• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe On suboxone and used for 5 days... Will I have to wait 24 hours to induce again?

thehamtaro

Greenlighter
Basically I fucked up big time and started using again after being on suboxone for a couple weeks... I used for 5 days with a minor habit of say .2 or .3 a day...

Will I have to wait the full 24 hours and go into full withdrawal before I can induce again?

Im so scared, I took my last dose of some strong number 4 heroin around 2 AM. The time is currently 11:40 AM

How long will I have to wait in order to take my suboxone again?

I feel like my shoulders have ants crawling on them, very minor restless leg, but anxiety is killing me.. Im tired of being hooked on this drug

The only hope I have is when Im able to get back on my suboxone.. please help me, can I go the 12 hours and induce again?

Any info is needed please!!!

Well the Suboxone experts AND pamphlet say that to wait a minimum of 12 hours sknce your last use of an opiate (excluding methadone)..
I've done this 12 hour theory and it works MOST the time, it wont throw you into full blown PWD, but you might tet minor WD symptoms.

I find waiting at least 16 hours is obviously safer, 24 hours is guaranteed not to feel any WD symptoms.

I say, go as long as you can.. But wait AT LEAST 12 hours or you're fucked.

I made the decision to just take it at 12:11 to throw myself into PWD and get it over with... I went into a very very minor PWD and took a hot shower, right now I'm laying down feeling good after starting with 2mg at 12:11 and another 2mg at 1:15... I am so happy... I really hate putting myself into that predicament. I guess the suboxone was still in my system? or did I not use enough in the last 5 days? Very weird, I thought I was going to have to score or go to the hospital if the PWD was bad enough.

I made the same goofup. Was on a suboxone taper and got down to 2mg once daily.. Relapsed on H for about 5 days like you and had no problems with PWD inducing suboxone again, I did wait 24 hours, but I noticed I screwed my suboxone tolerance up and had to go back up to 4mg (2mg twice a day). In my naive mind, I thought I could just go back to 2mg, but I had a night of sweats and RLS.. a 2nd dose of Suboxone cleared that up. I'd say about a week later I dropped back down to once a day at 2mg.

I would recommend 24 hours.. 12 hours might give you a bit of PWD... and be prepared you might not be able to go back to the same Suboxone dosage you were previously at. However, I was at 2mg per day as I mentioned, which is considerably a small dose. You did not mention what dosage you were at.
I've luckily not experienced PWD (knock on wood), but I hear it's pretty nasty stuff and toughing out the rest of the day in minor WD may be the lesser of two evils.

EDIT - I didn't read your follow-up post.. I guess you went for the PWD. Question though - Are you still maintained at previous Sub dosage you had prior to the relapse?

I actually was doing 8mg a day, I know that's more than necessary but I wanted to give myself a chance to really try and quit. I was on 8mg every day, dosing at around 2PM every day. On Sat was the last time I dosed with Subxone.

Today I only waited about 10 hours, and started off with 2mg so that I wouldn't go into crazy PWD but it ended up just giving me some minor jimmy leg and ants on my shoulders. I took a hot shower to get rid of that RLS and while in the shower I dosed with another 2mg of suboxone. By the time I got out, I felt fine... A little uncomfortable but that went away after smoking a ciggy and a bowl of good old weed.

Right now I haven't taken any since, I feel okay, no craving, no RLS, I'm actually even very hungry. I might take the rest of the 4mg before I go to bed later and continue my original regiment.

BTW- PWD is absolute hell... I waited 35 hours and still went through PWD when I originally got onto suboxone... Had to go to the hospital for that one, I was almost seizing and shaking more than ive ever gone through in my life.

Damn I'm jealous of everyone's fucking tolerance.. And I mean EVERYONE.
I'm Rx'd 24mg Suboxone a day, and even on 24mg I get the sweats, restlessness, and insomnia.
My tolerance is beyond fucked up.

That doesn't make any sense Methacodone!!! Obviously we still get very minor RLS and even insomnia, but are you getting it at the same capacity as you would during WD?

My original Suboxone induction I toughed out roughly 100 hours (4 days).. I was coming off the lovely H/Xanax combo and that evil combo causes a disruption in sleep, to say the very least, I didn't sleep for 5 nights straight and went into full psychosis. Had I not gone the 4 days of WD, I would have been inducted at more than 2x the dose, but so much of the H had cleared my system and I was put on a measly 6mg. I had considerably lowered my tolerance, but man.. I paid for that one.

That doesn't make any sense Methacodone!!! Obviously we still get very minor RLS and even insomnia, but are you getting it at the same capacity as you would during WD?
SADLY YES.

Proof? Ok.
I would smoke Heroin on top of my 24mg dose, and boom. Sweats are gone, restlessness gone, and I sleep like a champ after. UGH

Oh man that sounds awful... Even after stabilizing on the suboxone, you have a continuous WD every day?

Ya man. It's awful, I guess my body NEEDS a full agonist Opiate to stabalize and work properly

Hello Jared, my name is Gina and I currently work as a nurse (yes, it happens) I have been on Morphine and Oxycode for well over 13 yrs due to injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident. Anyway, as you know the RX is never enough (expecially after a couple years on the same doses) I dont have anyone to buy them from, I, like you , need to keep my issues on the DL. So always 2-3 wks into the month I am on empty and in bed. I am soooo frigging sick of this. My question, how is that Narcoxi working for you? Still doing good? I am considering ordering the 90 supply (the research told me the it is set to become a schedule 1 naco Sept 30 meaning we cant get it w/o a script. Arrggg) So before I throw my money that direction I wanted to touch base and see how your doing....

Thank you Z, I am just desparate to find something I can live with. I am friggin sick of feeling like a low life everytime I fill my pain meds, and trying (in vain) to explain to a medical professional the concept of "building up tolerance" over the corse of 13 friggin years!! The thing that kills me is I could have C here in 30 mins from several different friends (why does no one I know have pills, lol) but I cant get the pills I need legally. Sooooo done. Thoughts have crossed my mind in the last few months that...well lows I never thought I would know. My nickname among my fellow riders is "sunshine" lol. If they only knew...I feel like I am dieing.

yes...i do the same thing as you..ill be on subs for a month then use for a week...its much better if you wait 20-24 hours ..trust me from experience

I've struggled with chronic pain issues for almost 20 years now due to severe spinal stenosis, hip fractures and arthritic knees. I've posted on here before in the opiates section regarding various opiates, their effects, ways to obtain them, etc. and through the years I feel like I rode those highs and lows that go with opiate addiction. I've done the "big H" only 3 times, for some reason I always preferred pills to the concentrated street version.

Anyway, about 5 months ago I was at a point where I was being prescribed 180 Percocet a month. 6 a day as far as my doctor knew but needless to say I would take 12 to 15 a day because I had built quite the tolerance. I'd run out early, rely on poppy tea, Kratom, and lots of klonopin to make it to my next refill date.

I finally contemplated the gravity of the situation, and just accepted that it was a cycle I needed to change or things could potentially spiral further out of control so I visited a physician that prescribed suboxone. I was straight forward with them, told them about how these cycles took a toll on me. I didn't feel like I hit "rock bottom" or anything I just didn't want it to get to that point, yet I still needed to address my pain issues. They tried me on buprenorphine First, then the next month suboxone instead. I told them I wanted to stick with the buprenorphine since it was much cheaper to fill the script than suboxone (which isn't even covered on my insurance plan) my dosage is 16mg per day - 8mg twice a day.

Making the switch had no real Ill effects on me. Obviously buprenorphine isn't as enjoyable as oxy but I stuck to it and just deal with the excess pain.

However I still have a bottle of about 100 percs leftover from the day I made the switch. And I'd really like to enjoy those leftover percs. So I guess I'm wondering if someone had any advice as far as how long would I have to be off of buprenorphine at that 16mg per day dose before the percs would even have an effect on me?

Also, after I would finish off the bottle how long would the percs stay in my system since I do have to take a piss test every time I pick up my buprenorphine script? Also, would being on this consistent dosage of buprenorphine for almost 6 months affect my opiate tolerance? Any advice would be much appreciated

Last edited:
SADLY YES.

Proof? Ok.
I would smoke Heroin on top of my 24mg dose, and boom. Sweats are gone, restlessness gone, and I sleep like a champ after. UGH

Given the much higher affinity of buprenorphine than morphine and 6-MAM and long dissociation time from the receptors, I would argue that it's impossible for heroin to work on top of 24mg of buprenorphine like you describe unless you take way way too much of the former which would be life-threatening as the magnitude of effects would be extremely hard to control. Perhaps you don't hold buprenorphine pills long enough under your tongue or something impacts absorption, but either way what gets absorbed from that big dose of 24mg must be far less than it should be. That means you could potentially get buprenorphine to work better for you.

Hello all, I've been reading and thought that someone might be able to help me out here.I've been on methadone maintenance for 17yrs , that's what the clinics call it, anyway went off and started taking Kratom which really helped amazingly!! Not as good for my knee pain, but tolerable. Anyways I have a abscessed back molar and I got some loritab 10, and when I took one it made me sick!! Even half made me feel awful! What's up with that???? And I'm also having a problem where the Kratom is just not doing it for me like it use too!! And I'm really hating that!! I've switched up strains, all what I've been told to do, nothing working, In so afraid of going back to same ole SHIT, for I know my body and mind needs it. Any Suggetions????? Would Greatly appreciate it!! Thanks!

I dunno? It makes you sick so... dont take it? Take a lower dose of it (split in half)? Im not really sure what youre asking. You alone know whats best for your body.. right? If its making you sick straightaway that means somethings terribly wrong aka your mdone tolerance is so high for so long that even a bit over what youre used to makes u sick. Im not sure what you are asking. If you want advice like for real for real advice, just take a few aleve or ibuprofen along with your daily methadone for the wisdom tooth pain and start tapering mdone even if its just by lowering 1mg a week.

If you happen to take it an get sick take more. I know it will be hard but that's what I use to do when I would fuck around... I would try and sleep or whatever AT LEAST 12 hours then take a good piece.

Methacodone-- How long have you been on bupe maintenance?? It took me a while after using full agonists to fully adjust to only bupe maintenance. I think using H on top of the bupe is only going to slow down the adjustment. But then I don't know how you are feeling the H at all on top of 24 mgs bupe.