• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids NOW I get it, casual opiate user - NO such thing.

Myself been a user for 2 years. Started off with weekend doses of oxy, then it moved into railing dilly and hydro. After two years I still only use on weekends and have NEVER gotten sick. We all have our binges but I make sure never to use more than 3 days in a row and give my body ample time to reboot before using again. I admit I've been going steeper into the hole with IV use but I still only use fri-sun. Have been doing IV for 2 months now 3 days a week. Most of my friends think I'm lying until they notice I'm never sick. Everyone tells me no such thing as a casual user, we'll see how I turn out I suppose. If for some reason I do get physically hooked I do have a backup plan and support to fix it right away.

prhighmalrage, thanks to you too! :)

And frosta... it's definitely good to have a back up plan. At least you're being self-aware, I'm sure that will be beneficial for you in the long run. Good luck.

after a friend tried a few 5mgs years ago..its started as a inconstant recreational thing..years went by, availability rose. and went to norcos, then morphine, to oxy....to being a full blown addict. after 3.5 years of hc accidiction, he went cold turkey, went through awful wds and now wishes he never tasted the sweet opiate of awesomeness as they are...:(

not saying everyone will become an addict, but opiates are one thing that can easily sneak up on anyone. my friend still craves them. but with only a few relapses since..kratom has been a good help withouth it the urges make him get the phone and call and fine ANYTHING .

i am a casual opiate user,i wouldnt be but a. i never have money or b.they arent available to me , i think the exist but only when your young and have no good source to get them,,now theres no such thing as a benzo casual user

i am a casual opiate user,i wouldnt be but a. i never have money or b.they arent available to me , i think the exist but only when your young and have no good source to get them,,now theres no such thing as a benzo casual user

I have to respectfully disagree with that statement... there is indeed such a thing as a casual benzo user. I've seen it with my own eyes lol. The people who get addicted to benzos tend to be the ones who have obtained them through legit purposes, because they actually need them. Just cause they're taking them so much, they become dependent without realizing it. However I know tons of people who will take a xanny bar when the occassion arises, and they will do it once in a blue moon. My best friend is one of them, I'll give her some of my xanax every once in a while. I swear that girl is like superwoman, she can take anything and is basically immune to pharm addiction lol. But yeah I can honestly say that I don't know ANYONE who is addicted to benzo's... and I do know quite a few people who enjoy taking them... they just don't do it on a regular basis, not at all.

I am not addicted to opiates or benzos. However, I do enjoy taking them both on occasion and I generally always have some on hand.

It's simple. The idea of being fucked up all the time scares me. If I sense myself going down that road, I have a very strong mental response to cease the behaviour that might lead to addiction.

It seems with these things that honesty only ever begins to operate retrospectively. I know that in my case no amount of discussion or insight was able to move me from my purpose - which was to get high - until I saw and felt for myself how fucking destructive opiates can be.
Words of wisdom indeed!