• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Opioid Contract

Bijoox

Greenlighter
Hi, I have not taken my morpine (15 mgs As Needed) in 6 days but am due a urine test. It will be negative. Will this violate my opioid contract? Thanks

Yes, your pain meds contract works a few ways. Your test should be positive for the opiates you are currently prescribed. If you don’t show the prescribed opiate at an acceptable and expected level (a level that indicates you’ve been taking your opiate as prescribed), your pain doc will suspect that you are selling your drugs, or that you’re taking too many during the early days/weeks of your 30-day prescription.

This (taking too many causing you to run out of your pills early) is also not great, because pain docs will often opt to do surprise pill counts, and either ask you to come to the office to see how many opiates you’ve taken at this point in the month, or, if you’re mostly doing telemedicine appointments, your doc will ask you to get your pill bottle and count out the number of pills you have left at this point in the month, via FaceTime or Zoom.

Your test should also be negative for any opiates that are not being prescribed by your pain doc. The only acceptable reason you can test positive for an opiate that your pain doc didn’t prescribe is if you were given the drug while in the hospital, or given during or after an outpatient surgery/procedure, either at a hospital, ambulatory surgery center, a clinic where procedures requiring post op anesthesia is given, or at an oral surgeon’s office.

And you will be in real trouble with your pain doc if you’ve filled a script for an opiate that was prescribed by another doctor.

I ran out of the meds 6 days ago but my refill date was 10 days ago. I was away and couldn’t get the pee test. Should have said so originally. Thanks all for your replies!

I ran out of the meds 6 days ago but my refill date was 10 days ago. I was away and couldn’t get the pee test. Should have said so originally. Thanks all for your replies!
So you used your bottle in 4 days of getting it. Now it’s been 6 days that you haven’t had any. When is your next pee test? I don’t know how long morphine stays in the urine maybe someone else can chime in on that.

If your rx is as needed and your pee test comes negative, you could claim that you haven’t felt the need to take any? but as others have pointed out there’s a chance your doc might think you’re selling it. :/

Last edited:
Yes, in fact the docter has more of a chance of taking your script away for having none of the drug in your system, than having very high amounts of it/other opioids in your system.

This is because other than heroin most opioids/opiates sold by dealers and such are obtained by pain patients who then sell them. Because of this docters take any evidence of s patient doing this very seriously.

Take your dose now, and if something goes wrong and they accuse you of selling them or coming up short of pills just show them that you still have the pills you havent yet taken.

Hopefully all goes well!

:)

Never refilled the rx.
Oh man dont be trippin then, if its as needed than as long as you have any amount of it in your system your fine. Just take half of one 6 hours before the appointment and your all goofld