• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Overdose victim thought pills were 'fun'

there are so many dodgy pills around and so many potentailly deadly (in 1-2 pill dose range).

i had one a couple of weeks ago that felt so goddamn poisonous, i know it could have hurt a smaller sized person. felt like was burning up and i was (no thermometer sorry) burning up something shocking. had to get ice pack out of freezer and just lie down with them melting on me.

really hard core cardio-vascular effects as well, with the racing heartbeat. Dripping with sweat, powerful waves of yucky poison rushes that made me throw up often.

very short lived.

if i was was some drunk kid at the bdo i would have been toast.

Sucks to her about that mate. What pills where they? You should probably go over to pull
Reports and make a report on it as detailed as you can get to warn others. Glad you got through it ok.

You're referring to decriminilasation. It definitely has some merit, but my greatest fear with making it a non-criminal issue for the individual, would most likely make sale of illegal pills go up significantly without dealing with the more important (in my opinion) issue that is Resarch Chemicals being passed off as "Ecstasy" that are very often much more dangerous. For this reason I think decriminalisation can only work for plant drugs such as Cannabis and Magic Mushrooms, but would be destined to fail for Synthetic Drugs.

Yeah I see what your saying, that is why I mentioned drug testing in festivals etc. But there probably more likely to manufacture and sell the drugs themselves before basically allowing us to spew our money into the criminals hands for unknown and potentially dangerous chemicals

You're referring to decriminilasation. It definitely has some merit, but my greatest fear with making it a non-criminal issue for the individual, would most likely make sale of illegal pills go up significantly without dealing with the more important (in my opinion) issue that is Resarch Chemicals being passed off as "Ecstasy" that are very often much more dangerous. For this reason I think decriminalisation can only work for plant drugs such as Cannabis and Magic Mushrooms, but would be destined to fail for Synthetic Drugs.

TS, that's why we become Drug Education teachers. People being able to do their own Spectronomy quickly, easily and cheaply could lead to a higher quality a better regulated market.

oldred3s

they were pink with splits, pressed logo might have said "HQ"

also I must change my story a little, had 1.5 of these pills but either way they felt yuck.

^ i guess the point i'm trying to make is that if young people knew how to take drugs safely - ie the sorts of information we pride ourselves on making available at bluelight - this might not be such an issue.
yes, many people in their early years feel invincible - but maybe a couple of hundred mics of LSD will teach them to respect drugs and tread carefully.

Certainly worked for me

Yeah, i think the death rate wouldn't really climb if it was legalised, sure some people will always take too much of anything and risk their lives, but if the product was always clean of nasty other drugs and a set dose (not mega high and not really low either, like some pills are now, sometimes leading to an OD) then people would know that 1, or 2 pills would do the job etc. The product would have packaging that had warnings and HR info on it and incase of emergency call 000 etc. This drug is for over 18's only and things like that. And you could only buy a max of two a day or something, having to show ID and have it recorded.

I think the most at risk age would be younger kids than 18 in the 14-18 year range who got their hands on it illegally, just like some do with alcohol and tobacco products now. In my case I wouldnt buy much of it at all, maybe a few times a year, I'd feel alot safer than that the shit out there now and wouldnt have to test everything before having it.

I don't see this ever happening tho sadly. Not here, not anywhere.

But I agree that violence would probably go down... This is in todays paper -

Violence, booze a nation's shame as police prepare for Australia Day assaults

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/he...lia-day-assaults/story-fneuzlbd-1226559588345

It really makes me wonder if these so called huge rises in the youths taking drugs has something to do with this ridiculously backwards society we live in. Definitely a big lean, but it gets me thinking.

^ fuckin' A.
i don't think MDMA is really the greatest candidate for legalisation on its own, as there are plenty of recreational substances with better safety profiles. but kids need to know the truth.
yes, you can have a good time on drugs if you are careful - and it is also within the realms of possibility to have a bad - or a really, really bad time on drugs.
but with a bit of knowledge (purity/dosage of the substance and an adequate understanding of how that may affect someone of your body mass and what other general risks [ie with MDMA body temp and adequate - but not over- hydration are crucial]) these drugs kill very few people.
these are all really simple bits of information, but they are essentially kept hidden by all the propaganda we are fed, and of course the unregulated supply - which has not, even after a couple of years of drought - been stopped by banning the substance in question.
i hate sounding like i am politicising a tragic death, but the taboos around giving kids drug safety advice need to be broken down in order to prevent such things happening again.
who knows what the coroner's final ruling will be, but it seems to many people i speak to that this was an easily preventable death.
if police want to catch dealers at events, it couldn't be that hard - just watch how the crowd interacts. someone turning up with bulk stock and dealing out in the open will stand out like a sore thumb.
this sniffer-dog-at-music-festivals business only really snares drug users and is about as lazy and cowardly as "crime-fighting" gets.
do they take sniffer dogs to the melbourne cup? or the AFL grand final?
it's a cultural attack that doesn't save any lives - if anything, it risks lives.
it's the police equivalent of gutter journalism IMO.

as it is the festival season and all, i urge all bluelighters, greenlighters and lurkers to keep an eye on your friends as you party. if it looks like someone is in trouble, get them to a hospital - or an ambulance to them - as soon as possible.

Last edited:
It's easy money that's what it is.
"Like shooting fish in a barrel"

AUSTRALIA is earning itself a reputation for violence and drinking to excess because young people can't handle their booze, experts have warned.
Challenge accepted ;)

there are so many dodgy pills around and so many potentailly deadly (in 1-2 pill dose range).

i had one a couple of weeks ago that felt so goddamn poisonous, i know it could have hurt a smaller sized person. felt like was burning up and i was (no thermometer sorry) burning up something shocking. had to get ice pack out of freezer and just lie down with them melting on me.

really hard core cardio-vascular effects as well, with the racing heartbeat. Dripping with sweat, powerful waves of yucky poison rushes that made me throw up often.

very short lived.

if i was was some drunk kid at the bdo i would have been toast.
I highly recommend you make a report on the pills you had as it sounds like people should be warned, and if you want to find out what you talk sending one to Ecstasydata is always appreciated.

TS, that's why we become Drug Education teachers. People being able to do their own Spectronomy quickly, easily and cheaply could lead to a higher quality a better regulated market.
You're rebuttal is spot on and is single handedly making me re-think my stance on Decriminalization. If decriminalizing it would make testing at festivals or some shop/lab legal then it definitely can work... although I still think legalization is better, but that could just be cause I'm a greedy guts 8)

And lastly at Spacejunk at your last lengthy post, spot on again, if we had more people like you running this country I'm sure we would live in a much more healthier/nicer and probably economically superior country to the one we have. Kudos to you, kudos.

The sad fact is that this girl would not have consumed 3 strong pills (no doubt containing some meth or a heap of caffeine as well) if there wasn't sniffer dogs at the gates and WOULD have received life saving medical intervention even if she did, if 'authorities' pursued a policy of Harm Reduction instead of criminalisation.

Obviously, this beautiful young girl was not a criminal, simply a fun loving teenager. It is an absolutely tragic waste of life and should not be tolerated in a sane and conscious society. The easy way out is to blame the "drugs".

Decrim/legalisation can only occur safely after a well established campaign of harm reduction and education in the case of drugs like MDMA, which has not been consumed for centuries, unlike Cannabis which should have been legalised eons ago.

To the police (who are supposed to protect us from criminals and ourselves to some extent) keep your "friends" (law abiding citizens) close, and your "enemies" (in this case -young drug users) CLOSER if you truly want a win/win.

^ fuckin' A.
i don't think MDMA is really the greatest candidate for legalisation on its own, as there are plenty of recreational substances with better safety profiles. but kids need to know the truth.
yes, you can have a good time on drugs if you are careful - and it is also within the realms of possibility to have a bad - or a really, really bad time on drugs.
but with a bit of knowledge (purity/dosage of the substance and an adequate understanding of how that may affect someone of your body mass and what other general risks [ie with MDMA body temp and adequate - but not over- hydration are crucial]) these drugs kill very few people.
these are all really simple bits of information, but they are essentially kept hidden by all the propaganda we are fed, and of course the unregulated supply - which has not, even after a couple of years of drought - been stopped by banning the substance in question.
i hate sounding like i am politicising a tragic death, but the taboos around giving kids drug safety advice need to be broken down in order to prevent such things happening again.
who knows what the coroner's final ruling will be, but it seems to many people i speak to that this was an easily preventable death.
if police want to catch dealers at events, it couldn't be that hard - just watch how the crowd interacts. someone turning up with bulk stock and dealing out in the open will stand out like a sore thumb.
this sniffer-dog-at-music-festivals business only really snares drug users and is about as lazy and cowardly as "crime-fighting" gets.
do they take sniffer dogs to the melbourne cup? or the AFL grand final?
it's a cultural attack that doesn't save any lives - if anything, it risks lives.
it's the police equivalent of gutter journalism IMO.

as it is the festival season and all, i urge all bluelighters, greenlighters and lurkers to keep an eye on your friends as you party. if it looks like someone is in trouble, get them to a hospital - or an ambulance to them - as soon as possible.

Very well put spacejunk.

Anyone that say the drug sniffer dogs are to blame really need to take a hard look at themselves. The dogs arnt doing this as a hobby, theyve been trained by HUMAN beings in return for food and shelter. I for one seriously doubt they had any idea that their excelent sense of smell would lead to a teenagers life being taken.

But on a serious note, nothing.

There are a couple of things which stand out to me in this article. Firstly, of course the teenager thought pills were fun. Because MDMA and a handful of other psychedelic amphetamines and phenethylamines are fun, if they weren't people wouldn't take them. No amount of just say no can ever overcome the pure joy of real MDMA rushing through your system.

Secondly for gods sake everyone PLEASE BE HONEST with what you tel the ambos and doctors trying to help you. They NEED TO KNOW exactly what they could be dealing with. The response to a potentially high dose of MDMA or whatever other crap (
not pills are up 300mg in weight, 3 pills is nearly a gram of "something") was put in the pill is going to be a bit different to one 5mg dexamphet pill

Anyone that say the drug sniffer dogs are to blame really need to take a hard look at themselves. The dogs arnt doing this as a hobby, theyve been trained by HUMAN beings in return for food and shelter. I for one seriously doubt they had any idea that their excelent sense of smell would lead to a teenagers life being taken.

But on a serious note, nothing.

I don't anyone is blaming the dogs personally, just highlighting that their presence led to a decision from this teen, that she most likely would not have made if she was taking those pills in a society that was more tolerable and logical in it's approach to drugs.

Rest assured, no dogs were blamed in the making of this thread.

Legalisation will not make crime and death magically disappear, but as many countries have noted, decriminalisation and harm reduction can help reduce overdoses, death, disease, and many other issues that come from illegal drugs. Many people who overdose, particularly teenagers, are scared to call police because the drugs are illegal. Instead of sniffer dogs and police at raves, which has relatively little crime and violence compared to alcohol fuelled places, it would be much more helpful to set up some tents with nurses and paramedics.

I think that the world should move towards what Uruguay have done. Small possession of drugs for personal use is not illegal.

Last edited:
Portillo I think the problem with decriminalising possession is that it doesn't deal with the quality of the source. Perhaps if there was a government-accredited drug-testing program of some sort, but if they did that, they'd basically be allowing the business to continue, which means they may as well legalise, educate, regulate and tax.

I don't anyone is blaming the dogs personally, just highlighting that their presence led to a decision from this teen, that she most likely would not have made if she was taking those pills in a society that was more tolerable and logical in it's approach to drugs.

Rest assured, no dogs were blamed in the making of this thread.

hahahahahahahahhahah