• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Novel Japanese OTC Medication high method discovered.

tankparts

Greenlighter
I've been studying the OTC chems available at local pharmacies here in Japan. I've learnt a lot about Japanese OTC pharmaceuticals and have noticed some differences in OTC medication design from western countries:

a) preparation are almost always a cocktail of 3+ active chemicals, making isolation difficult.
b) Large amounts of caffeine is present in almost all pain relief and cold medicine.
c) Some medications are prepared as little white m&m's with a sugary coating, making me wonder about child danger potential.
d) Some common medications have substances banned in other countries for adverse effects, sometimes quite serious.
e) Raw powder satchels are a common way to take drugs in Japan. (dump them on your tongue and wash it down, even with bitter compounds.
f) Even though there are drugs like dihydrocodiene and DXM available OTC, there is very little abuse potential due to their cocktail design.

Now, to the novel method I have discovered. There is a pain killer medicine called "naron ace T" here on the market. It is an ibuprofen based painkiller with the obligatory 3 other active ingredient list from the cocktail happy Japanese pharma companies.

every 2 tabs contains:

Ibuprofen [Amount] 144mg
Ethenzamide [Amount] 84mg
Bromovaleryl urea [Content] 200 mg [
Anhydrous caffeine [Quantity] 50mg

Interestingly, looking at the tablet design, one can clearly see a multi-layered design to the tablets. There are three pressed layers, one pink layer sandwiched between two white layers. I was curious to discover which layers contained which drugs from the formulation.
While I thought it may be possible that the formulation was mixed up and then the pink layer food-colored for aesthetic reasons, I believe the more obvious and economic reason of these layers was to join the different chemicals into one pill at the pressing stage.

I tried to separate the layers with a sharp steak knife at first, to see if they would just pop off. This was not successful. the tablets would flake off in unpredictable ways, even with precise pressure and position.

I next tried to separate the layers with a metal needle, trying to penetrate the boundary between layers. I had more success with this, and I was able uncover the shape of each layer. The bottom layer was a convex "bulbous disc" that separated quite easily using this technique.
I immediately tested a high does of just this layer and found no psychoactive effects. We can pencil this layer in as the anti inflammatory section, containing ibuprofen and Ethenzamide.

The last two layers would not separate cleanly, owing to the top white layer not being structurally strong enough to separate in one piece after needle pressure was applied. It would flake off in parts roughly a 3rd size.

A new technique was needed to separate the pink middle and white top layer,

I opted to use a fine cheeze grater, to abraid it off. It was successful, but not perfect. the mid and top layer with concave / convex, like reading glasses lenses. Abrading the top layer off would leave a small amount attached to the mid layer around the sides. I thought this was a tolerable outcome. I assume the top layer is the caffeine (free no-doz powder?)

I tried a high does of the pink layer and noticed a subtle but enjoyable GABA like depressant high. Though unconfirmed by proper testing, I would bet that this pink layer contains the Bromovaleryl urea, or Bromisoval. A very old and mostly out of use hypnotic sedative, sometimes classed as a barbiturate. An interesting side note here, this family of drugs was make illegal after "Brian Epstein" aka the fifth beatle OD'd and died on a similar chemical. Also, chronic use can lead to serious side effects associated with Bromine poisoning. Don't ask me why Japan still uses it, I don't know. "Therapeutic doses" are listed as 1-2g with a short half life of 2 hours. I would be cautious about going over this limit. And no mixing this chemical with other depressants at all.

The high feels a bit like having a couple of beers and one Valium. Quite subtle and functional. It would make a good anxiety medication to be using sparingly in a pinch. It should be avoided at all costs as a daily drug of abuse due to Bromine poisoning.as tolerance builds

Did the lady at the counter explain what each layer was? Might be worth getting test done before following through using this “mix’.

I hate ibuprofen, have to take a PPI if I touch that crap.

If therapeutic doses indicate 1-2g, and they only contain 200mg, you’d need 5 to hit the spot, if you don’t rely on eyesight for the amount you scrape off (which would be fairly hard to predict how much you’ve managed to get, provided this ‘pink’ area is what you say it is.
And that’s a therapeutic dose at its lowest....

What if this ‘pink’ area contains another one of the other pharms mixed, one layer could be just filler for all we know without a test.

I hate cocktail OTCs, there’s always something nasty in them that will eventually cause some kind of organ damage.

Taking the pseudo and codeine out of my old ‘get to work’ cold and flu tabs was heartbreaking for me, but again, no big loss, they had enough paracetamol in them to make your liver hate you for life.

You mention in e) that they consume a lot of drugs that are powder form, are these OTC?

And caffeine’s been popping up in these OTC mixtures for a while now, nice way to get the heart started when your trying to nod off from some kind of opiate or benzo.

Think there’s a tonne of movie/music celebs that have died on barbiturates, and yeah they may be related to this Bromisoval, but lots of barbs are related to one another....

If dihydrocodines available, I can’t see why bother with something slightly unknown, and seems a hassle to get whatever your after.

Last edited:
Thanks for writing this. I've seen a few tweets and a blog post regarding Naron Ace abuse and i wonder whether is there any further information about it here on bluelight. Your method is also the same as the ones i've read; split the layer, take the pink one. And considering you did feel a high... i guess this sort of confirms that the brovarin is in the pink one? Seems likely.
Then again there's barely any information about it since it's an unpopular way of getting high (splitting pill layers sound tedious) compared to Bron and Restamine (still don't understand why would anyone abuse restamine, it's literally benadryl).

Then it's fake, Japan was always about the concept of nature, most still use plants to heal themselves instead of modern medicine. Japan it's well known for promoting ''reality''. So I don't buy this. Your thread should have the word ''urban/influence''.