• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

No opiate withdrawal after binge?

ShabbaRanksII

Greenlighter
Hi, I'm new here. But anyways, the past week(maybe more, Times been a distant concept lately) I've been binging on oxy. For the past two months I've been using it frequently from once a week to twice to every other to everyday, you know how it goes. About a week and a half ago I was using it pretty frequently and I took a 3 day break and had some withdrawal. I started again, using it everyday, and the past three days I've been high all day. I stopped because I knew it was getting out of hand. My last dosage was about 24 hours ago and I have barely felt withdrawal symptoms. I've just been irritable. I was wondering if I'm gunna feel some symptoms soon? If it helps I started with 10 mg avg dose to 20-25mg.

yes, you will probably start to experience withdrawal symptoms soon. kratom works pretty well for opiate withdrawal...just fyi

Hey Shabba and welcome to BL:D

IR oxy half life 3.2h
ER oxy half life 4.5 h

4.5 x 3.2 = 14.4 hours till 95% elimination
4.5 x 4.5 = 20.25 hours till 95% elimination

Since you are at 24 hours then the drugs almost eliminated from your system. My opinion is that your withdrawals are not going to get much/ if at all worse.

As i'm sure you know your playing right near a fire that you certainly do not want to fall into. If you continue you will fall into said fire. I would pull back completely on the opiates.

Sober Living --> Basic Drug Discussion

Two months, at 20-25 mgs a time on a bi-weekly basis (or less)? Pfft. That's not any sort of habit you're gonna experience big WD symptoms from, at least most people won't.

That is ridiculous. You are not doing your self a favor, like anyone else who is convincing him self about WD after few days (In a raw.) of doing opiates. You will or you already feel bad, maybe even a bit of real WD symptoms, because you did mess up with your's body chemistry, hormone levels, digestion and whatever, but that is not the real WD. In my case it took almost a month (This should not serve as an encouragement!), although it definitely matters what is one taking, in which form, how many times per day. Two times per day, or even one with something like Methadon, or SR like tables, and it will probably happen much sooner. And as someone already pointed out, we are all different. In rare case it can maybe happen someone really hits WD after a short binge, just like some people are allergic, or oversensitive to opiates, or like some people get totally opposite effect (increased pain) etc. Let's hope you are not of these special cases.

Last edited: