• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

opiate newbie mix and match info

learning49

Greenlighter
Hi I am a newbie with opiates, and have a few questions regarding a few different types and dosages ect. I have a nice inventory that has been accumulating for some time so figured time to put them to recreational use. I have 10mg and 5mg hydrocondone, also 5mg and 7.5mg oxycondone. are they both basically in the same family. The oxy is the more powerful right, based on having used both for pain in the past. I found that the 7.5 oxy was pretty nice in terms of relieving the kidney stone pain and I felt pretty nicely buzzed as well. so with that as sort of a bench mark how would the others rank in terms of strength and relative dosages? I also have 50mg tramadols, I know these are not true opiodes so I dont plan to mix them but what dosage woud be a nice buzz.
I also have a number of ativan and xanax, should those be kept separate from one another? Finally some of these are way past date but my thought is that they are probably just not as strong, a phamacist once said the main reason for the date is for potency. I plan on just having some fun on weekends ect keeping my tolerance low so as to get the most bang out of them. Any advice would be greatly appriciated.

Welcome to the site, I have moved your post from Pillreports to 'Other Drugs' where it is more appropriate.

Thanks

With low or no tolerance, 15-20 mg of hydro is a nice starting point. If you're liking how you feel on 7.5mg oxy, no need to increase that and raise your tolerance for no good reason. Tram is different altogether, IMO. Some people get nothing or very little out of it. Others like myself, I'll take it over Oxy any day of the week. 100mg of that and I'm comfy for 6-8hrs. Tram w/d's can be absolute hell.

Oxycodone is about 1.5x the strength of hydrocodone, so bear that in mind when figuring out your dosage. It sound like you plan on only taking 1 or 2 pills at a time, which is good, but if for some reason you take a handful, be sure to do a cold water extraction. You want to keep track of how much apap you're taking, and do not want to exceed 3,000mg in a 24 hour period. Also take the benzos and tramadol, separately from the oxy and hydro.

- Hopeless Soul

I just wanted to add something quick, you should be aware of the addiction risk associated with these medications. Most addicts started off exactly like you, taking small amounts of hydro's, only on the weekend. They slowly progress and convince themselves that they can take it during the weekdays, and are mentally strong enough, not to become addicted. Do not fall into this trap! Opiates are stronger than 99% of people. They work subtly, and creep up on you. One minute youre an occasional user, and the next, you're fully physically dependant on them. It happens to even the best of us, so just be careful and proceed with caution.

- Hopeless Soul

I just wanted to add something quick, you should be aware of the addiction risk associated with these medications. Most addicts started off exactly like you, taking small amounts of hydro's, only on the weekend. They slowly progress and convince themselves that they can take it during the weekdays, and are mentally strong enough, not to become addicted. Do not fall into this trap! Opiates are stronger than 99% of people. They work subtly, and creep up on you. One minute youre an occasional user, and the next, you're fully physically dependant on them. It happens to even the best of us, so just be careful and proceed with caution.

- Hopeless Soul

Ain't that the truth I was raised in strictly conservative "if i find out you drink or do drugs we will throw you out" kind of upbringing and I thought I could control it, but its sneaks up on you faster than diabetes on a frequent fast food muncher. Do yourself a favor and think hard on this before you try

thanks for the info regarding the cold water extraction. I was aware of the apap issues but didn't know how to deal with it till now again thanks.

thanks for the info regarding the cold water extraction. I was aware of the apap issues but didn't know how to deal with it till now again thanks.
. You're welcome bud, this is the epitome of BL.

- Hopeless Soul

Just a follow up. I have been spacing out my usage so I am getting a nice relaxing experience. I do look forward to having a bit of time to myself and kicking back. So far I am only doing the hydrocodone haven't gotten around to the oxy yet. I can see the appeal now. Because all of my past use was for medicinal reasons I never really paid that much attention to the high. At any rate thanks again for all the info.