• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Other heavy dxm users?

Eh, should be reversible. The brain is the organ of change.

Which can' t be said for all organs.
I agree with this’ll, I’ve never had brain changes that weren’t reversible, and Sam you can see, I’ve done a lot.
The only time I had difficulty speaking was while high, and thatneffect disappeared over the past decade.

I tried doing the agent lemon extraction, and it didn’t work, and I don’t know what I did wrong, and this site Doesent let you ask questions about extraction, so I don’t know where to go for help with that.

You can’t do a cwe with dxm

Eh, should be reversible. The brain is the organ of change.
I agree, all of our cells die and new ones take place. Lots of organs can heal. Kidneys are a challenge and said to either stay the way they are or get worse. I still think some healing can happen.

As I have said I never tried DXM but love reading the posts and trip reports. I have heard two people (at least online) that like DXM better than any other dissociative including ketamine. I can't comment.

A quick comment on acquiring. All of our actions reap results. It may be better to not create muddy tracks we have to clean up. When I was young I had no problem with lifting things. After a certain age I realize I never want to create that karma anymore. No judging, I just want people to stay well. I remember I worked at a country club and found $300 in a bag in the liquor cabinet. I took it, bought everyone acid and weed but had a bad conscience the whole night. So now if I saw that I would just leave it or alert the owner.

I agree with this’ll, I’ve never had brain changes that weren’t reversible
yeah, man, no matter what I wrote above, ya know, one day you might end up with reversible brain damage but not reversible in a human life-span so it’s better to be careful

I agree with this’ll, I’ve never had brain changes that weren’t reversible, and Sam you can see, I’ve done a lot.
The only time I had difficulty speaking was while high, and thatneffect disappeared over the past decade.

I tried doing the agent lemon extraction, and it didn’t work, and I don’t know what I did wrong, and this site Doesent let you ask questions about extraction, so I don’t know where to go for help with that.

You can’t do a cwe with dxm

Ah okay, I'm getting my extraction mixed up. Been a while since I hung out with the cough medicine kids, heh.

Asking questions about extraction shouldn't be a problem here though, not sure where you're getting that idea from. If you carefully describe what you did I'm sure people can help you catch the mistake.

When I was a teenager I used to do Triple C's all the time, my favorite dose was 480 mgs, 16 tablets, the most I ever took was 960 mgs, 32 tablets. I remember one night I ate 16 triple C's and then I woke up early the next morning and I popped 21 more of them and everything looked like a cartoon and the world and my environment felt smaller and I felt larger like a video game. I was in a total detached state of mind. But then I learned that the antihistamine in Triple C's along with the DXM can be very dangerous so in 2011 I stopped Triple C's and since then I've done Robitussin Gelcaps a handful of times, but I hts been years for me. I also started messing around with smoking PCP which feels similar to dxm

When I was a teenager I used to do Triple C's all the time, my favorite dose was 480 mgs, 16 tablets, the most I ever took was 960 mgs, 32 tablets. I remember one night I ate 16 triple C's and then I woke up early the next morning and I popped 21 more of them and everything looked like a cartoon and the world and my environment felt smaller and I felt larger like a video game. I was in a total detached state of mind. But then I learned that the antihistamine in Triple C's along with the DXM can be very dangerous so in 2011 I stopped Triple C's and since then I've done Robitussin Gelcaps a handful of times, but I hts been years for me. I also started messing around with smoking PCP which feels similar to dxm
Don’t you ever projectile vomit from the abuse deterrents in robo gelcap?

Don’t you ever projectile vomit from the abuse deterrents in robo gelcap?
I mean I never did, but I'm sure it happens to some people, it's also been 8 years since the last time I did them, so the deterrents could have changed

That’s back when I did them, so I know they had polyethylene glycol, polysorbate 80, or propylene glycol In them ( can’t remember which) they are lissted In the inactive ingredients, they are supposed to make you vomit and shit yourself uncontrollably, but some people barely react to them, others are hypersensitive. I’m hypersensitive from using them so many times

That’s back when I did them, so I know they had polyethylene glycol, polysorbate 80, or propylene glycol In them ( can’t remember which) they are lissted In the inactive ingredients, they are supposed to make you vomit and shit yourself uncontrollably, but some people barely react to them, others are hypersensitive. I’m hypersensitive from using them so many times
Shit I never knew that, but I guess I was one of the people who didn't get effected by it

I use around 500-1100 mg dxm xr every other day for the past two weeks, ive used it at dosages like this for others year straight twice, but I never have any health problems from it, besides withdrawal, it seems to be about as dangerous as amphetamines for me. I have to take clonidine with it because my blood pressure and heart rate go way up on it, other than that I’m good.

I hear horrible things about dxm, is it all just myths? Or does it just not affect me like other people? Is there any other people on bluelight who have used it as extensively as me or know some solid info about it, no rumors or “ this totally happened to my friend, he’s a glass of orange juice forever, and you’re retarded if you use dxm one more time” please
i’ve been in your shoes. i’m not going to say you’re fine because we don’t know the long-term repercussions of dosing like this but other than a few tourettes-like ticks developed , and crippling anxiety (probably from IV methamphetamine use not DXM) — i’ve walked away unscathed. i did get serotonin syndrome once from taking 2 grams and being on antidepressants which was not fun. so steer clear of ever using DXM with antidepressants. but other than that it doesn’t seem to be horrible for the body or mind as far as i’m concerned. this is entirely anecdotal though , so take what i’m saying with a grain of salt.

I have at times in my life been a daily user of DXM for extended periods of time. And tripped at least once a week from like 2013 until probably March or April of 2022, so nearly a decade. I know there are plenty of people who have taken it further, but I would consider myself a (at least one time) heavy user of DXM. At the beginning my doses were closer to the 500mg-600mg range, for a period probably hit over 1000mg regularly and then the last couple years of use I would pretty much always take 900mg every time. Though, do keep in mind my tolerance was, and is, insane.

I have not had any major health problems due to my use. I do believe that at one point I had an ulcer from eating such large amounts of pills on a regular basis. I actually suspect this is a common issue among heavy DXM users, just myself I've known three people who have had to have surgery to repair ulcers in their late 20s or early 30s and were also heavy DXM users. While this isn't specific to DXM, I suspect eating any pill in this amount and frequency would fuck up your stomach, I is worth mentioning.

My doctor runs blood tests twice a year on me and at one point during a heavy period of use my liver enzymes were elevated. I can't confirm this was because of DXM, but by the next time I was tested I had mostly stopped using DXM and my liver enzymes returned to normal.

Mentally, it's kind of hard to really quantify, what, if any (and I assume there is some) cognitive effects there've been. I was forgetful, clumsy, spacey years before I touched drugs. Am I still those things? 100%. Are they worse? It's so hard to tell, y'know?

One side effect I do get from DXM is urinary retention. Again, nothing I have confirmed or can say for certain, but there does seem to be some hesitancy with urination that was definitely not there before I abused dissociatives so heavily. (To be entirely fair though, I also was using numerous dissociative RCs during this period, as well as ketamine, so if there is any damage or effect there, it could be from that.)

The effects of DXM have changed over time, which I imagine is probably what a lot of people are talking about when they say that DXM "stops working" for them. I still enjoy the effects, but it's a lot different from when I first started.

Oh, I would also occasionally use CCCs. I know they're bad and you shouldn't and I'm not encouraging their use at all, but relevant imo, when I was regularly tripping on CCCs I had a much more significant cognitive decline. After I gave up the CCCs, that went away.

That's...pretty much any and all side effects that I can think of that I could possibly ascribe to DXM use. I won't say whether I think it's "safe" or not, but you can draw your own conclusions on that. I may think of another random thing or two and will update this post if so, but I believe I hit all of them.

Edit: Oh, not a side effect of use, but maybe a story that may help illustrate how dangerous, or not, DXM is. The discussion on pure DXM powder made me think of it haha. Basically I imported 100g a number of years ago and I was hitting it hard. Taking gram doses 1-2 times a night, every night. After nearly a week of this, I blacked out one night (as I was prone to doing at the time) and came to the following morning tripping harder than I've ever tripped. I looked at the bag and it was noticeably lighter, though the exact amount of DXM I redosed after my initial gram is hard to say. I felt like I was dying and was freaking out. I calmed myself down and decided to take a Seroquel to try and force myself to get some sleep and sleep it off. Got up long enough to tell my family I wasn't feeling well, popped 200mg of Seroquel and went back to bed. Slept 24 hours and I woke up tripping just as hard. I couldn't keep hiding in my room and quite frankly I was legitimately scared, so I told my grandmother what had happened and we went to the ER. They ran my bloodwork and checked me over and said that nothing was medically wrong with me. Knowing that much, I felt much more at ease and the remainder of the trip wasn't so bad but still lasted for far too long. After the hospital I was tripping for another week and then had an intense DXM afterglow that lasted another week or so. It spooked me, that was actually a defining moment in my life that made me stop being so self-destructive and reckless with drugs, but I was physically fine.

Last edited:
I have at times in my life been a daily user of DXM for extended periods of time. And tripped at least once a week from like 2013 until probably March or April of 2022, so nearly a decade. I know there are plenty of people who have taken it further, but I would consider myself a (at least one time) heavy user of DXM. At the beginning my doses were closer to the 500mg-600mg range, for a period probably hit over 1000mg regularly and then the last couple years of use I would pretty much always take 900mg every time. Though, do keep in mind my tolerance was, and is, insane.

I have not had any major health problems due to my use. I do believe that at one point I had an ulcer from eating such large amounts of pills on a regular basis. I actually suspect this is a common issue among heavy DXM users, just myself I've known three people who have had to have surgery to repair ulcers in their late 20s or early 30s and were also heavy DXM users. While this isn't specific to DXM, I suspect eating any pill in this amount and frequency would fuck up your stomach, I is worth mentioning.

My doctor runs blood tests twice a year on me and at one point during a heavy period of use my liver enzymes were elevated. I can't confirm this was because of DXM, but by the next time I was tested I had mostly stopped using DXM and my liver enzymes returned to normal.

Mentally, it's kind of hard to really quantify, what, if any (and I assume there is some) cognitive effects there've been. I was forgetful, clumsy, spacey years before I touched drugs. Am I still those things? 100%. Are they worse? It's so hard to tell, y'know?

One side effect I do get from DXM is urinary retention. Again, nothing I have confirmed or can say for certain, but there does seem to be some hesitancy with urination that was definitely not there before I abused dissociatives so heavily. (To be entirely fair though, I also was using numerous dissociative RCs during this period, as well as ketamine, so if there is any damage or effect there, it could be from that.)

The effects of DXM have changed over time, which I imagine is probably what a lot of people are talking about when they say that DXM "stops working" for them. I still enjoy the effects, but it's a lot different from when I first started.

Oh, I would also occasionally use CCCs. I know they're bad and you shouldn't and I'm not encouraging their use at all, but relevant imo, when I was regularly tripping on CCCs I had a much more significant cognitive decline. After I gave up the CCCs, that went away.

That's...pretty much any and all side effects that I can think of that I could possibly ascribe to DXM use. I won't say whether I think it's "safe" or not, but you can draw your own conclusions on that. I may think of another random thing or two and will update this post if so, but I believe I hit all of them.

Edit: Oh, not a side effect of use, but maybe a story that may help illustrate how dangerous, or not, DXM is. The discussion on pure DXM powder made me think of it haha. Basically I imported 100g a number of years ago and I was hitting it hard. Taking gram doses 1-2 times a night, every night. After nearly a week of this, I blacked out one night (as I was prone to doing at the time) and came to the following morning tripping harder than I've ever tripped. I looked at the bag and it was noticeably lighter, though the exact amount of DXM I redosed after my initial gram is hard to say. I felt like I was dying and was freaking out. I calmed myself down and decided to take a Seroquel to try and force myself to get some sleep and sleep it off. Got up long enough to tell my family I wasn't feeling well, popped 200mg of Seroquel and went back to bed. Slept 24 hours and I woke up tripping just as hard. I couldn't keep hiding in my room and quite frankly I was legitimately scared, so I told my grandmother what had happened and we went to the ER. They ran my bloodwork and checked me over and said that nothing was medically wrong with me. Knowing that much, I felt much more at ease and the remainder of the trip wasn't so bad but still lasted for far too long. After the hospital I was tripping for another week and then had an intense DXM afterglow that lasted another week or so. It spooked me, that was actually a defining moment in my life that made me stop being so self-destructive and reckless with drugs, but I was physically fine.
Holy fuck dude, you must have taken a bunch that night, over a week long trip? That’s crazy, I’ve never been able to find pure dxm myself