• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

OPIATE ADDICT QUITTING

Cbk1013

Bluelighter
Currently using 60mg oxycodone daily(snorting 95% 0f the time) and want to stop and Ive come to the point that AA or Na almost does more harm then good. Ive tried several times with AA and my longest sobriety time was 3 months ....I've done it alone with my longest sobriety time 5 years no program or help and some other short stints 9 months being the other longest with no help or program. I keep my usage relatively low for opiate addict but it consumes me and is a horrible way to live. It really comes down to stopping and waiting it out as the body heals and I don't believe AA or NA has some secret. I do believe it works for some and is great for the daily reminder but I almost feel like I'm bad or it's a penalty of some sort and I just don't like going and I really don't want to talk to people there and I don't feel like I connect and Ive tried several times and several different meetings. Ive been fortunate enough not to encounter any real problems in addiction besides hurting myself mentally. I wish I could keep my usage down but it always creeps up on me and before I know it II could easily be up in the 100mg daily but when it starts going there is when I pull back and try to quit and lower my dosage back down. 51 years old and frustrated and vey confused on what the right process is for quitting. I do believe quitting could lead to a happier life and it feels right in my heart but I struggle to do it and stay stopped. Little bit all over the place but I think others like me are out there and I would love to hear from you. Thx

Last edited:
Currently using 60mg oxycodone daily(snorting 95% 0f the time) and want to stop and Ive come to the point that AA or Na almost does more harm then good. Ive tried several times with AA and my longest sobriety time was 3 months ....I've done it alone with my longest sobriety time 5 years no program or help and some other short stints 9 months being the other longest with no help or program. I keep my usage relatively low for opiate addict but it consumes me and is a horrible way to live. It really comes down to stopping and waiting it out as the body heals and I don't believe AA or NA has some secret. I do believe it works for some and is great for the daily reminder but I almost feel like I'm bad or it's a penalty of some sort and I just don't like going and I really don't want to talk to people there and I don't feel like I connect and Ive tried several times and several different meetings. Ive been fortunate enough not to encounter any real problems in addiction besides hurting myself mentally. I wish I could keep my usage down but it always creeps up on me and before I know it II could easily be up in the 100mg daily but when it starts going there is when I pull back and try to quit and lower my dosage back down. 51 years old and frustrated and vey confused on what the right process is for quitting. I do believe quitting could lead to a happier life and it feels right in my heart but I struggle to do it and stay stopped. Little bit all over the place but I think others like me are out there and I would love to hear from you. Thx
Taper it down and jump off. In same
Process myself - made it to 15mg once daily, I’ll keep tapering to 5 and the. Jump off