• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opiate tolerance question: going from dependant to recreational use

M0NSTER

Bluelighter
I was a daily injection opiate drug user for a few months, and would definitely identify as a chaotic or dependant user (ie waking up dope sick, shooting up 5+ times a day). I went on a month longer bender and subsequently went cold turkey/took a tolerance break for just shy of 1 month.

Now that I am not using daily and had a break, I want to be able to use opiates recreationally. I no longer am using fentanyl or street heroin, and am limiting myself to dilaudid. I take about 4mg of dilaudid every 3 days, which is nothing compared to what was dosage once was.

What I'm wonder is: am I giving myself enough of a break in between using? Should I stretch it out and use only once a week? Will my body become physically dependant and build a significant tolerance again if I am using every 3 days?

Any insight or experience welcome, I would love to be able to use opiates recreationally again.

Sorry to not give you a straight answer but I think this is something you need to find out for yourself as I'm sure your aware your unique biological make up makes it impossible to say although you could look for the average but I think your better off just testing it and working out for yourself with some trial and error after all you gotta stick your finger in the bath to make sure it's not to hot.

I'm just wondering if anyone can throw their two cents in. Has anyone gone back down from dependant use into recreational use? Tips? Timelines?

Every 3 days is too often, you will develop some dependence doing it so often, I would cut back once per week strictly.

Even better would be using it 3 days in a month and only 3 days of you use it in a row no doing 2 days waiting then 3 if you did this way using on the first 1-3 days in the month then taking a 2 week break use for another 1-3 days take another 2 week break etc do it that way maybe it and could help let us know either way

I have not known many individuals who can go from dependent use to recreational. I tried this for years and would always go back to banging everyday. Especially if you went to the edge like I have with IV dope and fent...I always turned back. Sometimes it would take months, sometimes years, sometimes weeks, but I always went back to the worst. It?s just not worth it.

Thank you everyone kindly for sharing your advice and experiences, I am very grateful. I’m going to take a weeks break

One more thing the needle, it's so bad and plus you don't even need it it's chasing that rush that got you their in the first place(no disrespect) so why not smoke it or do it rectally your tolerance won't increase as quick and you will actually find that if you haven't used this this roa in a while it will effect you more

I was a daily injection opiate drug user for a few months, and would definitely identify as a chaotic or dependant user (ie waking up dope sick, shooting up 5+ times a day). I went on a month longer bender and subsequently went cold turkey/took a tolerance break for just shy of 1 month.

Now that I am not using daily and had a break, I want to be able to use opiates recreationally. I no longer am using fentanyl or street heroin, and am limiting myself to dilaudid. I take about 4mg of dilaudid every 3 days, which is nothing compared to what was dosage once was.

What I'm wonder is: am I giving myself enough of a break in between using? Should I stretch it out and use only once a week? Will my body become physically dependant and build a significant tolerance again if I am using every 3 days?

Any insight or experience welcome, I would love to be able to use opiates recreationally again.

Unless you have superhuman levels of willpower... Then before long you'll be back to where you were sometime ago... Using everyday. :(

Good luck ;)

Not many people stick to using opiates recreationally, at least not for too long. With respect, the odds say you'll end up with a serious habit again. If you're ok with that, to actually answer your question, I'd say no more than once per week. But I feel ridiculous answering without telling you that limited or "scheduled" opiate use just doesn't work. I've tried it, I've seen people try it. People fool themselves into thinking they can control it, because they want that high. Wanting that high is precisely why controlling use doesn't work for long. But I sincerely wish you well.

One more thing the needle, it's so bad and plus you don't even need it it's chasing that rush that got you their in the first place(no disrespect) so why not smoke it or do it rectally your tolerance won't increase as quick and you will actually find that if you haven't used this this roa in a while it will effect you more

I have used opiates in every way possible, rectally, orally, insufflated, smoked etc. shooting up is just financially better for me in this moment. but i will consider switching to occasional shooting