• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Norco after suboxone?

Busto313

Greenlighter
If I took 1mg of Suboxone about 9 hours ago can I take 1 1000mg Norco and actually feel it without making me WD??

I think you mean 10mg Norco. If you have been on Suboxone for awhile, I doubt one Norco will do much. If you took just 1mg Sub one time 9 hours ago, maybe, but I even doubt that.

I would definitely wait to take the Norco. Unless you are not a regular sub user. 1 MG of sub is pretty low, but as kitty already stated, even after quite a few hours, that sub will still be on top of you. I would wait at least until the next day. 24 hours or more and you should be good I would think.

Wait 3 days after suboxone use to use other opiates to feel it. That's my golden rule.

Do you usually only take one 10mg norco at a time? That's a pretty low dose.

It all depends on how fast you metabolize your drugs and how much sub you have taken, everyone is and always will be different when it comes to this issue of how long you can feel full agonist opioids after taking sub. If your anything like me, I can do a full agonist like oxy, dilaudid, H or something like that 8 hours after doing 1-2mg sub and feel it perfect, however I am not sure if I would even feel a 10mg Norco being completely sober, as I have never liked hydrocodone and find it extremely weak, especially just one 10mg pill. Granted, the longer you wait after sub the better you feel the full agonist, whatever it maybe, in most cases. but still you can feel a full agonist like 8 hours later if you have a fast enough metabolism and only take a little sub... But shit... I would rather take sub than Norco! lol I think subutex(or suboxone, whichever), especially when IV'ed like I normally do mine is much stronger than low doses like 10mg of hydro! That's just me though..

Yeah, I wouldn't waste my time or stash with just one 10mg norco to begin with.

I would still suggest waiting as long as possible after the sub for the best results. At least 48 hours. Subs have an extremely long half-life.

Yeah a real weak and low dose of norco/hydrocodone won't do Shit. 1mg buprenorphine is way stronger than 10mg hydrocodone. Especially if you have been taking the bupe regularly, it will raise your tolerance quite higher than being able to feel hydrocodone, even in larger doses. My tolerance is so jacked from making the switch back and forth from H/fentanyl to sub, that I can take 50mg oxycodone and barely feel the effects anymore.

If it was 1 single 1mg dose of bupe, and depending where your tolerance is at, I would wait 24+hours before you tried catching a buzz of the Norco.

As the above poster mentioned, if you have a very low tolerance to opioids, 1mg buprenorphine would actually give way more recreational effects than 10mg Norco. It's way more powerful.

Low dose Buprenorphine > Hydrocodone, anyday! For me anyways. I love the feeling of bupe at low doses and unless I have strong opioids like oxy or heroin sitting in my hands, ready to be prepped up and slammed or sniffed or whatever the fuck, I don't care to waste my time with anything else, and don't go out of my way to use opioids anymore at all really, even the strong ones. I have really grown to like the feeling of bupe when done at low doses IV(although I don't suggest anyone going anyfurther than plugging it) 1-2mg maximum at a time. It gives me a wayyy stronger feeling than some weak ass full agonist opiate like hydrocodone or codeine for example. Shit sometimes bupe feels something akin to oxycodone to me if I wait long enough in between dosing, IME. And I completely understand why it would, because both oxycodone and buprenorphine are derived from the same thing, thebaine. Even though bupe is a partial agonist it can still pack a nice little punch when it wants to, and has that same kind of almost energetic but also sedative unexplainable feeling as oxy does from time to time, maybe not quite as much euphoria or analgesia as oxy gives, but similar feeling in a lot of ways to me. Sometimes I barely feel the bupe if I take my shots too close together, but when I wait like all day to do to more after my regular morning ~2mg dose and start going into withdrawl, since bupe only lasts a little while when injected compared to other ROAs, I really feel its full effects! I will even catch a nod a lot of the time believe it or not! Its one of those fickle drugs that has a wide array of different effects from person to person.

Yeah, if I could manage to reset my tolerance, which usually means quitting all opioids for 2weeks+. I would take buprenorphine for recreational purposes over hydrocodone any day of the week.

That's wild. Bupe has only gotten me in the sweet spot one time. The first time I ever took it. Tried it again a few months later, and.... NOTHING. No high. No recreational values at all. It just removed my cravings and WDs