The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Opiates, Oxycodone - Alaska, USA → Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

kahn-zany

Greenlighter
I’m currently a resident Alaska and have a prescription for oxycodone. I’m a quadriplegic, had a Spinal Cord Injury a little over a decade ago. Prescription is for chronic pain. C’mon doc, give me the good stuff. 🤪 I got a broken neck over here.

Anyways, Last year they cut my prescription down by 25% because of new state laws regarding limits on opiates and morphine milligram equivalents (MME). Sucks.

I used to get: (120x) oxycodone, 20mg every 30 days.
Now I get: (90x) oxycodone, 20mg every 30 days.

My question is, does anyone know if Las Vegas has a limit on oxycodone prescriptions? Like maybe because of something similar to what Alaska does with limits opiates and morphine milligram equivalents (MME) units.

I’m just asking since I get my stuff through a prescription + medical insurance, since I don’t work anymore and can’t afford H or other more effective DOC’s anymore.

I wanna put Alaska in my rear view, ready to ditch these cold, dark winters. Swap -20°F (-29°C) weather for the Las Vegas desert. Haha.

I'm not sure re: the question in your OP, just wanted to say hello to another resident of the greatest state there is. 907 24/7, AK all daaaaaay ;)

I definitely sympathize regarding the reactive and counter-productive measures regarding prescribing...they've occurred within the context of the national "opioid epidemic" but ultimately only serve to hurt legitimate pain management patients