• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Nootropics + Stimulants = Safe?

Lady Codone

Bluelighter
Just curious, as I received my shipment of noopept today. Can't find much info about combining nootropics with stimulants, so forgive me if this is an elementary question. Guess that's why I'm posting in BDD ;)

How does noopept interact with low doses of amphetamine-type stimulants? Specifically, 4-FA or 2-FMA. Possibly ethylphenidate.

Any info appreciated. I'm a noopept noob.

as far as I know it is not rly studied but it seems to be no good combo. My testings myself have shown, that i react alot more sensitiv to the stims in that combo than normaly! I would not recomend it

I did take phenibut with methylphenidate....only thing i noticed was a little more loose but I did take like 40 mg's of ritalin....And I was only supposed to take a smaller amount....Other then that amp's I really can't say. I would prolly enjoy it but, thats me.

Thanks for the info! I keep my stimulant doses super low as is. Will be starting with tiny noopept doses as well.

I used to take modafinil for a short time and found it...weird. I couldn't sleep but was still fatigued, which was almost worse. Wonder how noopept compares to the -dafinil drugs?

You should be fine with noopept. It might perhaps potentiate it somewhat, but I can't see any dangerous interaction here.

I can't speak to those unresearched, probably unsafe stims in combo, however as regards to amphetamine and the racetams studies aren't conclusive, some saying its better for the brain, others worse. But they definitely synergize. I would stick to just one, as my feeling is that its unsafe to combine them. Perhaps this is better suited for od/add.

Last edited:
In my subjective experience: Using piracetam with my amps increased my tolerance much faster than without it. I remember hearing tolerance = something to do with damage in the dopamine system. This leads me to believe it does increase damage induced by stimulants. Of course this is just my ¢2 though as it is all anecdotal.

Oh wow, not what I was expecting! Guess I'll stick to an either/or regimen unless someone has an overwhelming success story of combining the two. Glad I checked here first.

The term "nootropic" is misleading in general; & meaningless to me; aside from identifying it as usually legally available. But this says nothing about the pharmacodynamics of the drugs & their resulting psychological interactions. I'm not familiar w/ the said "nootropic" so i can't say much else aside from: use caution when consuming substances sold as "nootropics" as their pharmacology can vary widely

I did take phenibut with methylphenidate....only thing i noticed was a little more loose but I did take like 40 mg's of ritalin....And I was only supposed to take a smaller amount....Other then that amp's I really can't say. I would prolly enjoy it but, thats me.

Point/case. Phenibut is being considered a "nootropic" here. However, it is a GABAb agonist (this is where GHB's sedative effects come from).. COMPLETELY different than racetams which likely interact w/ AMPA receptors, acetylcholine, & glutamate in a very non GABAergic way; or others like cholinergics, or other more stimulatory "nootropics" like modafinil.

It depends on the specific nootropic in question. I don't see any direct interactions, so you shouldn't need to worry about dangerous synergy. The effects of AMPAr agonism (common to noopept and 'racetams) on neuroplasticity might help you recover from amphetamines more quickly. You may need reduced dosages of both compounds when they're used in combination.

ebola

In my subjective experience: Using piracetam with my amps increased my tolerance much faster than without it. I remember hearing tolerance = something to do with damage in the dopamine system. This leads me to believe it does increase damage induced by stimulants. Of course this is just my ¢2 though as it is all anecdotal.

I have always heard that piracetam will protect your neurons from damaging effects of both amphetamine based drugs and alcohol. I wish I knew that back in the day.

I've heard around here taking noopept and amphetamines can lower your seizure threshold, but i'm really not sure about that one. I've noticed flashing lights and general over-stimulation from this mixture before, but this is just a weak anecdote. FWIW i've noticed zero interactions between piracetam/aniracetam with amphetamines.

That's strange. Anecdotally, piracetam seems to augment the effects of amphetamines.

Intriguing, but I'm a bit wary that they botched MDMA's full name in the abstract. :p I wish that I had access to the full text, as I'd like to hear more about how piracetam alters phospholipid permeability and how this should affect transport reversal.

ebola

Thanks! I should've specified that I'm referring to noopept rather than "nootropics" in general. I can see how it might lower seizure threshold when taken with stims. So far I've only tested the tiniest amount of noopept with a small dose of 4-FA in my system.

If it's not going to provide any neuroprotective/otherwise beneficial effects, I might just skip it. Was really looking for something to help offset the depleting effects of stims but not sure if anything can do that, lol. My brain feels oxygen-hungry and sluggish most of the time (with or without stimulants).

You should see a doctor if its that bad. Nice find EA! 4-fa is a different, though related, animal op. Best to stay away from rcs if at all possible. The mega amp thread should be of some use though.