• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Oramorph & Baclofen

Delish1973

Bluelighter
Concerns for unusual behaviour

I am prescribed oramorph & Baclofen, I am opiate dependent for roughly 20+ years, I did taper down on Zomorph from 400mg daily to 120mg but the last 9 months I was prescribed oramorph

I think taking both the Baclofen 120mg daily with 60mg Zomorph & 45ml of oramorph is causing a reaction

From 7am just after taking it to 5pm my behaviour is absolutely normal, after that I start to:

Slap my chest
Clap my hands
Slap my thighs causing bruising
I make odd noises
Sleep walking such as standing (face side) against the wall
I fall of the bed when sitting
Sweat terrible

If I didn’t take Baclofen with the above dose nothing would happen to me. My partner has taken videos of me which is very distressing to see! I’ve even been admitted into hospital for such erratic behaviour. Sometimes I’m ok if I take just under 45ml of oramorph

Is anyone else aware of taking both these medications & causing strange behaviours

I am prescribed oramorph & Baclofen, I am opiate dependent for roughly 20+ years, I did taper down on Zomorph from 400mg daily to 120mg but the last 9 months I was prescribed oramorph

I think taking both the Baclofen 120mg daily with 60mg Zomorph & 45ml of oramorph is causing a reaction

From 7am just after taking it to 5pm my behaviour is absolutely normal, after that I start to:

Slap my chest
Clap my hands
I make odd noises
Sweat terrible

If I didn’t take Baclofen with the above dose nothing would happen to me. My partner has taken videos of me which is very distressing to see! I’ve even been admitted into hospital for such erratic behaviour. Sometimes I’m ok if I take just under 45ml of oramorph

Is anyone else aware of taking both these medications & causing strange behaviours

That is a huge dose of baclofen. I just started taking baclofen (at far smaller doses than what you're consuming) to help taper off phenibut and taking more than 20mg at a time makes me pretty dizzy. Granted it is ontop of phenibut so the effect of that 20mg is stronger for me than someone not on phenibut.

In any event, if you are spending 10 hours a day in a baclofen induced delirium you need to communicate that with your doctor. But on the flip side, you must be in pretty bad shape for doctor to have you on all that baclofen to begin with.

That is a huge dose of baclofen. I just started taking baclofen (at far smaller doses than what you're consuming) to help taper off phenibut and taking more than 20mg at a time makes me pretty dizzy. Granted it is ontop of phenibut so the effect of that 20mg is stronger for me than someone not on phenibut.

In any event, if you are spending 10 hours a day in a baclofen induced delirium you need to communicate that with your doctor. But on the flip side, you must be in pretty bad shape for doctor to have you on all that baclofen to begin with.

I think I wrote my dos down incorrectly
I take 6x10mg tablets =60mg daily
I started on 5mg Baclofen 18 months ago & yes u kinda feel drunk. It helped me massively cope with withdrawal feelings I was having when I tapered down of my Zomorph!
Anyway my dose increased in the hope it’s effects would still be felt. 60mg euphoria slowly dwindled to nothing roughly 18 months later

5mg Baclofen soon became 10, then 20.
My high kinda dwindled

I think I wrote my dos down incorrectly
I take 6x10mg tablets =60mg daily
I started on 5mg Baclofen 18 months ago & yes u kinda feel drunk. It helped me massively cope with withdrawal feelings I was having when I tapered down of my Zomorph!
Anyway my dose increased in the hope it’s effects would still be felt. 60mg euphoria slowly dwindled to nothing roughly 18 months later

5mg Baclofen soon became 10, then 20.
My high kinda dwindled
I was given 10 mg baclofen when I started going to pain management a few months ago and when I got home I Googled them cause I never heard ( I search every new medication before starting them ,Google” baclofen withdrawal “ and take a peek …delusions,hallucinations are listed of things you can expect …

I was given 10 mg baclofen when I started going to pain management a few months ago and when I got home I Googled them cause I never heard ( I search every new medication before starting them ,Google” baclofen withdrawal “ and take a peek …delusions,hallucinations are listed of things you can expect …

The way I feel nothing beats morphine withdrawal when u have taken it for 20+ years
Even 3 hours late into taking your dose you feel like death
I’ve tried to stab myself going 12 hours without it, head butting walls, hurting myself

I’ve been 12 hours not taking Baclofen & was ok

I have experienced delusion, psychosis hallucinations and very strange behavior from phenibut which is an analogue of baclofen

very strange class of drugs in high doses, bad news

The way I feel nothing beats morphine withdrawal when u have taken it for 20+ years
Even 3 hours late into taking your dose you feel like death
I’ve tried to stab myself going 12 hours without it, head butting walls, hurting myself

I’ve been 12 hours not taking Baclofen & was ok
For me kicking methadone and benzos was way ,way worse then kickin smack , smack is over in 10 days while mthadone and benzos is just peaking at 14-21 days and continues on for months…

Good luck..

But why when I take 45mg oramorph 60mg Baclofen 60mg Zomorph do I exhibit strange behaviour maybe 9 hours later

Slap my chest
Clap my hands
I make odd noises
Sweat terrible

Baclofen is bad news my doc gave it to me and the warnings about baclofen were horrific,delusions,hallucinations….