• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Oxy withdrawal thread!

Orange15

Greenlighter
Hi guys, I’m currently on day 2 withdrawing from oxy. I used to take between 60-80mgs a day for the past month. I’ve been a recreational user the past 6 years though and have been on and off the whole time. I know what to except for the next couple days as it seems like I’ve gone through this hundreds of times. Day 1 yesterday wasn’t so bad, I got a little bit of exercise is. Day 2 this morning I’m starting to feel it. I woke up at 130am and thought I’d be up all night but I took 1/3 of Xanax and that knocked me out into 615am and been up ever since. I’ve got one Xanax pill left I plan to split into two and use tonight and tomorrow night. I think the lack of sleep is what kills me while going thru the withdrawals so hopefully the Xanax can fix that. I’ll also be taking Imodium and Motrin through the day to feel better. I found in the past keeping a journal has really helped me so plan to write on here as well.
I’d love to hear from anyone else if they think there is something I should do or if they just wanna leave a note feel free!

Not dealing with opiates, but dope. Anyway, what always helps me is thinking about how at one point I lived completely unaware an unaffected by cravings and addiction. Focusing on that fact can make getting back to that time seem just a bit more do-able

Not dealing with opiates, but dope. Anyway, what always helps me is thinking about how at one point I lived completely unaware an unaffected by cravings and addiction. Focusing on that fact can make getting back to that time seem just a bit more do-able
Hey man. Thanks for the wise words. I def agree with that and will think of this going forward.
Btw I read your thread as well and loved the list you came up with. I feel like I can apply a good portion of that list too me. Just gotta fight through the next few days and hope these withdrawals subside.

To anyone out there. I’ve got a question regarding Xanax. So xanaxvususlly puts me to sleep. I have one bar left and on day two of withdrawals. So far I’ve taken Imodium and ibuprofen and have been going along pretty well. I’d love to be able to get some sleep tonight. I usually fall asleep easily but tend to wake up around 1/2am and unable to fall back asleep. This happened last night and I took a Xanax at 1:30am and was able to get back to sleep until 6am. So I’m wondering if I should take the Xanax before I go to bed? Or when I inevitably wake up in the middle of the night and can’t go back to sleep.

Hey man. Thanks for the wise words. I def agree with that and will think of this going forward.
Btw I read your thread as well and loved the list you came up with. I feel like I can apply a good portion of that list too me. Just gotta fight through the next few days and hope these withdrawals subside.
No problem, glad I could help my dude. Hit me up if you ever need someone to bullshit with to keep your mind off of shit.

To anyone out there. I’ve got a question regarding Xanax. So xanaxvususlly puts me to sleep. I have one bar left and on day two of withdrawals. So far I’ve taken Imodium and ibuprofen and have been going along pretty well. I’d love to be able to get some sleep tonight. I usually fall asleep easily but tend to wake up around 1/2am and unable to fall back asleep. This happened last night and I took a Xanax at 1:30am and was able to get back to sleep until 6am. So I’m wondering if I should take the Xanax before I go to bed? Or when I inevitably wake up in the middle of the night and can’t go back to sleep.

well here I am back at day 1.5. I ended up using a few more pills after the withdrawals came in and I started to feel them. It’s so sad, just a crappy circle that never ends. I’m hoping I’ve found something with taking Imodium twice a day. Hopefully that’ll reduce my symptoms. I just am so over this whole damn cycle. I find myself in it once a month it seems like.

well here I am back at day 1.5. I ended up using a few more pills after the withdrawals came in and I started to feel them. It’s so sad, just a crappy circle that never ends. I’m hoping I’ve found something with taking Imodium twice a day. Hopefully that’ll reduce my symptoms. I just am so over this whole damn cycle. I find myself in it once a month it seems like.
On day 2.5, actually feeling pretty good. I took a Xanax last night and slept pretty well. Berg surprised since I struggle to sleep when I withdraw. I usually have chills or diarrhea but I really haven’t had any of these. I’ve been taking Imodium during the day and I’ve been exercising a bunch. I’ve been going for 10+ mile bike rides like 4/5 times a day over the past two months so I’m wondering if that’s why I’m not being affected as much as I used to from these withdrawals.