View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

novel lysergamides therapeutic effects

al-laddin

Bluelighter
Well we all know LSD and its ability to produce a magical and introspective headspace pretty well. We know that mushrooms produce mystical experiences and help with depression and anxiety. MDMA helps people work out emotional problems and help with openness. What about AL-LAD and LSZ? ALso LSA? I know LSA isn't exactly new but I havnt seen much literature on it. Anyone have enough experiences with the less common lysergamides to conclude any beneficial effects that may be commonly produced? Im wondering if in the future they may be studied medicinally and what their applications may be if they ever reach mainstream status.:?

What about 2C-B? What about 4-HO-MET? There's so much potential in so many drugs, LSD and MDMA therapy only scratches the surface - these days you might be able to pick a plethora of different SSRIs, SNRIs and NDRIs etc. for the treatment of depression and anxiety, however in the future you could have the choice between so many psychedelics (and of course other drugs).

Finding the substance that works best for yourself is..a very long but rewarding journey. The human mind is so fragile and not very well understood, only you can know what's best for yourself. Everyone is unique.

Note: On a medium dose of MXE; I hope this makes sense.

LSA actually has quite a bit of literature on its effects in humans & presence/isolation from e.g. morning glory seeds, it's just most of it is pre-1970 and hard to find digital copies of.

It's also been demonstrated that LSA is not only less potent per milligram than LSD as a centrally acting hallucinogen (and when it is given at active dose levels the experience is qualitatively different than LSD) but it's also rarely found in a pure form in nature, at least in ergoloid containing seeds - there are other ergot alkaloids and the isomer of LSA, iso-LSA.

Given the legal status of LSD and analogues, and the need for strict quality control and expensive synthesis, it's more likely that good old LSD itself will see a rise as a theraputic agent before LSZ or AL-LAD. The only reason you're seeing those on the RC market is because they are grey market drop in analogues of LSD that are closer than the NBOMes ever were.

Right, Im just saying though, that the psychedelics seem to have have slightly varied headspaces which perhaps explain why they all have similar but different psychological therapeutic effects. Im wondering if perhaps AL-LAD, LSZ and other non-ergaloid psychs may have capabilities we have not yet unlocked. Perhaps one me be more beneficial to OCD , the other for Depression, etc. Perhaps we may soon be able to hone in each compound for its therapeutic effetcs

I am certain that the drugs I term as the "New Psychedelics" (which covers pretty much any psychedelic not LSD, Psilocybin, DMT or mescaline) have as much use in therapy or medicine as the more accepted drugs such as LSD & Psilocybin. As the post above me states, all these drugs have subtley differing actions, & in time, I suspect their use in medicine could be quite well targetted. Some of them might suit certain conditions or personal dispositions, & others might suit others. As LSD & Psilocybin become more & more accepted in medicine, so the minds of those using them & prescribing them will open to the possibilities offered by what's become, thanks to Sasha Shulgin, one hell of a long, & still growing, list of "New Psychedelics".

I agree that these new psychedelics probably have as much potential as therapeutic agents as the classics. Unfortunately, LSD has 60 years of widespread use under its belt, AL-LAD and LAZ have one, and for most people (including the British government) these substances are just LSD with added unknowns (read 'dangers'). Just read one of their reports on novel-designer-hallucinogen-X. So realistically, we're probably not yet at the stage at which, for example, the increased euphoria of AL-LAD or body-load of LSZ (vs LSD) are relevant factors in choosing a substance for therapy (neither legally nor scientifically). Luckily, though, the classics do a pretty good job of sampling the psychedelic spectrum (with the possible exception of the effects of MDMA), so there's room for optimism (there always is).