• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Okay, stupid question, but...

molestomp

Bluelighter
This might sound like a stupid question, but I have an argument over my friend, and I want to see who is right. If you were to eat marijuana, would you get high? I say no, unless you cook it because when you cook it, the THC crystals are released, thus you get high. Just like when you smoke it, so can you or not?

Ok i got a story. I dont smoke pot, But i use to sell a lot of it. One day i had my last eight of nugs that i was having trouble getting rid of. I had already made my money back then also profit. So i had this idea. Make a shamrock shake and put all the bud in it. I did and i drank it. It hit me faster then i thought. Had a nice body buzz. I was high( a different high, more body then head) for a long time. Im not sure how long cuz i started drinking and well you know how that goes. So yes it does work. The thc doesnt have to be realesed cuz your stomach will break it all down and digest in anyway. I think

Im pretty sure it works, but you need to eat allot to obtain any effects. The cooking methods work much better.
------------------
"Everything is nothing, and emptiness is in everything"

yeah it works to a we bit. but you need to eats lots of it. the heat realeses the thc n therefor ya get wasted
bTs

woah, slow down folks....
The heat in cooking the bud does NOT release the THC. If anything, the heat destroys some of the THC (obviously not most of it, unless you're scorching your food).
It is the mixing with oils that release the THC and allow for better absorption into your system. That is why nearly all of the recipes that deal with marijuana always have you simmer your pot in butter or oil. For example, with pot brownies, step1 is to take the butter or oil that you're using and simmer the pot (finely ground, a coffee grinder works well) in the butter/oil. The THC is lipid (fat/oil) soluble and therefore the THC goes into the butter/oil and is easily digested by your food.
It is for this reason that the prescription THC is suspended in Sesame Oil.

How about everyone post their best pot recipes?
------------------
"I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is: 'What are they in a position to do about it?'"

Another thing accomplished by cooking is decarboxylation. Depending on climate , and time of harvest, some weed contains more THC acid (non-psychoactive) than THC. The acid is converted into THC during combustion or cooking. So usually cooking increases potency.

If you are really lazy.
Then put the weed in with your butter and boil it.
The fat soluble THC will go into the butter.
Then you can put the butter on toast. Then eat the toast.

How much weed and butter do you need to boil it? I'm not exactly sure how much I have left but a nickle($5 worth, not a lot at all) sounds about right, would that be enough for 2 people to feel anything?

...sprinkle LSD...HAHAHHA! A pinch of 2C-B too!!!
Anywho, eating marijuana will get you high, but you must eat a very large amount of leaf and bud to get a good buzz. Not worth it.
That's why we cook our marijuana, sans stems and seeds. If you like your brownies crunchy leave them in.
Now, if you using commercial dirt, I suggest using about a quarter to half ounce per brownie cake mix, or whatever mix you buy.
Take your herb, chop it finely, and cook/simmer in the suggested amount of oil/butter until the smell of herb fumagates the kitchen, don't burn/overcook!
Follow the steps on the box, however, when the recipe asks for the oil/butter, use your precooked THC oil.
My fav is rice crispy treats with THC oil!
------------------
'Phoney McRing Ring'

CuriousCub - In answer to your question - yes. In real life I am a very rude and condescending person, anyone who knows me will verify this fact. However - I try to ensure that when posting on this board I leave my attitude "at the front door" as it were.
If on this (or indeed any other occasion) I have failed to do this then I sincerely apologise.
In regard to this specific topic - I thought that the idea of sprinkling LSD onto weed brownies was PROBABLY a load of old bollocks. But rather than post an outright flame, I thought it would be more appropriate to express my disbelief as a rhetorical question. The reason I feel it to be unlikely that space cakes would be made by sprinkling LSD onto a weed brownie is that any pot high would be completely blown away by the acid trip.
Once again, if I have offended you then I apologise, and rest assured that was honestly NOT my intention.
------------------
Everybody asks yer name
they say you're all the same
so now it's nice one, Geezer
and that's as far as the conversation went
[This message has been edited by MrGeezer (edited 11 May 2001).]