment then please call QPAMS 1800 175 889
QPAMS will support you and advocate on your behalf with any issues you are having.

Talk to someone who understands!

Another option is to ask your family to express post your medicine to you.

I don't have physical pain aside from what society gives my sympathetic nervous system, however, i do empathise with family members who've have similar injuries mentioned and prescribed for 30+ years. Who tell me they would rather stop taking their heart medication for a guaranteed end of life. Because they'd rather die than suffer pain and inhumane treatment that requires a pensioner to drive 3+ hours into the city just so government can trial torturing his limits. Particularly, when it's stated it's likely he'll be prescribed the same medicine again when all is said and done with the clinical torture masquerading as progressive policy.

Why are they doing it? Because they're reactionary worried someone who lives in woop woop with less humans in a 60km radius than a typical nightclub might have at any moment in the bathroom snorting cocaine, is perhaps a criminal and handing his medicine to others. 30+ years on it, the damage is done, he's happy to die when it's time just give people peace. Apparently, few more years when you're geriatric they throw it at you no questions and then whisper vote...

Not directing opiate withdrawal or pain relieving advice as that's outside my expertise although there are several traditional plants some cultures use (cautiously) after research of risks.

However, regarding sleep have seen considerable benefit from Passion Flower for moderate sleep assistance. It's a natural medicine, and ones right to source it no different to any prescribed medicine that was traditionally natural (poppy's). It's the ANZAC symbol of remembrance of fighting for supposed 'rights' for fucks sake. Some people drink poppy seed tea (occasionally) after doing their own research and checking alerts.

Can source seeds from a general store, or poppy's in fields in Tasmania where half the world's opium is grown. Why is that Wallabies and Kangaroos are allowed natures medicine but human rights are reserved for Johnson & Johnson? Is truth prohibited?

Not suggesting medical advice, however, Zopiclone a non benzodiazepine hypnotic has since guaranteed a good 8 hour sleep without feeling groggy the next day for the first time in 20+ years. Can empathise with GP stigmatisation because one who's always had insomnia might depend on it to sleep - SHOCK HORROR! Tolerance breaks can be beneficial with most substances, hence the passion for flowers et al.

Virtual hug Charles James. I wish you the best in happiness, health and sourcing if there's any humane GP's in existence.

Life is like a box of Pingas delivered from NL, you never know what you're going to get. Unless you test it. - Benu.

New Year Classic Reaction GIF
Tldr

Benu, believe it or not, I do emphasize with this person's situation. I myself am a chronic insomniac and doctors in Australia pretty much refuse to treat my condition.

However, as a moderator on this site, I do have a job to do and rules to enforce. Simple.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks
How did you go accessing medication and/or dealing with withdrawals? I am sad (but not too surprised unfortunately) to hear that your doctor is unlikely to replace a drug that you actually obviously need.

Benu, believe it or not, I do emphasize with this person's situation. I myself am a chronic insomniac and doctors in Australia pretty much refuse to treat my condition.

However, as a moderator on this site, I do have a job to do and rules to enforce. Simple.
@Benu has made a number of important reflections in this thread and privately to me.

It’s a long standing rule that Bluelight does not allow drug sourcing to be facilitated through our website. That’s particular important for prohibited drugs or substances being used without a prescription. We have always made a distinction between reducing harms of use, versus facilitating supply.

But it’s not completely that simple is it? We all know that drug supply can be more or less risky. That is, harm reduction applies to supply. And it’s frustrating that Bluelight has not been able to focus on this area, because we’ve historically believed it too risky.

So, to summarise, yes our moderators are doing their job here, but it doesn’t mean they don’t have compassion for people in need. And @Benu has a solid critique too. Others have made similar observations over the years.

We will be applying for our own charity status soon and with that will come a review of all our policies. Maybe there’s a way of talking about supply without allowing any sourcing to occur via our platform - perhaps that’s at least worth considering ❤️

@Benu has made a number of important reflections in this thread and privately to me.

It’s a long standing rule that Bluelight does not allow drug sourcing to be facilitated through our website. That’s particular important for prohibited drugs or substances being used without a prescription. We have always made a distinction between reducing harms of use, versus facilitating supply.

But it’s not completely that simple is it? We all know that drug supply can be more or less risky. That is, harm reduction applies to supply. And it’s frustrating that Bluelight has not been able to focus on this area, because we’ve historically believed it too risky.

So, to summarise, yes our moderators are doing their job here, but it doesn’t mean they don’t have compassion for people in need. And @Benu has a solid critique too. Others have made similar observations over the years.

We will be applying for our own charity status soon and with that will come a review of all our policies. Maybe there’s a way of talking about supply without allowing any sourcing to occur via our platform - perhaps that’s at least worth considering ❤️
I agree 100% with your sentiment here. Obviously we have to protect ourselves and the community, but we also need to allow a certain amount of compassion and some leeway with the rules.

This charity thing sounds interesting and is something we can ALL get involved in. Even if it's a tiny amount of work, the smallest contribution still goes a long way.

A policy review is definitely due, as we need to keep up with current changes in our society and the overall attitude shift towards drug use as well.

@Vagabond696 Thanks. Yeah, a lot of our rules stem from our history. I mean, 20 years ago, there were different attitudes to drugs in say Australia - although, they are still prohibited here, and still very much policed, there are some changes happening - particularly for cannabis and psychedelics. It would be good if such changes would filter through to all currently prohibited drugs though.

If only we all lived in the ACT with the politicians where we long have decriminalisation, drug checking and grow your own options!