• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

No Car Insurance Ticket (Help with court-date)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jam uh weezy

Bluelighter
Hello everybody! So I guess legal discussion is gone...

Anyways, I received a ticket a few months back for failure to provide proof of insurance because, well, my insurance had expired 2 months prior. It's a fat ticket. So I am going to see a judge tomorrow, and I have to try to talk to him.

My dilemma? I simply can't afford the $1000 dollar fine. At least not until the fall-semester starts for school and my financial aid comes in. So I want to ask you all(hopefully some with legal experience read this) how I should present this to the judge, and what I can do to remedy the situation. I was think of asking him if I can do some sort of community service, or get a SECOND extension.

I re-instated my auto-insurance a week after I received the ticket, so I am definitely going to show that too him...But what I want to know is how to present myself and any sort of related legal-speak that would be beneficial for me too know.

As I said. I am taking two summer classes, so my working hours were limited(got A's in both.) My GPA is 3.6. I simply do not have the money to pay for this ticket outright. Also, I am going to drive to socal on August 12th, so if I am unable to work out something with this ticket I will be driving down there illegal the whole time.

Thanks in advance everybody, any and all advice is appreciated!

I afforded a $1,500 transmission on a part time job and it wasn't even my fault.

To be quite honest, I say try to strike a deal with him (I have no legal experience to offer you) and if not, then I guess you'll just have to suck it up and learn a lesson from it. Make sure you bring copies of your earnings and your expenses so that you have something to back up your talk as you try to do this deal and you can show that you can't pay the fine.

As a final note, LD was closed for a very good reason, I'd say.

tell him you need a payment plan, they will more than likely be happy to squeeze out your blood one drop at a time.

If you show up to court with proof that you are currently insured, they should drop it. Did you show the cop your expired insurance card, or did you just say you didn't have it? Either way, they should drop it, I know mine was dropped when I received a ticket of this nature.

If not, the court will gladly offer you a payment plan, they don't want to let you and your money slip away!!

I think you need *removed spam link* agent he complete guide you about payment plan i hope you find best policy

that may well be but i was referring to the ticket. this thread is months old anyway, and i hope everything worked out for the OP.

Thanks for the input everyone. I reinstated the insurance before the court date and automatically got the ticket. I was happy with that, but something tells me if I had actually tried to sell it to the judge i could have gotten even more reduced.

Since this is resolved I'm going to go ahead and close this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.