• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Opinions on eating food on psychedelics?

My vegetarianism started off from eating meat very stoned on pot.
16 years later, i havent had a change of heart - and eat very little in the way of dairy products either.
It's interesting how these states of altered consciousness can bring about thought patterns that can diverge radically from how we normally think - and stay with us, or return to normal as the high dissipates.
Not wishing to derail this into some vego (or anti-vego) rant, but i consider cannabis to be psychedelic in many ways, and it has had some pretty profound effects on me.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one, thanks everyone! It's very interesting indeed. I'm always curious about what I'll learn about myself with every trip. =D
I dipped into one of my Xmas presents, and learned dry cereal, chips, or anything crunchy like ice can be pretty satisfying.

Eating is good because it is yummy and I think it keeps your mood and energy level up.

I hate coming down into a body that has not been properly fueled for hours.

I love to eat except if the psy is making you sick/throw up. It's not really hunger but the fact it's a new sensation. Fruit and other lighter food is good for a start. But if you feel like eating a roast pig, go ahead. Same goes if you don't want to eat. Just do what feels good.

LSD & 4-AcO-MET give me the munchies unlike any other drug. Both of those two psychedelics make me so hungry during the first hour to three hours of the trip that I HAVE to eat quite a good amount of food, preferably fruit. Otherwise I feel shakey/uneasy. I don't know why this happens to me these days because when I first got into psychedelics they always seemed to decrease my appitite.

It's interesting to learn everyone's opinion on the matter.

I admittedly have a love-hate relationship with food, and I cycle a binge-starve pattern diet (I don't hate food at all, but I hate my lack of control when it comes to eating). Anyway, the two weeks prior to our last trip, I was preparing for finals and doing marathons of adderall and coffee and not eating much more than a cup of oatmeal a day. When we tripped, we ate a brownie on the come-up, and I think that really put us in a foodie mood. We did some other things and went for a long walk, but it was about five hours into our trip that we both agreed we were hungry (possibly from the weed we smoked) and unintentionally and unknowingly started binging. You'd think the lockjaw and un-stretched stomach of mine would prevent me from eating as much as I did, but the sensations of taste conquered all, haha. When we ran out of food in our house, we had to struggle to distract ourselves from ordering more because we knew we'd regret it in the morning as it was, and boy did we. I had a terrible stomach ache the next day, but proceeded to eat more than I should since then.

I just love food!

LSD & 4-AcO-MET give me the munchies unlike any other drug. Both of those two psychedelics make me so hungry during the first hour to three hours of the trip that I HAVE to eat quite a good amount of food, preferably fruit. Otherwise I feel shakey/uneasy. I don't know why this happens to me these days because when I first got into psychedelics they always seemed to decrease my appitite.
I find the "munchies" on psychedelics impossible to ignore. So much more intense than on cannabis, and i imagine it might be related to blood sugar as it often seems to result in shaky/lightheaded feelings.

I can't believe nobody has mentioned grapefruit!!!! Not only is it the best tripping food to eat but it boosts the positive vibes of the trip. People always say orange juice, but seriously grapefruit juice is so much better for trips. If you are not a fan of sour, do not worry, mushrooms seem to remove the taste of sour and replace it with sweet.

Jesus eating grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice on mushrooms is the one of most explosive dopamine rushes I've ever felt. The grapefruit literally makes me burst out in [very loud] laughter from the amount of dopamine that is surging through me. My friends and I would buy the best tasting red grapefruit juice available and do shots once the trip was peaking--a fantastic feeling to say this least. My girlfriend and I would even take shots of grapefruit juice right before and during our mushroom sex, some crazy experiences..

Most fruits are AMAZING for mushrooms or also great for mescaline (can't really speak for LSD, only had the opportunity for that once), the best IMHO are these in order: 1) grapefruit 2) Strawberries 3) Kiwi 4) raspberries.

Basically any food you like will be amazing during a mushroom trip. Even simple boring meals like peanut-butter sandwiches are amazing on mushrooms, I would always bring a loaf of bread and peanut butter into my mushroom woods adventures, to me having food with you while tripping is as essential as having cigarettes lol. I think most experienced mushroom users would agree it is in a sense you experiencing life at that moment with everything you perceive magnified to crazy intense levels (depending on the dose). My hypothesis is that mushrooms intensifies the dopamine you normally experience from eating food, thus making it taste infinitely better. I hope I persuaded one or two of you to try the grapefruit juice on a shroom trip.

P.S. don't form hamburger patties while tripping. Did this once, forgot what I was doing, and thought I had a malleable brain in my hands. Hope this helps.

I don't know how you people do it. I tried to chew a stick of gum once when I was tripping. Somehow it just turned into powder in my mouth and got all stuck between my teeth. I had to rinse it out of my mouth with water to get it out of my teeth. It was gross. Eating food? Not gonna happen. Unless it's soup. Maybe soup. Or maybe one bite of fruit that I instantly regret, takes me 15 minutes to chew and still feels like it's stuck in my throat for the next 6 hours.

I once spent about an hour agonizing over my one slice of very delicious pizza (the rightfully revered Disc-O Pizza for anyone who does Ohio festivals) during an intense acid trip. I hadn't eaten in over 12 hours and my stomach demanded sustenance, but the whole chewing and swallowing thing was just horrible. I was laughing at myself the whole time though, the situation was just so absurd.

I think this is a matter of personal opinion and also depends on the trip. The first time I ate mushrooms I initially felt quite sick as they started to come on however another hour in and I had a craving for food. Trips can evolve and change and it really just depends on your mood and emotion at specific times during the trip. I would say if you feel hungry and are craving food then eat I've found it tastes amazing the majority of the time.

I recall eating a pizza bun on 2c-t-7 years ago. I could taste everything in it, the wheat, yeast, cheese, tomato, spices. It was delicious and it took me 20 minutes because I was totally absorbed in the experience.

And then after a 120mg insufflated DPT trip I felt hungry as an elephant. Not just hungry, it felt like my blood sugar was out of whack or something.