• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

New here need help please

Thatoneguykev22

Greenlighter
Ok I got a question.. Hopefully can get the answer I'm looking for I've been doing opiates for going on 2 years now after my brother died.. Tabs mainly but if not percs, roxis, or what ever painkiller I could get my hands on.. Most i have ever got up to was ten 10mg (From the time i woke up to the time i went to sleep) Out of the past two years I've quit maybe 5 times one longest was probably a week.. Most of those wasn't really by choice (Had a drug test) But I've been preparing to quit (Got some kratom and can get xanax) but I just kept putting off but I think I'm finally going to do it. I've tried cold turkey but it's helll and I've also tried tapering but that just don't work for me once I take 2 I just want more.. But i seen online there's a "how to get off opiates with kratom" instructions but I was wondering two things
#1 Friday 3-17-17 I took my last two 7.5s when would my withdrawal start 8 hours after that or did they already start before I took those and those didn't effect
#2 if I do the Kratom plan to withdrawl the rest of the week will it put me back into opiate withdrawl after that or Kratom withdrawal if I just use it for 6 days and take the xanax at night for days for the rls and to help me sleep.. (I've quit it cold turkey before no problem compared to this.. I actually hate them because I can't function normally like I can with opiates)

I haven't used kratom to come off opiates so maybe someone with more experience can help you with that. I usually would wake up the next morning after my last dose with withdrawals. How much and how often are you using? The most important thing in getting clean is doing this because you want to because forced sobriety often doesn't stick. If you need a benzo to get you through, use them only at night for sleep. We also have a Sober Living section if you want to check it out. Sorry to hear your brother passed. Hang in there!

I have found that it's easiest to really really want to quit while i still have a stash and while I am still high. It's when the stash is gone and you aren't high anymore that your will to quit is going to be tested.

I can help you a lot with your acute withdrawals but others will have to step in for the paws. I couldn't tell how much you take but I'll use myself as an example and you can figure your dosages from there.

I use 100-120 mg of oxycodone a day. I withdraw all the way through every single month and my only real problems are with cravings. If I could get rid of cravings somehow I could be done with this oh so wonderful devil.

My withdrawal regiment is simple.

First three days

4-6mg of loperamide upon waking up
3-4 teaspoons of meang da kratom upon waking up
800mg ibuprofen upon waking up

3-4 teaspoons of meang da kratom 1-2 hours after waking up

3-4 teaspoons meang da kratom at lunch

2-4mg of loperamide at bedtime
30ml of NyQuil or .5 Xanax at bedtime.

Day 4-6 cut down everything except bedtime doses by half.

Doing that I don't feel withdrawals at all. Hope this helps and I hope you can kick and stay gone for good my brotha.

DXM therapeutic doses for w/d
benzodiazepines for anxiety/tension/sleep
GABAergics (gabapentin, pregablin, phenibut) - same as above and RLS
loperamide/lomotil (even better - diphenoxylate) for diahrrea and also can curb WD symptoms a bit (diphenoxylate crosses BBB)
Cannabis - nausea, pain, sleep, appetite

lots of water
try to eat
I'd avoid alcohol

The treatment of heroin addicts with dextromethorphan: a double-blind comparison of dextromethorphan with chlorpromazine.

Koyuncuoğlu H1, Saydam B.
Author information

Abstract

According to the hypothesis that the development of physical dependence on and tolerance to opiates depends on the inhibition by opiates of L-asparaginase and L-glutaminase activities in the brain, and the blockade by opiates of the aspartatergic/glutamatergic receptors especially NMDA, four female and fourty-four male heroin addicts were included in a double-blind clinical trial. Four mg chlorpromazine (CPZ) was administered every hour and 10 mg diazepam (DIA) every 6 hours to a group consisting of two female and nineteen male inpatients. The remaining subjects received 15 mg non-opioid antitussive dextromethorphan (DM) instead of CPZ. The withdrawn addicts were controlled twice a day and yawning, lacrimation, rhinorrhoea, perspiration, goose flesh, muscle tremor, dilated pupils, anorexia, joint and muscle aches, restlessness, insomnia, emesis, diarrhea, craving and rejection of smoking as abstinence syndrome signs were observed and rated on a scale of 1, 2 and 3 points according to their intensity. All signs, except perspiration and emesis, were significantly less intense in the group given DM + DIA than CPZ + DIA. The other plus points included the immediate stop of craving and the early onset of smoking in DM + DIA group. The results are considered to be supporting evidence for the hypothesis emphasizing the blockade of NMDA receptors by opiates in opiate addiction. Furthermore, the decrease caused by non-opioid NMDA antagonists in the responsiveness of NMDA receptors appears very promising for the treatment of opiate addicts.

My bad I just seen these replies figured nobody was going to write back.. I slipped up and am now going back on day 2 I appreciate all the responses but that one seemed like it was more of the answer is was looking for I usually do the ib800s every time one in the morning and one at night.. And use the Kratom when I can't get nothing but I'm just tired of feeling like sh.t (that's why I usually give in) but I'm also tired of waking up and needing them so this time I'm serious as it gets.. I just finished day one took a 2 xanax footballs to get me thru the day and so it would kinda keep my mind from getting tabs.. But i really want to do the Kratom or also Ive heard of something called tramadol since my last post I'm just sacred they will prolong my withdrawals or have withdrawals from them even tho I would only be taking either or for the first 4 or 5 days.. but thanks everyone

Withdrawals are a pretty scary thing man. There is a reason why we put all the time and energy in to figuring out how to avoid them. Just don't give up. Take the hard road baby.

Thanks appreciate it again.. I ended up taking some kratom just now just hope it don't push my w/d back or make them longer I know you said cut day 4,5, and 6 in half but what do you after day 6 just no kratom at all or what?

After day 6 you have to make a decision. If you're ready for the sober life then quit the kratom too. If you still need kratom as a maintenance drug then so be it. Just have to try not to over do it.