• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Octopamine info please

shiam

Bluelighter
I have been searching the net and still cant seem to find the info I'm looking for:

Is there anyone out there who knows anything about Octopamine as a psychoactive eg:

dosage?
routes of administration?
interactions with other drugs?
Toxicity?
how it actually works?
etc etc?

I am wondering because it has started to appear in some legal party mixtures and I would very much like to know more about it especially with regards to any possible interactions with other drugs such as MDMA etc either negative or positive.
As I said I have done some searching and all I can come up with is that it is also in some weight loss/body building supplements and that it was first discovered in the saliva of an octopus, other than that no info seems to exist about its use as a recreational drug so any info would be most appreciated...

Octopamine is similar to effect to synephrine.

Mild stimulants, mainly make you feel hot, maybe a little restless and anxious, rather than any pleasant stimulant effects.

Not likely to have significant dangerous interactions at low doses as its pretty weak, but at higher doses combined with MDMA it would increase risk of hyperthermia, so probably not a good idea to mix them in excess; octopamine will add little to the MDMA experience and could well make it more dangerous.

Hmm thats what I thought may be the case.
so what about the other questions?
Does anyone have any experience using this recreationally?

Mild stimulants, mainly make you feel hot, maybe a little restless and anxious, rather than any pleasant stimulant effects.

I must confess to being dismissive of mild stimulants myself, in favour of potent ones.
wink.gif

I know this is an old thread! But... as this is available via research chemical sites (at DIRT cheap prices).. wondering if:

• anyone has had any experiences as of late?
  • what was the dosage used? (Please include any stimulatory tolerance & ROA, as well)

Given the lack of alpha-substitution I would suggest that octopamine would be so rapidly destroyed orally that it wouldn't be a worthwhile stimulant... (c.f. phenethylamine, phenylephrine) it usually seems relegated to the stupid "Limitless energy MAXX!!!" blends of every possible "nootropic".