• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Oxycodone 300mg+ and 30-100mg Oxycontin Cold Turkey

n0rgaard

Greenlighter
Hi all.

Im kind of stuck and cannot function anymore, without the effect of oxys.

I cant decrease the dosis and believe the only possibility for me, is to quit cold turkey to get suboxone.

Would I be able to do this? The rehab center says no and that they dont want me to do this, but I know this is the only way. I cannot do anything unless i've got my dosis which is teletubbies for me, since i've already taken off about 150mg oxycodone.

So status is about:

300mg oxycodone a day
And
100mg oxycontin cirka, sometimes only 30mg contins..

I feel fucked..

What does that rehab offer?

Strange that they would refuse to give you suboxone or methadone.

What reason did they give? Are they just refusing to treat you?

If all answers are negative, how about finding a place that is affordable and can shift you to suboxone?

What does that rehab offer?

Strange that they would refuse to give you suboxone or methadone.

What reason did they give? Are they just refusing to treat you?

If all answers are negative, how about finding a place that is affordable and can shift you to suboxone?

It's not that they wont offer me suboxone or methadone, but they require me to taper down to 30mgs oxycodone first, because they don't want me to cold turkey from 300mg. But the thing is, I cant taper down that slowly, i'll fck up.. I had motivation to leave oxys to get withdrawals so I could her suboxone, but they think my dosage is too high for me to just drop it. They believe its dangerous for me, but I simply cannot understand why.

I don't want to sound deaf to your troubles, but maybe you can find the motivation with in-patient treatment?

I've already said no to the rehab team. I have two kids, I cannot function without them.

I've already said no to the rehab team. I have two kids, I cannot function without them.

If you're in the USA anywhere near a major city, you will be able to find a methadone clinic willing to cooperate with you. You will not need to taper to start methadone or suboxone. They generally start methadone at 30mg/day, which is probably enough to keep you semi-well, and you can increase pretty quickly. You'll probably have to go in 6 mornings a week, but it's short, and not anything like inpatient. However methadone is harder to get off of long term, so use short term or beware. Suboxone is available through private docs, or sometimes methadone clinics. Suboxone you don't need to taper but you will need to be completely sober, e.g. probably 24-36 hours without a drop of any opiates, or you will get precipitated withdrawals, which is absolute horror.

Last edited:
Hi all.

Im kind of stuck and cannot function anymore, without the effect of oxys.

I cant decrease the dosis and believe the only possibility for me, is to quit cold turkey to get suboxone.

Would I be able to do this? The rehab center says no and that they dont want me to do this, but I know this is the only way. I cannot do anything unless i've got my dosis which is teletubbies for me, since i've already taken off about 150mg oxycodone.

So status is about:

300mg oxycodone a day
And
100mg oxycontin cirka, sometimes only 30mg contins..

I feel fucked..
I'm in the same situation. They turned me down when I tried to go to Methadone clinic. They said that wouldn't be a good idea because I'm "high functioning" and the Methadone program is never ending. Plus They say the withdrawal from methadone is way worse. They suggested me to go into an inpatient rehabilitation center for 3 days or so. But I need 120-300mg a day very expensive. I went through withdrawal on vacation it was horrible. My mom thought I was sick. I'm 39 recent widow with a toddler and on and off hip and leg pant from sports and a car accident. I enjoy the comfort of oxys I don't even drink anymore. I love not having a hangover it's the perfect drug. But I think I would be better if I just had a regular doctor script. Now that I can buy asmuch as I want my tolerance is out of control. I use to only take 5 or 10mg but they only sell 15-30mg forcing my tolerance to rocket. I'm tired of buying them. But I don't see a way out. I need some sort of high.

It's not that they wont offer me suboxone or methadone, but they require me to taper down to 30mgs oxycodone first, because they don't want me to cold turkey from 300mg. But the thing is, I cant taper down that slowly, i'll fck up.. I had motivation to leave oxys to get withdrawals so I could her suboxone, but they think my dosage is too high for me to just drop it. They believe its dangerous for me, but I simply cannot understand why.

That's a strange predicament. Can you just tell them that you've tried to taper the oxy before but failed?