• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Oxazoline and Phenmetrazine analogues and the link to Phenethylamines

blueberries

Bluelighter
While looking at various Oxazolines and similar analogues, I tried to see if there was a link between them and phenethylamines. However out of the known Oxazolines there is precious little information to be found on them, especially the more obscure ones such as Clominorex and Fluminorex. It was even a struggle to find information on Aminorex itself but eventually I found a few posts that gave me the bare basics on dosages, duration and effects.

So I decided to use only the most basic compounds to compare against each other. What got to me, however, was the fact that Aminorex itself is 2.5x the potency of 4-MAR, while PEA has a significant difference in potency with up to 2g to feel effects (orally). I then remembered the MAO-B inhibitor combination, did a few searches and found that with an inhibitor and insufflated the dosage drops dramatically and lines up with Aminorex.

4-MAR: 5-10mg/4-6hrs -> heavy stimulant/medium euphoria (insufflated)
AMPHETAMINE: 20-40mg/3-5hrs -> medium stimulant/low euphoria (insufflated)

4'-4-DMAR: 20-40mg/3-5hrs -> low stimulant/medium euphoria (insufflated)
4-MA: 100-150mg/2-4hrs -> medium stimulant/heavy euphoria (insufflated)

AMINOREX: 2-4mg/1-3hrs (?) -> medium stimulant/light euphoria (insufflated)
PHENETHYLAMINE: 10-20mg/30m-1hr -> heavy stimulant/light euphoria (insufflated/mao-b inhibitor)

(I would give sources but there's so many (all now closed) the list of sites would stretch on forever! So just take my word for it!)

Therefore; Oxazolines are 4x as potent than Amphetamines, have a slightly longer duration and provide a heavier amount of each property. Therefore every Phenethylamine analogue (especially a-Methyl ones) should have the same link to the corresponding Oxazoline analogue. In addition such compounds as Phenmetrazine would have a similar effect.

The compounds; Thozalinone (N'-dimethyl-Pemoline) and Cyclazodone (2N-methcyclopropyl-Pemoline) could have potential in the analogues of Oxazolines to see how their groups on the second amine affect a regular Oxazoline. Pemoline itself could also be explored but I decided to stick with the more basic ones first. Additionally the compound Morazone could also be altered to produce metabolites such as 4-MAR and it's analogues.

Below is a few quick examples of analogues that could hold a lot of potential of not only being active and potent but also possible increased effects upon the 5-HT receptors. If the analogues above increase stimulation and euphoria effects then I don't see why psychedelic analogues of the Oxazolines wouldn't have increased affect upon the 5-HT receptors. Even if not, seretonin and dopamine release may help to increase the effects of the psychedelic.

TX4cn1p.jpg

All of this is purely theoretical though so if anyone sees any problems, please let me know. Also if anyone has any solid information on the dose range (and if possible; effects and duration) of Clominorex, Fluminorex, Thozalinone and Cyclazodone it would be greatly appreciated!

Therefore; Oxazolines are 4x as potent than Amphetamines, have a slightly longer duration and provide a heavier amount of each property. Therefore every Phenethylamine analogue (especially a-Methyl ones) should have the same link to the corresponding Oxazoline analogue.

well no, that's not really how that works. for instance methamphetamine is more potent than amphetamine but N-methyl-DOI is much less potent than DOI itself... or see also: the NBOMes. part of this is because PEAs can have a large spectrum of activity depending on substitutions.

i am not sure you would want to make aminorexes with higher serotonin affinity either... they were discontinued due to excessive 5ht2b agonism & hypertension, weren't they?

it would still be cool to see MDO-phenmetrazine or MDO-aminorex, even if it was just for laffs... or maybe napthyl-animorex...

Ahh yeah, the n-Methyl dead end. However none of these have an N-methyl (except the methamp analogue). They all work off the premise of PEA and amp skeletons. It's a bit of a gamble to see if these would display similar characteristics (and I did go a little overboard with analogues) but starting from the mesc analogue you could test for HT agonism then slowly go further. Plus you have an amine free to join broken rings. It's almost similar to the tryptamines. What if you put a dimethyl group on that empty amine (and before you say it I think it would vary a great deal from IDDNA) of aminorex?

If the Oxazolines did have psychedelic activity though, would that 2b agonism be reduced (like the stimulation in amps) and if not we'll have a few extra Bromo type drugs floating around. I'm not complaining as Bromo was incredible but the deaths would be a worry.

Also that's actually how I started off on this thinking. 3, 4-MDO-Phenmetrazine. Sounds wonderful! A little bird told me it's in the works so hopefully this year sometime :D

Last edited: