• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

OUR CULTURE

StopPopNRoLL

Bluelighter
What I think of the Scene? Well lately what i have seen is a bunch of party kidds complaining about what has happened to our scene. Then i think about it , and it is our fault for what it has plummeted to.Many go to parties saying their supporting Their Music or Culture, but since when did doing Ecstasy,Meth,ketamine become a culture by its self. When i think of the word "Rave" i want other people (Public,News Reporters,Gov't and police to also think of a Rave as something Positive. Something Making people good individuals, and representing something that has a future. But as i see it we are going to see an end to it if it is only revolving around negative activity. Open your eyes! Theres gotta be some guide lines or rules to our parties. We gotta keep things more underground and to ourselves like the scene used to be. If you do ecstasy or other drugs BE SMART ABOUT IT, AND DON'T BASE YOUR LIFE AROUND IT!!! These negative comments from reporters we have created ourselves! The more high key we are about what we are doing , the more we are going to be hassled about it--If you are using the term PLUR just think about it Peace, Love,Unity,and Respect--Now days the rave scene doesnt represent any of these four aspects. I dont see peace when i see ambulance,and police pull up to a venue to rush someone to the emergency room for an overdose, i dont see Love for one another when shady people go into a party and sling fake drugs that may kill people,i dont see unity when it finally comes to a party being broken up and no one will stay there and take a stand for the promoters that put the event together for a bunch of kids, and i definately don't see respect when a friend will actually let a friend eat a pill that they have no idea what it is. JUst think about this , and you know im right. YOu may say, I'm Not THis Way!!! but who cares if all of us are supposed to Unite and represent this Culture----You're supposed to be a family, you alone may make a bit of a difference but its the knowledge in numbers that really counts
smile.gif

PLURR
Courtney

No your not right. Its not our fault that the rave scene has gone the way it has. If you think about it, and the way the world is, then you should be surprise that it lasted as long as it did.
l dont like it, there should be a movie or a stand or something done about the fact that no one knows what plur is beyond the underground raver. But the fact is that the media over dramatise everything and some people put making a buck over human life. (Geez! even the gov't does that!)
The sad thing is that the uncaring drug dealer isnt the problem, theres just this shitty dark part of life that makes them the way they are. A person goes through a lot of crap before he/she is uncaring enough to sell bad drugs. Look, l dunno what to do about it, but feeling sorry for the world aint going to help. Be happy for what u have, for ur friends, and live life as best you can. Thats what l think anyway.

you're right in some sense....yea the scene has lasted this long, and yes the news does overdramatize some things, but overdoses should be overdramatized...overdoses are serious. It doesn't matter if the person was stupid, didn't know what they were doing etc, etc. Overdoses happen to many people that support the scene , and they are the once ruining it. If kids would just become informed on what they are doing , there would be less risks. If we start doing more positive things for the scene, maybe the news wouldn't overdramatize. yes it is our fault why they overdramatize. They do it for a reason and there are many. They aren't doing this for no reason ya know? I'm not putting blame on every raver. There are smart ones, and there are uneducated ones.
If the smart ones help out more then we can educate the uneducated ones that don't know as much , or that are ignorant. This is my opinion fully. It may not be right, but who cares. But back with doing positive things to the scene.....Raves don't always have to be at night. If it is about representing your local dj's,promoters, or world known dj's ...then why does a rave always have to last until morning hours? it's because if a party lasts that long it gives users a chance to sober up until they leave the party.But doesnt this just encourage the use of these dance drugs??? I think it does. This is partially why Raves have a bad name. They are all night parties in a way representing the use of drugs. Call me stupid , but just think about it. just to give our scene a boost, maybe once in awhile we should hold a music or rave event during the day, or even to end at an earlier time...like even 2am or so. Like i said its about being there for the music, so why should it matter what time it ends. This would help out alot. Even security has become less tight on the drugs. Out of the 4 years ive been going to parties...in the last year security has shown to not care. on the fliers they don't allow backpacks, but when i get to the checkpoint, they allow me to bring one. The security aren't even trained , but only promoters of the party! This only makes it worse,letting off yet another negative point to give newscasters a reason to bitch and complain about what we're doing. The patdown searches arent enough to keep the drugs out of the party. It makes it easier for us to bring in the drugs. lately many kids have made a party an easy place to get rid of drugs, make a profit, and also have a good time. If only they would pop their pills, snort their shit, or bang it , or whatever before they come into our housE, then maybe it would be a lot safer. It makes me sick to think that many party kids come to a party knowing they can get what they want when they get there if their hookup falls through before. It also makes me sick to see young people snorting lines of dangerous chemicals in the bathrooms that arent even intented to go in our bodies! SO WHAT I AM SAYING IS....IF WE DO MORE GOOD FOR OUR SCENE(THE PEOPLE THAT REALLY CARE ABOUT IT) IT WILL IN FACT REFLECT OFF US ,AND START TO INTEREST THE STUPID ONES!!
CHeeRS AND LUV
cOURTNEY