• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos out of Ambien

Just a guy passing by

Greenlighter
Good day to all,

I have a question and i apologize in advance if this is not the correct thread for this question.

I have been prescribed Ambien (Zolpidem) 20 MG a night for 4 years. This month i acted stupidly due to some high stress from work and family and i took more than i am prescribed. I ran out and i cant refill until next Thursday (7 days from today). I am looking for some advice to minimize withdrawals and get some sleep. I have the following medicines available
1- Remeron (Mirtazapine)
2- Restoril (Temazepam)
3- Seroquel (Quetiapine)
4- Xanax

i am looking for harm reduction advice on which of these 4 medicines can be combined to get some sleep and reduce withdrawals. I truly appreciate any help and advice you could offer.

Thank you

You're all set, man. Xanax and Temazepam are benzos and should take care of most of any withdrawal symptoms

Both Ambien and benzos work on the same receptor, benzos should eliminate any withdrawal

Combining those drugs, such as xanax or restoril with your seroquel and remeron may make you overly drowsly, so only take what you need

I can't imagine you have any withdrawals with those meds. If I was you I wouldn't worry at all.

I'm not too familiar with ambien withdrawals myself, however I know ambien is sometimes given to people withdrawaling from benzos, they are very similar drugs.

Good day to all,

I have a question and i apologize in advance if this is not the correct thread for this question.

I have been prescribed Ambien (Zolpidem) 20 MG a night for 4 years. This month i acted stupidly due to some high stress from work and family and i took more than i am prescribed. I ran out and i cant refill until next Thursday (7 days from today). I am looking for some advice to minimize withdrawals and get some sleep. I have the following medicines available
1- Remeron (Mirtazapine)
2- Restoril (Temazepam)
3- Seroquel (Quetiapine)
4- Xanax

i am looking for harm reduction advice on which of these 4 medicines can be combined to get some sleep and reduce withdrawals. I truly appreciate any help and advice you could offer.

Thank you

.5mg of xanax might be crudely equivalent to 10mg of ambien in terms of hypnotic potency (and more potent in terms of myorelaxant potency, with 10mg of ambien having the myorelaxant strength of maybe .25mg of alprazolam).

1mg of alprazolam should cover 20mg of zolpidem.