• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Pain after quitting

wonderlost

Greenlighter
Today, I thought I was having a kidney stone attack. This usually leads to surgery which leads to pain medicine. I don't want this. How has others handled this once giving up opiates? I have no plans to tell anymore health professionals that I had an issue with them. This is just something I decided with all the stigma. I suppose if I have to have surgery I can inform them that I am requesting no opiate pain medicine but has anyone actually been though this and what happened? While I'm feeling sore I didn't go to the ER but this has me thinking I need to start thinking a little ahead.
I have learned that I can handle a larger amount of pain that I ever imagined. It use to be a slight bump had me running for a pill but even with that much strength I don't I think I can handle surgery without something.

I have a really hard time dealing with it. I don't know how I do it.

Stay strong, drink lots of water. <3

Ty. We have so many things we have to deal with once we get clean. It feels like to much work sometimes.
I made it though the night and was rewarded with a much better day. So much water I might as well move to adult diapers LOL
Last night I laid in bed and worried about going to the ER. A part of me wanted to go, then it was out of my hands right but then that other voice told me to ride it out. I'm glad I did but what about next time. What if I end up in a situation where I need pain medicine? So confusing.

How long has it been since you got clean and how many years did you use for? If you don't mind me asking wonderlost?

I had surgery on both feet last month and had a few bones removed and pins inserted, the pain was excruciating. Originally I didn't want painkillers, then I was so miserable I took norco 5s that did nothing. I then contacted the doc who would have given me whatever I wanted (his words) so I got tramadol, which did nothing. At this point I was mentally relapsing and wasn't going to try anything stronger so I went out and bought kratom and drank it in huge quantities. It helped a lot. It was still very painful but something I could get through. Good luck!

Being in a situation where I would require pain medicine is a scary situation to me. I'm hoping to never be in that place again.

SKR-I don't mind you asking. I have been on opiates heavy for 4 years and I'm just at about a month without taking any pain medicine.

Moreaux-I hope you are feeling better by now. That sounds painful and you did a great job not going all in with the pain and medicine. You were very strong. I am a big believer in Kratom myself as I used it to help get me though withdraw. I haven't had a huge success with pain but I don't usually go above 2tsp so I may give that a try one of these days when I'm having a bad back day and see if I take a little higher dose (not enough to get the wobbles, of course)to see if that will help with some relief. Did you have any withdraws after you no longer needed it for pain relief?

Caption- It is so scary and I hope you and I never end up in that situation.

Sorry it took a bit longer to reply. I have been just resting and happy to say my body is healing and no kidney stones.
I truly appreciate everyone that replied.

Keep up the good work. I too am afraid of being in an accident and waking up on a morphine drip.

I remember severe acute pain

I sold the oxy/hydro -condone prescribed to me because it was too weak to touch the pain

Suboxone barely helped

And almost constantly I wanted to blow my brains out (I had a revolver then)

Indeed, a very scary situation.

Hi Wonderlost - no, I didn't have a problem stopping. Kratom is one of those things that I do off and on periodically through out the years and never had issues with. It helped me get through benzo and alcohol withdrawals.