New member questions

RR1989

Bluelighter
Hello all
I searched and could not get a straight forward answer on either question i had so i decided here was the best spot to ask. I apologize if its the wrong area.

1st question: Is it allowed to post on the topic of growing - indoor growing journal really with updates pictures etc.. I am growing poppy plants and wanted to document my first grow..i am not growing nor would i be documenting in wiriting or pictures anything illegal..simply posting a poppy plant grow with images of the flower it produces (legal in my area as long as the plant isnt harvested into anything illegal)

2nd question : assuming i get the green light to proceed with my growing post where would i post this under exactly...maybe I'm over thinking it but there seems like more than one possibility? Or would something like this be more useful on the blogs section?

Sorry again id I'm in the wrong area or asking dumb questions..any help or point in the right direction would be much appreciated!

Thanks

I searched and could not get a straight forward answer on either question i had so i decided here was the best spot to ask. I apologize if its the wrong area.

Welcome. And no reason to apologize. We appreciate you attempting to follow the rules and put things in the right areas, but acknowledge we're a fairly large site so 'location' may be a bit overwhelming depending upon the content you wish to share. In general, we know things will be posted with the best of intentions, and staff don't get upset if it's in the wrong forum, they'll simply move it to the correct home so proper discussion can be held.

1st question: Is it allowed to post on the topic of growing - indoor growing journal really with updates pictures etc.. I am growing poppy plants and wanted to document my first grow..i am not growing nor would i be documenting in wiriting or pictures anything illegal..simply posting a poppy plant grow with images of the flower it produces (legal in my area as long as the plant isnt harvested into anything illegal)

Great question, and relevant as we aren't able to control what is legal for various members due to the global nature of our membership. However, we generally take the approach that people will choose to do drugs (generally illegal) so we allow discussion on how to do it safely (Harm Reduction) but not how to obtain those drugs. We leave the legality of an activity to the user, and focus on their safety and well being.

With that, I'm not sure how much 'growing' falls to the Harm Reduction aspect vs the legality aspects. I'll defer to the forum mods most closely associated with this. If it were for pot, we do have a weed forum, but for poppies, I'm guessing it would be either Other Drugs (OD) or Psychedelic Drugs (PD). I'll send up the bat signal for their input.

2nd question : assuming i get the green light to proceed with my growing post where would i post this under exactly...maybe I'm over thinking it but there seems like more than one possibility? Or would something like this be more useful on the blogs section?

Sorry again id I'm in the wrong area or asking dumb questions..any help or point in the right direction would be much appreciated!

No dumb questions. If you don't know, chances are others don't know, and asking like this allows everyone to benefit from the discussion and eventual answer. I'd give it another day or two for the OD and PD mods to indicate what's allowed in their forums and which is a better home for your topic.

Thank you for the fast responses. Ill continue to check back until we get an official answer.