• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

oxy vs hydro withdrawal

Vett

Greenlighter
So I recently went through months of hell coming off of oxycodone...
four months into I was really happy and feeling good. But my back left side starting hurting past the point that I am able to stand and I was forced to go back to my pain management doctor who gave me a script for hydrocodone 10/325... I have been taking an average of 3 a day for a week now. They definitely are no where near as strong as the OxyContin and oxycodones I was taking for years. But they do seem to be doing the trick.
Question is when I need to come off of the hydros will my withdrawals be as bad as last time? I mean I am not taking any where near the strength or amount I was taking before.
If I had to stop cold turkey all of a sudden would it still be as bad as before?

No one here can really say for sure but my guess is that it will probably be a bit better going off of the hydros vs. any oxy product. I mean it's logical and all but humans are funny creatures and sometimes you just don't know. I do wish you all the luck in the world though!

Maybe I wasn't taking a huge doseage, usually 10 hydros and 7.5 oxycodone, but they seemed about the same withdrawal wise. It sucked either way but I think it's more about doseage and duration on how the withdrawal will go. That is subjective of course and is just my opinion.

I?m currently at 3 hydro per day. Been taking for going on just over a week. Also drink some Kratom in the mornings but not too worried about that...
It?s crazy how quick it can take ahold of your life. But my pain in my side/back is still there. I don?t know what else to do. I have another app. With doctor on Monday and we will see how it goes. Problem I have now is I am back to work so I really can?t take a couple weeks off to come off of them.

I?m currently at 3 hydro per day. Been taking for going on just over a week. Also drink some Kratom in the mornings but not too worried about that...
It?s crazy how quick it can take ahold of your life. But my pain in my side/back is still there. I don?t know what else to do. I have another app. With doctor on Monday and we will see how it goes. Problem I have now is I am back to work so I really can?t take a couple weeks off to come off of them.
Hello Vett,
IMHO, I think you may feel a bit rough or odd for a couple days but If you've only been taking them 3x's a day for a week then it shouldn't be too bad at all. I know in the very beginning of my opiate usage (before I absorbed myself in all of it for a while and decided to quit), I started out taking a few a day for a week or 2 and then I would run out and the worst thing I felt was a bit tired and disinterested in things and maybe a nagging ache here and there but everyone is different and everyone's brain is wired differently, but that was just my experience with similar usage in the very beginning.
I hope it all works out for you:)
Good Luck

Honestly, on a scale from 1 to 10 (with 10 being, I think I'm going to die), my best guess is you'll probably experience a 1 or 2. I used to take 60 Percocets over a week or two and would just run out and I didn't have any trouble at all. Back then I didn't even know what withdrawal symptoms were. That's basically what I'm basing my best guess for you on. Good luck!