• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

OxyContin wd

Adw2017

Greenlighter
I'm 25 years old. I was taking OxyContin for about 2 years when I was 20 and I decided to get clean a few years ago. It was a long 4 days but I finally did it with the help of friends. About 2 years later I Unfortunately fell back in the trap. I've been taking about 30 mg of OxyContin per day for the last year. I'm 100 pounds. Can barely eat. No exercise. No energy. I just want to get back to my normal self. I've been through the wd process many times due to running out and I am terrified to do it again. I wanted to ask about any ways you know of to help with the restless legs and no sleep. I have not been to a doctor and do not plan to do so. I'm tapering off now and the wd has already started slightly. I'm so scared. Help. Tylenol pm doesn't help me- I tried it a few years ago and I woke up from a 5 minute nap gasping for breath. (I had taken 3 Tylenol pm). I will have some cramps but not a lot and no vomiting. The sweats are just the worst part. Makes me not want to do anything at all. Restless legs is also a tough thing to deal with especially with my boyfriend having to sleep beside me at night. This time around I am by myself. My boyfriend and I live together but he has no clue as to what I've been doing and I do not plan on going to him for help or comfort. I want to do this alone and get it over with so that I can get back to my happy self. Our relationship has plummeted over the past year and even if I don't want to admit that my mind has changed- I know that it has. I get easily frustrated and upset with so many things that I used to not do. It's like I can't control myself anymore.

Immodium is the key! (loperamide)

Agreed. I withdraw often from 120+ mg a day and I can keep the physical symptoms away with loperamide, kratom, ibuprofen and NyQuil. If only I had the mental strength maybe I could actually quit this stupid habit.

Something like a benzo, gabapentin, phenibut, or pregabalin would probably be your best bet.

Is it the key even if I don't have upset stomach?

Absolutely! I can take loperamide and stop just about all physical withdrawals in their tracks. It doesn't help a lot with the restless legs and certainly doesn't help cravings but it helps just about everything else.

Since sweating is a big part of your fear, like the people above stated, clonodine, gabapentin, and pregabline will help with that a lot.
Even more so specifically clonodine will actually stop the adrenals from going crazy which makes the hot cold and sweating go out of wack , the pregabline gabapentin also help but different mechanism of action not so specific on the hot flashes and such.

Benzos help too but for sweating on the bottom of my list, for overall relief at the top so that's useful.

I'm sure you probably know most of this being experienced, but it's putting it into action that is the difficult part. Even I know eveything I need to do and have everything, but that actually makes it mentally more difficult for myself because I keep relying on the crutch of pills rather than my willpower to get through it.

I wish you luck, if it makes you feel any better I'm tapering off of benzos and gonna quit IV heroin half gram day habit so I'm in for a ride ! Yay!

Gabapentin about 2-3gs for me! Combined with loperamide, I almost forget I'm detoxing! I just use a little more loperamide than directed.

Of course you need an RX for this, but Lyrica...? Almost totally, 100% takes away WD symptoms for me. So if you had/can get a prescription for it or already have some on hand? You'd be looking at a 10X easier time than you'd be facing sans Lyrica. From personal experience, it's truly amazing just how dramatically those work when it comes to really severe opiate WD.