• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opiate/opiods went from paws back to acute, how??

ColoradoBoy90

Bluelighter
Opiate/opiods went from paws back to acute, how?? Okay so I have been off ANY form of opiods for over 3 weeks now. I was on hydro/oxy from pain doctor for a good 5 years before tampering down with kratrom. I actually quit kratrom COLD TURKEY, 3.5 weeks ago. The first 3-4 days I had classic WD symptoms but Zofran took the worst part away. Oddly the restless legs magically vanished, I somehow did not experience it when stopping cold turkey (yet I experienced it EVERY NIGHT) if I did not take enough Kratrom. Extremely odd.

Fast forward 10-20 days into stopping cold turkey. The Acute phase is over. Now paws is setting in. I am tired. Lack motivation. Etc. But some days I randomly get the chills, large pupils, diarrhea, constant yawning, urge to vomit, etc. I still kept pushing on and did not take anything.
Fast forward 3 weeks with zero opiates and yesterday and also today I am having classic acute WD - the chills, large pupils, violent yawning, extreme fatigue and any strong smell makes me want to vomit. I do not understand. How after 3 weeks of quitting cold turkey does the acute like symptoms suddenly come back, in random waves? It is definitely WD. As I woke up every morning in WD for 6 years so I know what WD is like... but it makes no sense to me.
Can Kratrom do that? Can the sludge from the plant build up in your system and somehow cause it to have delayed WD? Or something?

The worst part is now I am working and am feeling horrible at work (new job, in training) and having these acute WD symptoms suddenly coming back is going to make it impossible at my new job. I am almost tempted to go back on a tiny amount of Kratrom until I finish work training, as this just sucks. Cannot lose this new job. But can not afford to be going through acute WD like symptoms 3 weeks after stopping it....honestly I am just lost now on what to try or do. The extreme fatigue/violent yawning, urge to puke, coughing, unable to stand any strong smells - makes me unable to work properly...

Last edited:
^
Also forgot to mention I got down to around 1 TEASPOON daily for like a week before quitting it cold turkey.
I still do not understand how 3 to 3.5 weeks later I suddenly am having acute WD symptoms. The paws sucked, but having acute symptoms also weeks later making no sense.
I guess I give up. Will have to go back on small amounts of it. I cannot function being this WD sick, and I cannot lose my new job, so FML, I will have to go back on ultra low doses of Kratrom.
Dammit. I just do not understand. I quit it cold turkey almost a month ago, purposely while I was not working. As I knew I was likely getting a new job (career of a life-time) and sure enough I did. But now suddenly 3-4 weeks later this WD is coming back with both acute AND paw symptoms...
It?s definitely acute Withdrawal symptoms along with paws. No question. I just do not understand how it is possible to suddenly reappear weeks after stopping...
How... why? Why... why

Hey OP, no advice but having same issues randomly but everyday-cold sweats, chills, watery eyes, and yawning still at 33 days in. I just wanted to check on you and see how you’re doing. Congrats on the new job, though that certainly makes it harder too. I’m starting to think that “classic withdrawal timelines” aren’t always the case when you get into individual drugs, length of use, and pharmacodynamics of the user. I think it just takes longer in some people and wish it wasn’t true.

Quitting Kratom after prolonged use (even for just a few weeks) can leave you with classic opiate acute w/d symptoms.

Also, I always feel worse after exercising. I couldn’t figure out why but my guess is that my revved up metabolism maybe enhances breakdown of stored drug byproducts in fat cells that possibly triggers some sort of receptor reaction? Orrrr....maybe certain receptors are just on different timelines in how they down-regulate. I went to a sauna one time bc I heard it would help get the drug toxins out faster and the whole night and next day I felt like I was in day 1 withdrawal again, but then felt better the next day so I don’t know. Hoping it gets better for you either way.

It will get better, just hang in there. I've experienced this too when quitting a multi year habit, some wd like symptoms will continue to come back in waves even after the initial acute phase is over. Your body is still fighting to return to homeostasis after such a long time taking opioids, it's gonna be awhile before you are 100% back to normal but keep at it, it will go away completely. Just make sure you are staying away from all opioids including kratom otherwise any relapse is just going to prolong this misery even more.