• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Other Drugs - the OFFICIAL FORUM POLICIES - READ FIRST!

PhreeX

Bluelight Crew
A few silly and confused people have been ranting and raving about how unfair this forum is.. they cry ASCII by the meg, and think I am the epitome of evil ..
I think a big part of the problem is that they think THIS FORUM is ran under the same guidelines that the rest of Bluelight is - well, this is NOT the case ..
I have decided to outline the policies that are specific to this forum, so, if your thread is deleted, it probably has something to do with one of the following - these are the "in a nutshell" definitions - if you want the full explaination then check the forum announcements, as they have all been outlined..
We will also elaborate on the official Other Drugs website (COMMIN SOON to http://otherdrugs.cjb.net)
Here we go...
Other Drugs Policy and Procedure
Revision 1.2.6,
Compiled 04.15.01
What we do NOT allow -
1) Pill ID's (ie "I have this pill that is stamped M 376, what is it?") .. we found that the volume of these is TO HIGH and that they benifit NO ONE other then the poster - rxlist is an option as is the local poison control .. any Pill ID threads are locked, however, if someone posts a SECOND thread because their first one was locked (they often do), I will DELETE IT as they are trying to persist ..
2) Price threads - we tried to do this, and there is even a OD sanctioned thread for it right now, but we were getting a LOT of "how much if a vial in chicago?" .. these were mostly dick sizing threads, and there are to many varriables to be accurate - I lock these, and again, if they post again, I will delete the second thread ..
3) Sources - I posted a huge explination in the announcements - I will lock any source requests, and if the person tries to circumvent by adding "please e-mail me" - I will DELETE IT so no one can actually send them a source..
4) Pointless "I got mad fucked up" threads - people like to post the story about how fucked up they got - there threads don't add anything, and usually take up space - I do these on a case-by-case basis, and usually lock, rarely delete..
5) Replies to locked or deleted threads - if it's closed and someone posts a "why was my post closed?" thread, I will (sometimes) e-mail them, and always delete the thread ..
6) This is a new policy - we don't allow "I found ____ in my moms medicine cabinet, how many do I take to get fucked up?" .. we had 3 or 4 of these a day.. kids asking if the conjucted estrogen pills they found will get them high - sorry, these are now being locked, rarely deleted (but its a new policy and I may move to deleting them)
We also are clamping down on shit that just takes up space .. we can give a little breathing room for "silly" posts and responses, but we have to pull the weeds to keep the garden neat!
If anyone has any thoughts on any of these, feel free to post a reply!
And remember, this forum is not your right, and you are a guest in our house - we are here to help everyone get the information.. if you do NOT LIKE THE WAY WE RUN THIS FORUM, then PLEASE LEAVE .. don't bitch because that wont do any good..
I have an "open door" policy, and if you're polite about it then you will get a response: phreex-at-epimp-dot-com .. IF YOU ARE ABRASIVE AND HOSTILE IN YOUR MAIL IT WILL BE DELETED (and maybe added to the website if it's funny) .. there is always the Other Drugs IRC channel - log on to paradise.bluelight.ru and join #otherdrugs ..
Mods - keep this thread bumped, and add your opinions too!
Thanks guys! You *ARE* what keeps us going!
-Other Drugs Management
------------------
"I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is: 'What are they in a position to do about it?'"

PhreeX -
Thanks. I hope people start to realize/respect you're doing this on your own time, I've seen a good many people be quite an asshole to you just because they think you're being unfair. Anyways, keep it up, this place is great.
To all the other mods, thank you too. And congrats SL55, your info has helped me out on more than one occasion.

so i guess all them stupid guys bitchin about PhreeX really don't know what's up.
poor dolts.
good job mods! keep it up!

it all seems fair enough, however what is wrong with asking for being mailed a source for a legal substance?

1) Whats wrong with asking to be mailed? Simple, then we would have everyone posting their addys.. it also defeats the purpose of having the policy if any idiot can make a post asking...
2) Idiots are idiots - if they are foolish enough to pop some unknown pills then sadly they must lay in the grave they have dug .. yeah, thats not really "harm reduction" but it has been getting out of hand having so many posts from people wanting to know if they can get high off the Synthroid or Naproxen they found.. like I said, search for it and if you find it's a narcotic, benzo, amphetamine, or other fun drug, THEN take the risk!
------------------
"I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is: 'What are they in a position to do about it?'"

I will be polite about my disagreements . I seem to get an attitude from others because i am a "green lighter" and I don't even know what that means. And I don't believe that certain people are idiots like the moderators think , I just think that they are ,misunderstood and that everyone should get respect .... how does being a moderator of a website make them "higher" then humans, i find it silly, but i think sometimes too much info is exchanged and that VICE might be able to use this site to fill in the "gaps" for thier investigations.

Phreex - you've got my respect in a lot of ways. And mucho kudos for being as active on the site as you are, but it would be my interpretation of an "other drugs" forum to discuss not just the fun stuff but to keep people from doing stupid things. Like the tag line says on the front page
"A place for the discussion of drugs other then ecstasy - questions, experiences, ANYTHING!"
Yes, people may ask ridiculous questions about how many asperin does it take to get high, but if you don't have the patience to answer such stupid questions - let someone else do it. While you are the most active and vocal mod in this forum, you aren't the ONLY mod in this forum. You are right, there are other places to ask the same questions (IRC, etc), and posting here is a privelige, not a right - but it is not YOUR forum to dictate. It is no more your forum (by moderating it) than it is ours (for asking questions and answering others). Just because you have the responsibility (you asked for it) to police it, doesn't mean the other mods/admins want the same laws you do. I trust you've discussed that aspect of running this forum with the other mods/admins. You may be burnt out on answering the dumb questions. There is no shame in asking a stupid question if you don't know the answer (as is the case with some of these people), the only shame is in not asking.
This site has people that are just learning about things, and they may have questions about OTC and perscription drugs. You have posted about getting perscription meds and the uses of them, so please don't slap the wrist of a newbie that just got their parents meds and wonder what it will do.
For the total inane questions, I could see locking the thread with a tag line about "Common sense dictates, this is not worth answering. You should know the answer to this already, and if you don't, please refer to www.pillreports.com, www.erowid.org, ((or list other sites like rxlist))." Don't delete them, just redirect them to find their own answers, or give thread a day or two to get answers from the rest of us or the other mods. If it still gets no responses, then lock it down with redirection.
The goal of the site was education. If you don't have the time or patience to give the answer, at least point them to someone who will. Other than that, please keep up the excellent work on the site and your advice/insight to the many wonders of pharmacueticals. I strongly agree with most of what you stated, especially about persistent threads and re-posts. And I commend you for the effort required for such an open door policy, as I know how much time that must take. Though you may not hear it often with all the bitching, you do have a THANKS, from me at least, for what you do here.
------------------
"Sometimes the best way to get someone to change is to become them for a minute." - Thanks liquidocean ;)

maximumhydro
2 things. a greenlighter is your title untill you have at least 15 posts. then you are a bluelighter.
secondly...
but i think sometimes too much info is exchanged and that VICE might be able to use this site to fill in the "gaps" for thier investigations.
Please don't threaten these boards. you're going to lose respect by making posts like that, not gain it.

And another thing. Say in some new fight against drugs the government wanted to shut down bluelight. What would our defense be? That we are helping people from harming themselves.
So if we're not going to help people (stupid though they be) on what pills not to pop, then we're not helping people from harming themselves.

What would our defense be?
Freedom of speech.
we are helping people from harming themselves.
I dont think so. It should be understood that all discussions here are of a hypothetical nature. If you claim that you are actually helping people then you're asking for all kindsa liabilty problems.

I have been meaning to modify the forum description on the main page.. as is, it is a little to welcoming and invites a number of things we don't need..
I don't think many of the things we disallow are not allowed for legit reasons - the source thing is obvious.. I can understand how some might see that restricting peoples questions on unknown pharmacuticals is dangerous, but I think that letting these things proliferate does more damage for the overall forum..
It should also be noted that these polices were created after input from other forum moderators as well - we have all been getting sick of of greenlighters asking how many Biaxin they need to take to get mAd fUcKeD uP ..
We are always open for suggestions though..
------------------

I am not threatening any board! I am clearly stating something that might a good idea to keep in the back of your mind. How do you think authorities have the info they have. Not from me. I am not downing this site. I think it is a good source of information when it is allowed to be but I was just giving my opinion which I thought was the purpose.

I am not threatening any board! I am clearly stating something that might a good idea to keep in the back of your mind. How do you think authorities have the info they have. Not from me. I am not downing this site. I think it is a good source of information when it is allowed to be but I was just giving my opinion which I thought was the purpose.