• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Pain management interfering with psychedelic use

aspiringchemist

Bluelighter
I suffer from chronic pain due to congenital defect of the lumbar spine as well as IBD.
I currently take methocarbamol and diazepam along with kratom daily to manage pain. I am trying to avoid Rx opioids as I have a long history, but this just isn't working that well.

My dilemma is that in order to maintain relief I am dosing meds 2 to 3 times daily. This produces sedation and the sort of listlestness that comes with using substances such as those mentioned above.

I love psychedelics, especially 5ht2a agonists. I believe they have great therapeutic value. But I'm always too tired or in pain or thinking "what if I have an IBD attack 4 hours into a 12 hour ride" etc and I always "think" myself out of it. I always have all my medicine on hand and wouldn't even consider otherwise. I should add that I am highly experienced with psychedelic use and have only encountered this block in the past couple of years.

I'm willing to bet the therapeutic benefits would do wonders for my overall physical and mental wellbeing. Still, I continue to feel anxious and live in a "what if" state.

With all that said, I know set and setting are key. But we're talking two years here, there's been plenty of opportunities...

I know it's a jumbled post, sorry.
Anybody relate?