• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

On my last lunge on the way to sobriety. Advice for GHB.

HQCDestrukto

Greenlighter
I've previously asked BL what order i should've quit my quadruple addiction
Heroin, crack, crystal & GHB (not GBL)

Thread 'Quitting multiple substances' https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/quitting-multiple-substances.893296/

Finally made it to the G, got rid of all 3 and it feels good. But I know, the G is the king of them all. Tried going cold turkey before realizing i was physically addicted. Didn't last more than 6hrs...

But know, I've slowly been tapering off, went from 7ml doses to managing 1ml doses every 2hours. Actually getting sleep without having to dose multiple times a night. Clonazepam is giving me some decent help managing the symptoms since I jumped from 3ml to 1ml per dose.

What's BL's opinion on minimal dosage before just quitting full on cold turkey?
I've been hitting G for 3 years every few hours.

My tolerance would be monstrocious (try to drug me in a bar? It'll cost you your paycheck and I'll end up raping you) this is a joke. All jokes aside, i do not support rape nor getting someone high without consent. Never have, never will

So as of RN, I'm on day 3 of practically ingesting 5ml MAX per day, maybe less, on 1ml dosage. Sometimes 2hrs in between, sometimes 6hrs.

I use a 0.5mg Clonazepam that i break in half as to get 0.25mg dose that I would take every 6hrs and I do believe it's playing large role in my body not completely shutting down.

My question is this BL:
  • What is your opinion on when I can take the leap and straight up go withouth G and Klonopin?
  • Should I wait for a certain daily ammount?
  • Should I wait until I drop to 0.5ml or less?
  • Anyone has gone through this total W/D process?

NB: not looking into substitution like pheni. In fact. I want to reset my system as to be able to do it recreationally and have that awesome tingling sensation, you know, like in the good ol'days ;)

Ib4 someone says: blabla ml-grams and shit. Yes I know, I've been a top of the line cook for a while. I'm just looking for tips, experiences not lectures on the compounds. Just a ball park idea. Pretend my G is the G you have

NB: not looking into substitution like pheni. In fact. I want to reset my system as to be able to do it recreationally and have that awesome tingling sensation, you know, like in the good ol'days ;)
You wouldn't believe how common it is to have this particular type of mindset. For majority addicts it's an unrealistic option. There might be a few people who are able to pull this off but they are an exception to the rule. It is too ambitious to even think you might be one them (extremely slim chance anyway) at the point where you haven't even stopped taking it. Try being sober for at least a year and then you might be able to realistically consider are you able to take it recreationally or not.

You wouldn't believe how common it is to have this particular type of mindset. For majority addicts it's an unrealistic option. There might be a few people who are able to pull this off but they are an exception to the rule. It is too ambitious to even think you might be one them (extremely slim chance anyway) at the point where you haven't even stopped taking it. Try being sober for at least a year and then you might be able to realistically consider are you able to take it recreationally or not.
I get what your saying. Been there multiple times with success. Smoking smack or crack very recreationally is no issue, and ghb will be the same.

The question was mostly directed towards when or at what dosage would quitting G without to many side effects. Wasn't really enquiring about a pissing contest on if i can or cannot do it recreationally again. I know I'll have to take a break that's for sure. Get out of that relationship and back in the friendzone,

from the sound of it the good ol' days might be long gone if your brain works similar to mine otherwise what do I really know without a medical license?

I get what your saying. Been there multiple times with success. Smoking smack or crack very recreationally is no issue, and ghb will be the same.

The question was mostly directed towards when or at what dosage would quitting G without to many side effects. Wasn't really enquiring about a pissing contest on if i can or cannot do it recreationally again. I know I'll have to take a break that's for sure. Get out of that relationship and back in the friendzone,
The friendzone? You are talking about using a drug like this? Ok hope you find what works for you but that is a red flag for me.

Do you still smoke crack and smack?

You ain't gotta answer me but I see what I am trying to do get you in the recovery boat I learned I should be getting in over years and years of rehabs that planted a huge field of seeds in me maybe sry this is about you and I will not come back in here to piss on your goals of moderating use and wanna wish you peace and wellness before I vacate the premises 😜

Last edited:
Finally got rid of Smack, Crack, Meth and now on 2 weeks without G. I tapered off during a few months and used Clonazepam to deal with the first 5 days of symptoms.

Now the issue I have is, I am soooo tired all the time. I've been spending almost everyday in my bed. I lift weights everyday in the hopes of giving me energy, tried swimming, tried lowering antidepressants 300mg Seroquel to 150. I'm just lacking energy like crazy it's horrible.

Laying down I'm sooo comfortable, i get this lil energy boost, go out to have a smoke, then boom, tired, nausea, anxiety and i just wanna go back to bed.

Anyone else had this? Any tips or tricks? Tried coffee but that just aided anxiety and my jaw started shacking fml. Sober life ain't that fun for now that's for sure