• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc OTC Meds that give a nice high?

brifkin33

Bluelighter
I am curious if there are any over the counter meds sold at major supermarkets and pharmacies that will give a nice euphoric high if ingested? Would appreciate a list. I know Robitussin is one. Any others?

oh no shit? i wasn't aware of that. that would have been nice. only otc shit I've ever known about really would be the cough and cold bullshit

Dextromethorphan is the only thing. Aside from benzedrex inhalers (propylhexedrine). When using dextromethorphan make sure the only active ingredient is dextromethorphan. Some of the cough gel capsules contain dextromethorphan only. They are 15mg each so a recreational dose starts at about a dozen. Don't mix with other drugs or prescription drugs (like antidepressants etc).

I am curious if there are any over the counter meds sold at major supermarkets and pharmacies that will give a nice euphoric high if ingested? Would appreciate a list. I know Robitussin is one. Any others?
Depends on your location Brifkin33 over here:

None/ nada. Ephedra got banned, DXM is since a few off the shelve and out of the drug bible. The same road Codeine went before my teen's, although that one is still in the bible of medicin.

None/ nada. Ephedra got banned, DXM is since a few off the shelve and out of the drug bible. The same road Codeine went before my teen's, although that one is still in the bible of medicin.
There's still plenty of "legal highs" in the form of various plants, like LSA, if anyone's interested.

DXM is the only "OTC" drug in the US you can get high on. I do not recommend it.

All of the good legal highs in the US are typically found in headshops or online or in someone's back yard garden

Dextromethorphan is the only thing. Aside from benzedrex inhalers (propylhexedrine). When using dextromethorphan make sure the only active ingredient is dextromethorphan. Some of the cough gel capsules contain dextromethorphan only. They are 15mg each so a recreational dose starts at about a dozen. Don't mix with other drugs or prescription drugs (like antidepressants etc).
benzedrex nearly always has be singing (literally) at its peak, but then checking myself into a hospital thinking im having a heart attack the next morning.

diphenhydramine is pretty nice in doses under 200mg. Used to enjoy the deliriant effects when I was a kid at like 300-450mg.

There's still plenty of "legal highs" in the form of various plants, like LSA, if anyone's interested.
I am interested in know more about LSA and where I can purchase it legally. Please let me know.

I am interested in know more about LSA and where I can purchase it legally. Please let me know.

Its a VERY common plant. Avoid pesticides. Its not something you should buy at the general store.

that's all we can tell you, we can't help you source here

The ban expired on ephedra didn't it? IIRC it got emergency-scheduled but it since expired, it seems like I've seen some products with ephedra in them quite recently.

The two big ones, as far as "legal highs" go, as previously mentioned, are DXM (which can be consumed in an unadulterated form through brands like "Dayquil Cough" etc.) and propylhexedrine, a stimulant most commonly known through the "Benzedrex" brand. Also LSA through morning glory seeds I guess. There are some even less pleasant options too, like "Triple C's" (Coricidin Cough & Cold, a combination of DXM and an antihistamine) or high doses of antihistamines like diphenhydramine or dimenhydrinate.

The ban expired on ephedra didn't it? IIRC it got emergency-scheduled but it since expired, it seems like I've seen some products with ephedra in them quite recently.

The two big ones, as far as "legal highs" go, as previously mentioned, are DXM (which can be consumed in an unadulterated form through brands like "Dayquil Cough" etc.) and propylhexedrine, a stimulant most commonly known through the "Benzedrex" brand. Also LSA through morning glory seeds I guess. There are some even less pleasant options too, like "Triple C's" (Coricidin Cough & Cold, a combination of DXM and an antihistamine) or high doses of antihistamines like diphenhydramine or dimenhydrinate.

Is the ephedra ban over??

Not in the Netherland's.

Forbidden since 2004, falls under regulation of medicine. But even in a pharmacy it's only found in certain OTC cough/ cold syrup's (Ephedrine or pseudo-Ephedrine).

But the other ingredient's among which Sorbitol (otherwise known as shit a water droll) basically makes it un-abuse able.

Burnt Offerings said:

Lucky american's, i watched 'Spun'.

With my capacities I'd be making Meth back then. But they got stricter in the US to since then.

Btw. My first easy multi quote, it worked!

Last edited:
Plenty of stores online, as for the effects, it's kinda like LSD? Maybe? Highly dependent on the individual, but some people swear by it.

If you live in the US order some phenibut OTC. It’s quite addictive and has some of the absolute shittiest withdrawals. A lot of fun to be had!

Or you could get some kratom OTC at head shops or likely any convenient store/gas station here in the US (although finding a good kratom source online is the ultimate end game there).

oh oh, don’t forget about poppers or nitrous oxide canisters (or get a few whipped cream cans and a big balloon)!

🧙‍♂️

Well if we bring in stuff that's legal and you can purchase online or in headshops, it brings in some better options...kratom IMO is better than anything I listed in my first post, but I thought the OP was more in the spirit of, what can I buy in Wal Mart that will get me "high", lol

Plenty of stores online, as for the effects, it's kinda like LSD? Maybe? Highly dependent on the individual, but some people swear by it.

Morning glory seeds are often sold in the gardening section of big-box stores like Wal Mart etc. Some of the seed packets have fine print warning against human consumption lol

I think so? I remembered the product I saw that listed ephedra as an ingredient, it was an energy supplement called "rhino rush"

rhino7.jpg