• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Pain while pissing on opiates

apolarbear

Greenlighter
Hey guys, I'm curious if anyone has ever had the issue of having your stream stop while urinating on opiates, followed by a sharp pain that wraps around your side, presumably where your kidneys are. It was almost debilitating, but subsided shortly after.

I was able to piss just fine a few hours later and doubt anything is still "clogged" up there, but everything I have read about 'acute urinary retention' says it requires immediate medical attention. This was last night, and today one of my kidneys feels slightly sore but that's about it.

I'm really just trying to gauge if I should go to the hospital or not, has anyone experienced anything similar?

Thanks in advance.

Seems like gettinf jt checked out couldnt hurt. Iv had trouble pissing and sometimes tk the point of pushinf really hard (to whwre ur head hurts) and had headaches the next day from trying so hard tl take a piss

everything we say will be pure speculation
maybe other users go through the same thing but not everyone is the same
if you feel like your kidney hurts which is quite a bold statement since you can isolate the area of the pain
i would def go to the ER or your doc i would say ER since they will treat it as an emergency because it could be a sign of organ failure
and get you fully tested
if you go to a doc prob just give you pills and send you on your way

what color is your urine? just of out curiosity

color is clear mostly because I stay hydrated, and have had no problems urinating all day.

Or it could be a kidney stone. But if it make you feel any better I he that sometimes too. Doesn't necessarily hurt to bad but I just have to like push it out. But if specifically your kidneys hurt, go to a doctor. Because it could be serious. And kidneys stones suck.

I almost always have trouble urinating on opiates - I basically have to "force" it out and the stream stops and starts fairly frequently. I can't really say there's any acute pain like that though. More just headaches like justtakethat that said. Probably worth getting checked out - kidney problems are no joke, especially if you're already pushing opiates through them

Usually on opiates and even on some stims I suffer from some urinary retention. Generally though, by sitting down (i'm a guy) and relaxing for a bit then trying I can at least get it to trickle out. The only major issue I had was after a large dose of DXM (400ml = 1200mg) the next day I still couldn't go and because I'd had a fair bit of caffeine the day before I was really really needing to go. That sent me to the emergency room where I had to be catheterized. Not fun for anyone. A friend of mine who did the DXM the same as me was able to go fine but it always seems to make me retain really badly.

I will note though that IME not being able to go when on opiates didn't produce any pronounced pain, only tired muscles from over-exertion trying to go.

There is of course no harm in getting it checked out, unless it's going to hurt your hip-pocket badly, in which case, keep an eye on it, but still, better to be safe than sorry.

Namaste,
mysticbeef

everything we say will be pure speculation maybe other users go through the same thing but not eryone is the same if you feel like your kidney hurts which is quite a bold statement since you can isolate the area of the pain i would def go to the ER or your doc i would say ER since they will treat it as an emergency because it could be a sign of organ failure and get you fully tested if you go to a doc prob just give you pills and send you on your way what color is your urine? just of out curiosity
Good post deos68. I've had same pain also. I don't consider it as bad as what your having. deos68 suggested right, There is no harm in going, I'm going to pay attention to myself next time to be safe.

using a lot of dope makes it tough to piss but much harder to shit. people are working you up when this is the norm for 99% of people using opiates. Now pain in the kidneys is different and should probably be looked at.

Agreed - I just look at it as constipation on both ends. If anything, it hurts when I have to take a shit after 2-3 days and really force it out! I don't think I've ever been so happy to have diarrhea when I first switched to the subs - at least it wasn't painful!!

Yeah you guys are probably right. I should get it checked out just in case. Apparently sometimes kidney damage is symptomless. I'm no stranger to the opiate constipation but that pain from the other night was new.

Yeah you guys are probably right. I should get it checked out just in case. Apparently sometimes kidney damage is symptomless. I'm no stranger to the opiate constipation but that pain from the other night was new.
good shit brother better safe than sorry

There's certainly no harm in getting it checked, as the adage goes better safe than sorry. The only issue might be cost associated with a DR's visit.

Namaste,
MysticBeef

Switch to Kratom, such a better alternative I have never done opiates but I would take Kratome over opiates any day.

Switch to Kratom, such a better alternative I have never done opiates but I would take Kratome over opiates any day.
Exactly uv never done them so thats why ud take ot over them. Some people hate kratom but love opiates...

Just an update for anyone who may be curious or see this in the future. The pain which shot directly to my flank, and lingered about for a days, was diagnosed simply as flank/lower back pain.

Kidneys have no problems whatsoever as confirmed by urinalysis. So it must have been some sort of strain on muscles back there associated with trying to piss. Eventually it went away

Good news.

I don't really get pain but when i'm on oxy, and the day after for a matter of fact, I have a hard time urinating